PDA

View Full Version : 2 situations involving "Racists"

Zargotelc
10 Jul 2008, 05:28am
Situation 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/education/2261307/Toddlers-who-dislike-spicy-food-racist%2C-say-report.html

Toddlers who dislike spicy food 'racist'
By Rosa Prince, Political Correspondent

Last Updated: 9:29AM BST 08/07/2008

Toddlers who turn their noses up at spicy food from overseas could be branded racists by a Government-sponsored agency.

The National Children's Bureau, which receives £12 million a year, mainly from Government funded organisations, has issued guidance to play leaders and nursery teachers advising them to be alert for racist incidents among youngsters in their care.

This could include a child of as young as three who says "yuk" in response to being served unfamiliar foreign food.

The guidance by the NCB is designed to draw attention to potentially-racist attitudes in youngsters from a young age.

It alerts playgroup leaders that even babies can not be ignored in the drive to root out prejudice as they can "recognise different people in their lives".

The 366-page guide for staff in charge of pre-school children, called Young Children and Racial Justice, warns: "Racist incidents among children in early years settings tend to be around name-calling, casual thoughtless comments and peer group relationships."

It advises nursery teachers to be on the alert for childish abuse such as: "blackie", "Pakis", "those people" or "they smell".

The guide goes on to warn that children might also "react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying 'yuk'".

Staff are told: "No racist incident should be ignored. When there is a clear racist incident, it is necessary to be specific in condemning the action."

Warning that failing to pick children up on their racist attitudes could instil prejudice, the NCB adds that if children "reveal negative attitudes, the lack of censure may indicate to the child that there is nothing unacceptable about such attitudes".

Nurseries are encouraged to report as many incidents as possible to their local council. The guide added: "Some people think that if a large number of racist incidents are reported, this will reflect badly on the institution. In fact, the opposite is the case."

Situation 2

http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/07/dallas-county-meeting-turns-ra.html

A special meeting about Dallas County traffic tickets turned tense and bizarre this afternoon.

County commissioners were discussing problems with the central collections office that is used to process traffic ticket payments and handle other paperwork normally done by the JP Courts.

Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a "white hole."

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

Mayfield shot back that it was a figure of speech and a science term. A black hole, according to Webster's, is perhaps "the invisible remains of a collapsed star, with an intense gravitational field from which neither light nor matter can escape."

Other county officials quickly interceded to break it up and get the meeting back on track. TV news cameras were rolling, after all.

Discuss.

SpikedRocker
10 Jul 2008, 05:37am
International customs and stuff is very tricky. Like somewhere in the middle east if you show someone the bottom of your foot, its like flippin them the bird. Its just our differences in views, you just have to learn these types of things before going otherwise you might be coming home without feet.

And as for the other thing, when I used to film city council meetings, I never had that happen, where they are all fighting. Crazy now how people get easily offended. I'm sure there was some "pre-tension" to the situation but still that was a minor and very 'hand-picked' thing to blow up about.

Lux
10 Jul 2008, 06:02am
Firstly....

Why is a child racist because he doesn't like spicy foods? I don't like spicy foods, I don't even like pizza, but it doesn't mean I despire Italian and other foreign people. They need to think that over a bit, and also look at the opposite, where others are racist towards us.

Secondly...

Its called a black hole, why make a fuss of it? Obviously he is retarded and doesn't know the meaning of a black hole, and anything to do with the colour black is racial. Next thing saying its a white Christmas will be racist.

SpikedRocker
10 Jul 2008, 06:52am
I don't even like pizza,

BLASPHEMY! You shall be bludgeoned to death by big freakin rocks!

Zargotelc
10 Jul 2008, 07:02am
The only pizza that I don't like is Four cheese pizza , what's the use of putting a bunch of cheeses on pizza without actual toppings such as meat :drool:

LegalSmash
10 Jul 2008, 07:11am
LMAO. Those are ridiculous. If I don't like curry then I don't like fucking curry, it's not racism.

Political correctness is complete fucking bullshit.

That man had every right to defend himself. To be quite honest, I'd expect that man to have a pay cut or even fired for a) interrupting him and b) being so stupid he said black hole should be changed to white hole.

The fact is that PC has got to a point where people are resistant to defend themselves when accused of racism. It's ridiculous.

Agreed. People need to deal with the fact that some people will forever be repugnant in some way shape or form to another group of people.

It does not necessarily mean that you are racist.

I think its irresponsible to have 9 bastard children and pass the tab to the state.
I can't fucking STAND kimchee, it doesnt mean I hate Koreans for that reason

I HATE waiting in line at the supermarket while some religiously minded 'tard bitches about the lack of halal hotdogs, kosher cheeseburgers, or meatless steaks on Holy days. They have RELIGIOUS grocery stores for that.

There is a time, place, and manner for everything, and some personal things, like curry, kimchee, and curiously slaughtered animals should be left to those moments and not forced upon the public at large.

Britain, grow some individuality balls! Being PC and submissive is very unbecoming of a stalwart island people I once really held high.

Repeat
10 Jul 2008, 07:27am
LMAO. Those are ridiculous. If I don't like curry then I don't like fucking curry, it's not racism.

Political correctness is complete fucking bullshit.

That man had every right to defend himself. To be quite honest, I'd expect that man to have a pay cut or even fired for a) interrupting him and b) being so stupid he said black hole should be changed to white hole.

The fact is that PC has got to a point where people are resistant to defend themselves when accused of racism. It's ridiculous.

Amen.

Omar
10 Jul 2008, 07:31am
Agreed. People need to deal with the fact that kosher cheeseburgers, or meatless steaks on Holy days. They have RELIGIOUS grocery stores for that.

is the halal hotdogs selled as hotdogs like in ready with ketchup and bread n stuff or just sousages.

Lux
10 Jul 2008, 12:52pm
Sadly, the only thing we can do about it is hope that we get a competent prime minister or let the BNP party win the next election. I think it's disgusting they're even allowed to be in the runnings.

I agree. Its not that I agree with the BNP entirely, but all the main parties are out there to make sure the "minority" (although in places near me I am the minority, a Brit!) are happy. The politicians are scared that if they don't support migrants they will be hated, but this is exactly why I hate them. Its no longer at a point where the migrants need more rights, its coming to a time where they have more rights.

LegalSmash
10 Jul 2008, 03:42pm
is the halal hotdogs selled as hotdogs like in ready with ketchup and bread n stuff or just sousages.

I'm not entirely sure how the halal food is packaged or what sort of halal they sell, I know that they have certain meat that carry a halal label, the man was very upset that the Safeway (a mid atlantic grocery chain) did not carry halal items past some beef and lamb, he wanted some such thing like hotdogs. Then he made a big deal that the grocery store carried a section of Kosher Jew food (matza ball package, hebrew nationals, etc.)

If it was an area with a large enough Muslim population, the grocery store would carry it, like in rockville, MD, but in Chevy chase, you barely have ANY. It makes no sense to take up shelf space for shit that does not sell. I do not expect them to carry boliche con papa, or ropa vieja, because there are like 10 Cubans in the ENTIRE city that I know of.

Slavic
10 Jul 2008, 05:05pm
I'm not entirely sure how the halal food is packaged or what sort of halal they sell, I know that they have certain meat that carry a halal label, the man was very upset that the Safeway (a mid atlantic grocery chain) did not carry halal items past some beef and lamb, he wanted some such thing like hotdogs. Then he made a big deal that the grocery store carried a section of Kosher Jew food (matza ball package, hebrew nationals, etc.)

If it was an area with a large enough Muslim population, the grocery store would carry it, like in rockville, MD, but in Chevy chase, you barely have ANY. It makes no sense to take up shelf space for shit that does not sell. I do not expect them to carry boliche con papa, or ropa vieja, because there are like 10 Cubans in the ENTIRE city that I know of.

you can't disenfranchise the Cubans you racist

LegalSmash
10 Jul 2008, 05:38pm
you can't disenfranchise the Cubans you racist

ROFL Im like ALAN KEYES SELF LOATHING
:rlol:

Lux
10 Jul 2008, 06:14pm
Well to be honest I don't really get the problem where Muslims are annoyed at lack of Halal food. One highstreet near is, has about 5 Halal butchers, 2 Indian restaurants, a National Halal Meat Association Centre (Wtf???) and 3 Indian groceries. So basically I don't really go down this road...I'm kinda upset because all the butchers that used to exist are now Halal, so I can't get any quality meat that the shops just didn't have :sad:

There was one story though....very stupid women who has Somalian. She was in a store infront of me in the line, and she had some coupons for fruit and veg, I think buy one get one free or something like that....so in her basket she has chocolate....crisps...all that junk, and she is trying to use the fruit and veg voucher. The cashier tells her she can't, and she starts shouting at him in Arabic. So I wait for about a minute, and after losing my patience I just tell her "MOVE ALREADY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT FRUITS AND VEGETABLES ARE??"....after trying to them pay for the food which amounted to about £20 with about £1 in small coins, she walked out with the items, and got in trouble with the security guard, and that was a whole new argument. The worse thing is, she probably doesn't even have a job, the benefit money they get for doing nothing is probably 10x what they got before, but its just pathetic...