PDA

View Full Version : Just saw The Dark Knight

Red
18 Jul 2008, 01:19am
No Spoiler Alerts here

Great movie. Waited in line for about 1 hour then actually lucked out and got seats smack dab in the middle of the theater where we sat for another hour.

Movie was long, about 2.5 hours. Excellently written, they managed to tie a fuckload of characters, explanations and plots together without making it cheesy.

Heath was great as the Joker, just as people have been saying.

Go see it now.

Oh, don't wait for the credits to finish, there's nothing at the very end unfortunately. :sad:

edit: Video I took of the line on my phone

HqdmGtozCC8

NIKO
18 Jul 2008, 01:21am
I cant wiat to see it in IMAX

LitKey
18 Jul 2008, 01:30am
Oh, don't wait for the credits to finish, there's nothing at the very end unfortunately. :sad:

That's why I fucking hate how they add extra stuff after a long ass credits - you never know if there will be anything else after them or not for any movie. And most people just walk out once they start to roll, so it's kind of a mistake for them to add extra footage because most won't see it. They should just make it so the last scene is before the credits for every movie.

SOLANUM
18 Jul 2008, 01:31am
Drove by the theater when my mother and I went to taco bell tonight, where wasnt a SINGLE parking spot left.

Sol

*Queen VenomousFate*
18 Jul 2008, 01:35am
That's why I fucking hate how they add extra stuff after a long ass credits - you never know if there will be anything else after them or not for any movie. And most people just walk out once they start to roll, so it's kind of a mistake for them to add extra footage because most won't see it. They should just make it so the last scene is before the credits for every movie.

Yea Like The Alternate Ending They Added AT The End Of 28 Days Later That No One Knew About.

Hey My 420th Post Wooooooo.

Danny G
18 Jul 2008, 06:34am
I want to see this movie !!

barackobama
18 Jul 2008, 08:55am
Sounds good, it looks so good!

God, when Americans are speak all together @ once, it sounds like a pack of birds :O

Cooki3Monsta
18 Jul 2008, 09:14am
I have to go see it soon =O

Red
18 Jul 2008, 09:21am
And when brits all speak together it sounds like a choir?

barackobama
18 Jul 2008, 09:47am
And when brits all speak together it sounds like a choir?

:rlol::rlol::rlol:

Lux
18 Jul 2008, 12:18pm
What a line.............its a bit stupid really I've been to movies on the first day out and I just book it online....then walk in....although the cinema does have about 20 screens :wink:

I'll go see this it looks good, better than the only movie I haven't seen, the Forbidden Kingdom.

Red
18 Jul 2008, 12:35pm
Everyone in line had bought tickets days in advance. They just made all of us wait in one big ass line even though it was being shown on 8 screens.

Itch
18 Jul 2008, 09:26pm
I've got tickets for tomorrow morning.

We just got a few new theaters here that have reserved seating.. you can show up anywhere from 30 minutes before hand to right at the show time and always get the seat you wanted.

*Queen VenomousFate*
18 Jul 2008, 09:34pm
I Just Saw It, It Was Really Good And Really Long.

Italian Jew
18 Jul 2008, 10:14pm
I managed to see the movie twice today, once at noon with my brother and later around 8 with my friends. They did a perfect job with the movie and Ledger definitely deserves high praise for his work. By far one of the best movies in my book. They blended the story arcs and the art perfectly. The only thing I am worried about is the 3rd one because I do not know what villain would fit best with what they are trying to do with Batman. It can't be any of the cheesy villains, and all of the obscure ones are up for grabs as they managed to use Ra's Al Ghul well in Batman Begins.

The trailers were also pretty awesome as well. I can't wait for Quantum of Solace and I also want to see what they did with Terminator Salvation and Watchmen. Watchmen looks like another good graphic novel adaptation and I hope for the best for the new terminator movie (even though it looks iffy).

If they have a director's cut in line for DVD, that would make the movie even better because they cut out some things that would push it well over the edge into the R rating (I think the rating system sucks tbh). A long movie, so don't drink your 32 oz. drink all at once (mistake I made during RoTK and would never do again).

*Queen VenomousFate*
18 Jul 2008, 10:57pm
I managed to see the movie twice today, once at noon with my brother and later around 8 with my friends. They did a perfect job with the movie and Ledger definitely deserves high praise for his work. By far one of the best movies in my book. They blended the story arcs and the art perfectly. The only thing I am worried about is the 3rd one because I do not know what villain would fit best with what they are trying to do with Batman. It can't be any of the cheesy villains, and all of the obscure ones are up for grabs as they managed to use Ra's Al Ghul well in Batman Begins.

The trailers were also pretty awesome as well. I can't wait for Quantum of Solace and I also want to see what they did with Terminator Salvation and Watchmen. Watchmen looks like another good graphic novel adaptation and I hope for the best for the new terminator movie (even though it looks iffy).

If they have a director's cut in line for DVD, that would make the movie even better because they cut out some things that would push it well over the edge into the R rating (I think the rating system sucks tbh). A long movie, so don't drink your 32 oz. drink all at once (mistake I made during RoTK and would never do again).

Lol Why Would You See It Twice, That Is 5 Hours Of Movie.

Italian Jew
18 Jul 2008, 11:26pm
I promised people I would see it with them. Seeing as how it was a great movie, I didn't mind seeing it again and picking up anything I didn't before.

SOLANUM
19 Jul 2008, 12:44am
I just got back from seeing it. I dont think I can really explain this movies amount of epic win. I can say though that it is indeed over 9000.

"Madness is alot like gravity, as you know. All it takes.....is a little push"

Sol

*Queen VenomousFate*
19 Jul 2008, 01:16am
I just got back from seeing it. I dont think I can really explain this movies amount of epic win. I can say though that it is indeed over 9000.

"Madness is alot like gravity, as you know. All it takes.....is a little push"

Sol

SPOLIER ALERT

I Was Kinda Mad, I Thought They Were Gonna Keep Two-Face Alive As A Future Villain. I Didn't Think They Would Kill Off Two Villains In One Movie.

Ooo And The Ending Of This Movie Sets Up The Sequel To Be Pretty Much To Be Exactly Like Spiderman 3, Evil Superhero.

{Zulu}HeavyGunner
19 Jul 2008, 07:20am
I'm watching it thursday hopefully. My older bro says its good and Hellboy II is blown away by it.:001_smile:

G-Man
20 Jul 2008, 07:57am
(SPOILER ALERT) I just saw this movie and heath was no doubt the best part of it, but i had some problems with it no one really talks about. The story just becomes a mess of tangled plots and characters in the middle and slowly connects each other towards the end. There were just kinda a little too many characters and different things happenining to put in one film. Like im confused with the whole thing about dent and his connection to the whole situation aside from being hostaged by joker. Also, why the chinese guy was willing to help the mob with thier finances, was it because he wanted some of the money? And then the joker tries to be the one to help to the mob kill batman? At times i just wanted to see more batman vs. joker, like not a cliche hero movie but just a little more tension.

Now don't get me wrong, the movie kicked so much ass. I loved how it was different than a normal hero movie where it follows a formula. The plot got a little to complex and felt like a whole differerent movie at times. heath was great and towards the end, i was fucking scared of his ass and the terror he caused towards the end made me bite my fingernails and run out of breath.

Zargotelc
20 Jul 2008, 07:58am
ha-L_RCNHag

That is some damn good soundtrack music

flowrida
20 Jul 2008, 08:20am
i love the pencil trick

Itendtokill
24 Jul 2008, 12:27pm
EASILY BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR

Heath Ledger mastered that role, to bad he died.. only 29

iS2sweets
24 Jul 2008, 12:52pm
omfg, i was told batman dies so i was expecting that throught the whole movie and i finally realized at the end hahaha i was TRICKED!
god damn it...

GrayFox
24 Jul 2008, 01:05pm
EASILY BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR

Heath Ledger mastered that role, to bad he died.. only 29

Yea, its really a shame he did die because that was easily one of the best acting roles I've seen. They better not bring back the Joker as another actor, because that would completly ruin it for me.

Crimson
24 Jul 2008, 03:27pm
I just saw Hancock, this is next on meh list. ^_-

LegalSmash
24 Jul 2008, 09:49pm
I just saw DK, it was okay, had some plot issues, a little too long, and gylenhall is fucking busted compared to Lord Xenu's wife.

Joker was great, two face was well played. I wish batman would stop talking like clint eastwood in dirty harry though.

Daze
25 Jul 2008, 07:58am
haven't seen this yet...

anyone see the papers and the story about Christian Bale's mum and sister?

His sister wanted £100,000 to raise her two kids, he lived with his dad in america and hardly saw his sister.

its a joke really because they went to the police and apparently "didnt want any publicity for him" after he apparently assualted them.

she apparently has a job as a computer programmer, so why the f*ck does she need 100k to raise her kids?

i would have done the same as him.

A grade bitches

Red
25 Jul 2008, 09:52am
Sounds like money grubbin cunts to me.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't let his family suffer if they really needed the money.

trakaill
25 Jul 2008, 01:12pm
the movie was amazing there is so much to say I dont think I can type all of it. GO SEE IT.

leechbox
25 Jul 2008, 04:33pm
REALLY GOOD MOVIE.

Cranks
25 Jul 2008, 08:22pm
That is the best joker yet the guy really did play his part well. Batman him self was also good its nice to have a superhero that dose not have powers or some sort for once

Silentmist413
26 Jul 2008, 07:24pm
Wanna see a magic trick?? Why soo serious?

Cranks
26 Jul 2008, 07:47pm
I thought the start of the film with the robbery was awesome and well done:P good old joker