PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Jaffa
16 Jul 2008, 05:40am
I've had a bit of a problem recently playing cs:s. I can play escape I and II fine, but if i try to play any other server (even not one of ours) my internet crashes after a round or two.

This has only been an issue since i moved home at the end of June, so internet provider has changed, as has router.
My pc is pretty powerful, and i run vista.

Can anyone help?

Danny G
16 Jul 2008, 07:15am
Hmm... That is weird. I will try to find a solution for you.

GrayFox
16 Jul 2008, 08:44am
Check your firewalls and protection on Vista. It sometimes just decides a program isn't good and ends it.

juku
16 Jul 2008, 01:05pm
Hmm are you using wirelesss??? If you are then it is probably the packets not sending fast enough so the crash happens. I learned this when I played Sword of the new world.

GrayFox
16 Jul 2008, 01:17pm
My house has wireless but I still plug mine in just for a better overall connection

Jaffa
16 Jul 2008, 01:31pm
The only thing which has really changed since i moved house is the wireless connection, as its now a different router and isp. I don't see why the internet crashes for any server but escape though

GrayFox
16 Jul 2008, 01:35pm
Your wireless might not be able to handle it, are you joining completly full servers or empty ones?

Red
16 Jul 2008, 01:37pm
I used to have a gigantic piece of shit router that couldn't handle gaming on full servers + busy Ventrilo and roommates. It would just drop connection.

Maybe time for a new router?

Jaffa
16 Jul 2008, 04:15pm
Its my parents router unfortunatly.

But i'm not sure its about how much it can handle. I was just playing escape I with 40 people for over an hour (on laggy maps as well) and i had no issue, but if i try to go play breakfloor my internet crashes after a round

Haggard
16 Jul 2008, 04:20pm
Slower video cards have a hard time with breakfloor because of all the glass in the map. When the round ends all the glass has to be spawn/assemble. When I used to have a nvidia 6200 I would get connection problem for about 10 seconds before I could spawn. Since upgrading to my nvidia 8600gt I spawn without any wait or lag. Maybe?

Jaffa
16 Jul 2008, 04:31pm
think i've got nvidia 8800 gtx, so doubt its that. It isn't specifically breakfloor either, i've tried playing a different zombie server with a friend and my internet crashed, when i try play on deathrun or horde it crashes as well...

GrayFox
16 Jul 2008, 04:43pm
think i've got nvidia 8800 gtx, so doubt its that. It isn't specifically breakfloor either, i've tried playing a different zombie server with a friend and my internet crashed, when i try play on deathrun or horde it crashes as well...

I have that too I believe, and it must be your connection. Try going onto a smaller server or one thats closer to you.

Esta
17 Jul 2008, 09:29pm
Check your firewalls, and blocking settings ect.
Check the steam forums for specific, small problems like that though.
You'd be surprised, your bound to find a solution there, in the forum. Post that problem and you'll get loads of hits.