PDA

View Full Version : Think we have it bad at the moment?

Italian Jew
16 Jul 2008, 09:36am
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7509715.stm

To be fair and honest the US and the rest of the world have a bit of a hand in this as well as their president. All they can do now is print off some more Monopoly money. :mellow:

LegalSmash
16 Jul 2008, 10:24am
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7509715.stm

To be fair and honest the US and the rest of the world have a bit of a hand in this as well as their president. All they can do now is print off some more Monopoly money. :mellow:

Nope. Not our fault. Africans are not capable of running a country the past 63 years has proven this... That whole area of the world was much better off under a colonial protectorate, british would have been best. (The french fail at colonization).

Their president is no different than any other warlord, except instead of a bone in his nose, he wears a suit and surrounds himself with teenagers with AK 47s.

Red
16 Jul 2008, 11:46am
Nope. Not our fault. Africans are not capable of running a country the past 63 years has proven this... That whole area of the world was much better off under a colonial protectorate, british would have been best. (The french fail at colonization).

Their president is no different than any other warlord, except instead of a bone in his nose, he wears a suit and surrounds himself with teenagers with AK 47s.

WRONG. Everything is our fault, always.

Italian Jew
16 Jul 2008, 01:39pm
The US and some European countries placed sanctions on the country hindering what little economy the country, so this means that we are in a way affecting their economy (even though I didn't say we are the sole reason, why do people jump to conlcusions?)

Also, the Cold War heavily influenced the way things were run in Africa over 60 years ago. The US and USSR were trying to increase their influence over the region while preventing the other form doing the same. This resulted in Third World countries that didn't want to be involved with the war, but being rather young as nations, many were still dependent on the old colonial country's economy. Many economies never became anything noticeable globally and the ones that accepted US or Soviet aid either lost it all when the Soviets lost or lost a severe amount because there was no further reason the US needed to be there. Also, the leaders that either the US or USSR backed were either pigheaded in one direction and their sole reason they rose to power was that they hated the other guy and wanted nothing to do with them.

I would say the US has had some serious influence in the region and is PART (not the entirety) of the reason why Africa is the way it is. Again, don't jump to conclusions (I don't even know why I try with Red sometimes :bored:).

I would say that the leadership in the region is not efficient in any way, but what can you do when all the people know is the man with the most guns wins. Yes, they were better off when they were under colonial supervision, but there is nothing you can really do about that in today's world. Many countries will feel miffed if Great Britain or France decided to cut back into ye olden days, not to mention all those kids running around with AK's.

Lux
16 Jul 2008, 01:45pm
Consider this. When Africa was colonised the country was from what I know completely tribal. They still have everything they had when they were savage cow blood drinkers, but more. It isn't our fault they had sex with monkeys and got aids, or whatever other diseases they have, and yeah we (more like Russians) gave them guns but if it wasn't guns it would be ak-47 inch spears.

PotshotPolka
16 Jul 2008, 03:18pm
I'm not sure that even dignifies a response...

It really doesn't, but why would you send Interpol? It's obvious CIA has cooked their asses in every operation we will never know about. :001_tongue:

LegalSmash
16 Jul 2008, 04:24pm
The US and some European countries placed sanctions on the country hindering what little economy the country, so this means that we are in a way affecting their economy (even though I didn't say we are the sole reason, why do people jump to conlcusions?)

Also, the Cold War heavily influenced the way things were run in Africa over 60 years ago. The US and USSR were trying to increase their influence over the region while preventing the other form doing the same. This resulted in Third World countries that didn't want to be involved with the war, but being rather young as nations, many were still dependent on the old colonial country's economy. Many economies never became anything noticeable globally and the ones that accepted US or Soviet aid either lost it all when the Soviets lost or lost a severe amount because there was no further reason the US needed to be there. Also, the leaders that either the US or USSR backed were either pigheaded in one direction and their sole reason they rose to power was that they hated the other guy and wanted nothing to do with them.

I would say the US has had some serious influence in the region and is PART (not the entirety) of the reason why Africa is the way it is. Again, don't jump to conclusions (I don't even know why I try with Red sometimes :bored:).

I would say that the leadership in the region is not efficient in any way, but what can you do when all the people know is the man with the most guns wins. Yes, they were better off when they were under colonial supervision, but there is nothing you can really do about that in today's world. Many countries will feel miffed if Great Britain or France decided to cut back into ye olden days, not to mention all those kids running around with AK's.

Translation:

Only relevant portion is in bold. Africa is a money hole, its a shitty used car, with bad transmission that my dad INSISTS on keeping rather than just getting rid of it and getting a new one.
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/0/0a/Bawwwww_bunny.jpg

*Queen VenomousFate*
16 Jul 2008, 04:50pm
WRONG. Everything is our fault, always.

Rofl, Every Time We Do Something The World Complains At Us, And Every Time We Stay Out Of It The World Complains That We Didn't Do Anything.

Random Fact: Gas Is 12 Cents Per Gallon In Venezuala.

Lux
16 Jul 2008, 06:59pm
I'm not sure that even dignifies a response...

Ok so it was a bit stupid....but atleast whilst we ruled over them there wasn't this much fighting, especially no genocide. Yeah we would exploit them a bit but itd still benefit them, a lot more than what they are now. Although I dunno, what they are now is the leftovers of a forgotten continent, colonised and then left behind. Maybe if they weren't colonised at all something different would of happened, maybe they would of eaten monkey brains together.

LegalSmash
16 Jul 2008, 07:32pm
Ok so it was a bit stupid....but atleast whilst we ruled over them there wasn't this much fighting, especially no genocide. Yeah we would exploit them a bit but itd still benefit them, a lot more than what they are now. Although I dunno, what they are now is the leftovers of a forgotten continent, colonised and then left behind. Maybe if they weren't colonised at all something different would of happened, maybe they would of eaten monkey brains together.

I doubt it, if they had not become exposed to western culture, nothing much would have happened. Consider that the berbers and moors in North Africa, Islamic, and throughout the early middle ages, pwning spain, did not a thing to help "africa" as we now consider it. This was because much like western culture did, it saw the people there as resources and cattle like savages rather than people.

I know it sounds god awful, and fucked up, but it was pretty much the case there. Western society dragged a small percentage of africans across the water... there were a lot more that carried on their ways, and it was not until colonization that they were exposed to non tribal governmental workings (couldnt think of another word).

Regardless, when Europe left Africa, Africa fell on its face, and its been there since, because much of the progress supposedly had there was at the direct effort of some euro group that was backing and paying for things there.

LegalSmash
17 Jul 2008, 09:27am
Chinese paternalism ....That is a totally disturbing contest, these little chinese dudes sitting with a giant african tribesman on their lap, reading them the little boy who cried wolf.

PotshotPolka
17 Jul 2008, 01:13pm
Too bad, we were just about to make a cure for superaids.

Slavic
17 Jul 2008, 04:02pm
The people in these countries have lived this way for decades since they were given power. It is going to be very rare for proper democratic process and social reforms to be instilled in these countries. The current method that the UN and other western countries are using to force political reforms isn't working, these people don't follow those systems.

What they need is a "benevolent" dictator. Model themselves after the Northern African states. Instill a strong and controlling executive system that is able to stop the constant regime shifts so that actual economic progress can be made instead of being torn apart when the next tribal leader coups the previous.

It is understandable that a dictatorship in such countries will most likely bring with it violence, but I believe that more violence is seen after each "democratic" election in these countries. With a single strong party in power the nation can grow economically, and with a growing capital, social and ethical reforms naturally take root.

*Queen VenomousFate*
17 Jul 2008, 04:14pm
Too bad, we were just about to make a cure for superaids.

OMG Superaids, Is That Like What Superman Would Get?

Repeat
18 Jul 2008, 07:25am
OMG Superaids, Is That Like What Superman Would Get?

Just a teaspoon of super-aids and you're dead in three months!

*Queen VenomousFate*
18 Jul 2008, 03:06pm
Just a teaspoon of super-aids and you're dead in three months!

Ooo Wow, I See, That Is Awefully Quick.