PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne, or some cheap imitation

GrayFox
13 Jul 2008, 07:59pm
Wtf is this?

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/150748/max-payne/videos/maxpain_trlrb_071108.html

Max Payne was about kicking bad guy ass, no flying monsters. How did they manage to screw it up, and cast Mark Walhburg, FTL! Seriously, this really makes me mad, how stupid it is. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Modgers1
13 Jul 2008, 08:20pm
Looks interesting...But I LOVED the original Max Payne. Cheezy storyline, but great gameplay. Reminded me of Duke Nukem. Wait, didn't 3DRealms design the game?

-Modgers

Danny G
13 Jul 2008, 10:06pm
Max Payne sucks.

BOOWY
13 Jul 2008, 10:55pm
Wow... out of all the game-to-movie adaptations that are coming, I thought Max Payne was the one franchise they couldn't screw up. Max Payne would have been perfect in a Sin City, film noir-esque action film. And again they cast someone completely ridiculous as the lead. Mark looks nothing like Max Payne, his appearance alone would throw the character completely out of whack because he looks like a guy you can't take seriously. It's like the fucking idiot they casted for the role of Hitman, he looks completely unfit for the part.

GrayFox
13 Jul 2008, 11:04pm
Max Payne sucks.

Do you ever leave a comment with more than one sentence? And Boowy, I completely agree with you, the guy in Hitman was way too skinny to play 47, not to mention the random love interest in there. Although I like how he denied her sexual advances by stabbing her in the next with a needle.

Italian Jew
13 Jul 2008, 11:40pm
Yeah, wtf did they do to it?

Making a movie out of a game should not be that hard. THE STORY IS ALREADY THERE! I don't know why the producers, writers, directors, etc. decide that changing the story will make it good. It is perfectly legit if they change a few MINOR things, but rewriting a new stroy is sort of a slap in the face to the fans of the game (especially if the new story blows).

Danny G
14 Jul 2008, 01:30am
Do you ever leave a comment with more than one sentence? And Boowy, I completely agree with you, the guy in Hitman was way too skinny to play 47, not to mention the random love interest in there. Although I like how he denied her sexual advances by stabbing her in the next with a needle.

Yeah sometimes if needed.:tongue_smilie:

Kalibre
14 Jul 2008, 01:57am
I think Hitman movie was ruined because of the love and sexual stuff in it i mean like isn't 47 supposed to be pretty ruthless? Also when all 4 of the hitmans were fighting i could barely tell the difference between them anyway. I've played 1 Maxpayne game and it was pretty good. But that movie looks shite.

LegalSmash
14 Jul 2008, 06:47am
dude, remember the super mario brothers movie? How badly that one went? Generally speaking, movies on games suck ass.

GrayFox
14 Jul 2008, 09:37am
Resident Evil 1 was alright, and I believe that the Silent Hill movie pulled itself through, but I haven't had the opperunity to check it out.