PDA

View Full Version : D-Day Idea

Chêvouÿx
2 Jul 2008, 02:18pm
Here I am, posting this into the map forum like suggested.

You might get more responses if you ask in the map section of these forums , perhaps someone who maps can see your request and start working on it. I am a very amateur mapper and I couldn't even do most of the things you mentioned , but I'd help with the community project by finding pictures and things if necessary :laugh:

I've been thinking about this idea for awhile, so I wanted to post it here. Now, I think this idea would be cool for either deathrun, escape, or Napalm (which I have yet to play), but even "cooler" for escape (or possibly Napalm, I'm not sure). I'd do this myself, but I don't know how to use Source SDK for my life, and I'm too lazy to learn it since all my map-making skill have been donated to WC3 World-Editor. Oh, and exuse me for any bad grammar; I'm tired, my hands are shaky, and I'm trying to type all of this really fast.

For Escape:

What I'm thinking is that you'll make some obstacles and whatnot like in trap_escape that will make a bit more challenging. With that, you should also possibly put in some traps/obstacles that humans can take so they're not instantly killed. For example, in black_mesa_escape, you can close the airlock so the zombies have to knife they're away around through a little path in the wall. So, make something like falling rocks or something that causes zombies to detour around and take "the long route." Oh, and for the the machine stuff, maybe have the machine guns and fake snipers "throw" projectiles (that move slow enough so they're not too hard or easy to dodge) at whoever is running up the beach. After all, the aim for this map is utter chaos. And with projectiles coming for your face and zombies comign for you flesh, it'll be hella fun (assuming it'll be balanced enough to not be one-sided).

Anyways, start out people at the base of the beach. Try to put some realistic tank traps and trenches if you can :001_cool: as well as machine-guns in the bunkers (make them unuseable so humans can't use them against Zombies if they get to the bunkers first). Now, keep in mind, the following is just the "foundation" of this. Like before, you should little tid-bits of traps and whatnot along the path upto where you need to escape to. Anywho, once the humans get to the bunker, make a "5-second-to-gun-down" door so they won't be delayed and zombified, have them run up through stairs to the top of the bunker (btw, if you can, I know maps have this "background" that's like all over. If you could, try to make that "background" look like other bunkers on the map so it looks reasonably like "the real deal.") with some obstacles, of course, such as make a broken section in the stairs where the humans/zombies have to crouch-jump to continue or something like that. At the top, add some boxes at the entrance of the bunker (from the stairs) so people have to once more crouch-jump over them. Here, where German soldiers would normally be at the machine guns, have humans wait for 60 seconds while they hold off zombies. Once the 60 seconds is over, a door will open, the humans will run outside of the bunker, and make a mad dash for a big enough, non-glitchy jeep. Someone will click a button which will move the jeep in ten seconds after the button being pressed, and the jeep will drive the humans to safety as a big explosion (from a battleship bombing :laugh: ) kills all who wasn't in the jeep.

For deathrun:

The exact same thing as the escape version, but the Terrorists arm the traps "within" the bunker and the beach, more traps/obstacles in the bunker stairs (that the T will obviously srt off), no 60 second "hold-off" at the top of the bunker, and instead of a mad dash for a jeep, a cashe of shotguns and a teleport into wherever the Terrorists are will be behind the bunker.

For Napalm (which I'm assuming is basicly "normal" zombie mod but with "napalm" genades):

Like before, the exact samething as the escape version, but no traps/obstacles, escaping towards a jeep, 60 second "hold-off," etc. Basicly, there'll be more hiding areas where humans can barricade themselves into rather then run and escape.

---

I hope one of these versions, if not all or 2/3, will be made (praying it'll be done within at least 1-4 months). I think it's/they're (a) pretty cool idea(s), so I would be really "jumping up for joy" if this was made into a map, especially on an SG server.

Thanks for reading all of this, and best of wishes to y'all.

-Avro

killerkallerant
2 Jul 2008, 08:43pm
Hey, I think I can help you with this idea of yours. If you can be more precice on the inside of the bunker, I can make this.

Chêvouÿx
7 Jul 2008, 03:50pm
sorry for the late reply. I forgot about this topic :glare: *gets made at himself*

ok. First, I'd like to say, that you first need to imagine Wehrmacht soldiers operating the MGs in the bunkers so you know what direction(s) I mean. Now, you know how they'd be facing out into the beach? Well, the door would be behind them on their left. When I say behind them, not TOO far behind, like in the middle bewteen the windows where the MGs'll be, and where the door would be leading outside to the country (or to the jeep in the map's case).

Oh, and I'm assuming you're making the escape version.

Anyways, the description.

When you get to the top of the stairs, there will be a stack of boxes you'll need to crouch-jump over to get into the bunker. Make two rows so Humans cans hang out on the second row to bring down risk of getting stabbed by zombies. Also, make an alert/trigger on the map where, as soon as the first human/zombie gets into the bunker area, the 60 sec timer is activated (you know, where the door will open to the outside so the Humans can escape to the Jeep and "drive away to safety." The inside will be of gray stone (you've seen pictures of D-day Normandy I'm assuming) with a window wide enough for 2-3 MGs (to make it more realistic). The door to outside will be on the south side of the bunker.

Hope this helps.

killerkallerant
7 Jul 2008, 08:20pm
cool thanks! would you like the beach to accessable? *spelling*

Chêvouÿx
10 Jul 2008, 01:02pm
Um.. I'm assuming if you mean they can go onto the beach?

That's where they spawn :angry:

killerkallerant
10 Jul 2008, 08:17pm
cool. I have already started work on the bunker, it looks ok at best. I want to make it real nice.lol. ill post some pics soon

killerkallerant
13 Jul 2008, 06:01pm
update! 07-13-08

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g160/killerkallerant/ZM/th_f373f508.jpg (http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g160/killerkallerant/ZM/f373f508.jpg)
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g160/killerkallerant/ZM/th_a99a9e3d.jpg (http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g160/killerkallerant/ZM/a99a9e3d.jpg)
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g160/killerkallerant/ZM/th_7dca284e.jpg (http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g160/killerkallerant/ZM/7dca284e.jpg)

Here are pics of what i made the bunker to look like. Of course, in the actual bunker in the level will be much higher, adn look more authentic.

killerkallerant
13 Jul 2008, 06:01pm
Delete! DOUBLE POST!

Chêvouÿx
19 Jul 2008, 11:36am
Delete! DOUBLE POST!

Sorry for the late reply... again...

It looks cool :thumbup:

Might there be a way where you and I can contact one another more actively? Add my steam login: Lancelot56k

Chêvouÿx
13 Sep 2008, 10:16am
Uber bump? :sleep::glare:

Any progress in this idea or is it dead forever and ever :huh: