PDA

View Full Version : zm_mallescape

JamesCSmith
17 Jul 2008, 09:05am
Has anyone ever thought of making a mall escape zombie map? Like in the movies, all zombie movies are usually in a mall. Like put a helicopter on top of the mall and a certain time limit. Put a lot of known brand stores in it.

For barricades, you could always put gumball machines, and jump on top of there. < example. Another would be that in the stores, you could shoot soda machines, boxes, ext.

This seems like a really good idea. I hope someone is out there that could make this idea come to life.

Danny G
17 Jul 2008, 09:08am
Yeah, that would have been cool with a time limit. Two big houses with one that has an helicopter on its roof and one that doesn't have anything but it has T and CT spawn. You have to run to the helicopter as fast as you can and escape the zombies.

JamesCSmith
17 Jul 2008, 09:13am
yea. but make it where u travel through the mall. and later if you don't make the time limit. jets fly in and nuke the place. like in the movies xD

Danny G
17 Jul 2008, 09:23am
Yeah, that is cool haha xD

Boobcake
17 Jul 2008, 09:40am
If i was a better mapper i would try this out it sounds great and fun to play, maybe need more than just a helicopter. dont realy know what tho lol :p

GrayFox
17 Jul 2008, 09:56am
boobcake I love your sig

Danny G
17 Jul 2008, 12:18pm
Lol

Zargotelc
17 Jul 2008, 12:47pm
It'd be a great idea. I love those type of building or city maps.

This reminds me of that 360 game where you were some photographer stuck in a mall and had to use chainsaws and crap to get out. I forget what that game was called. Anyways , I'll help as much as I can , would be nice for the mall to have a food court and shit. :partydance:

BOOWY
17 Jul 2008, 03:44pm
It'd be a great idea. I love those type of building or city maps.

This reminds me of that 360 game where you were some photographer stuck in a mall and had to use chainsaws and crap to get out. I forget what that game was called. Anyways , I'll help as much as I can , would be nice for the mall to have a food court and shit. :partydance:

Dead Rising.

Mammal
19 Jul 2008, 04:17am
mke it wit atix_panic feel, so u barricade n then vents open from shops or doors and stuff.

*Queen VenomousFate*
19 Jul 2008, 05:04am
Good Luck With Your Request, I Have Been Begging For Anyone To Make A Ship Escape For Months And No One Has Yet :(

ATIX
26 Jul 2008, 05:37pm
Remember my atix panic map? it was a test map for the mall concept escape thru vents, I was working with a friend of mine trying to do zm_mall but ended up being a big huge map that didn't work out. The problem was It was just to damn big and the architecture didn't work out for my escape idea, so I took my own way and decided to do a small mall map that has been sitting in my harddrive for ever, but never had time to finish it up due to other projects such as (considering redoing heli2 instead of a new map experimentation) beta2 of my retouched dust2_xt, extinction to public release touch up and 1 other test project map with vehicles...
So as you can see the idea was there... long ago but I'll try to hurry my ass up by just trowing in the props and the entities to get a beta out for everyone since zombie mod was meant to be played atix style :laugh: (camping and escaping)
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/2959/mallescapeaz4.th.jpg (http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/2959/mallescapeaz4.jpg)

Suri
26 Jul 2008, 07:38pm
That looks awesome.

AppleShark
27 Jul 2008, 12:12pm
That screenshot really does look promising. Not only would the feeling of confinement make it a great map, I'm sure there could be several references to Dawn of the Dead/ Dead Rising played throughout. Ride-on lawnmower maybe? :p

Mammal
27 Jul 2008, 12:21pm
Well I loved panic but I could see it was a test and needed imporiving, could you also bring out a textured version of it (like not the purple and blue, give it a theme) and mabye a story line (not just a massive building with a fence around it).
I love the map :)