PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista Alt-Tab effect

GrayFox
16 Jul 2008, 11:46am
When I don't move my mouse for a time of 5-60 seconds my window will minimize, which is espcially annoying if I'm in a game, because it will cause the game to minimize so I have to go back into it. Anyone ever had this problem / know how to fix it? I've had it for a couple months and don't know how to fix it. I'd try re-installing the Nvidia driver but I can't figure out how to uninstall it first. Anyone know anything?

Jaffa
16 Jul 2008, 11:52am
You can turn it off somewhere in vista. do you have a laptop?

GrayFox
16 Jul 2008, 11:54am
No, a self built computer. Its not that the windows like Firefox go small, just they grey out as if you click out of them.

juku
16 Jul 2008, 01:01pm
Still the same reason check your power options. Your driver uninstall should be at the remove programs in control panel. If all fails it is either faulty software or a virus. There is also the power supply if it is enough to mantain your computer and all. Is it a laptop?

*Queen VenomousFate*
16 Jul 2008, 05:00pm
When I don't move my mouse for a time of 5-60 seconds my window will minimize, which is espcially annoying if I'm in a game, because it will cause the game to minimize so I have to go back into it. Anyone ever had this problem / know how to fix it? I've had it for a couple months and don't know how to fix it. I'd try re-installing the Nvidia driver but I can't figure out how to uninstall it first. Anyone know anything?

I Never Got This Problem, Must Be A Setting You Put On.

Veggie
16 Jul 2008, 06:18pm
Could try updating your mouse driver and check mouse settings.

GrayFox
16 Jul 2008, 07:18pm
Could try updating your mouse driver and check mouse settings.

No way to update that driver :confused1:

Slavic
17 Jul 2008, 02:43am
1. Format hard drive
2. Put Windows XP disc in
3. Install Windows XP
4. ????????
5. Profit

Eldest
17 Jul 2008, 03:13am
1. Format hard drive
2. Put Windows XP disc in
3. Install Windows XP
4. ????????
5. Profit

QFT.

Too bad XP can't use 4GB RAM though :(

GrayFox
17 Jul 2008, 07:54am
Also too bad I have vista. If I do XP, do I have to reinstall every item in there? That might actually work though, because I have an external hard drive I could just move all my saved games onto and them move them back.

Danny G
17 Jul 2008, 07:56am
Windows XP is better than Vista. I think...

Leeder
17 Jul 2008, 07:59am
Windows XP is better than Vista. I think...

Yes definitely! :scared:

Vista takes up more space and 100x your RAM. I suppose it's ok because Vista supports more RAM, but then you also have to buy it.

Don't give in to the system!

Esta
17 Jul 2008, 09:27pm
Hmm, I have a self built PC as well, and am running vista.
I've never had this problem. System specs?
Vista updates?