PDA

View Full Version : the simpsons

Irish Rebel
29 Jun 2008, 04:10pm
OMFG i cant believe that nobody made a thread about them yet!
well,i dont think i need to introduce em,right?
what do u think about it?
what r ur favorite slogans?

Lux
29 Jun 2008, 06:12pm
One of my favourite quotes is from the episode "Bart the Lover"

[Homer is building Santa's Little Helper's dog house and hits his thumb with the hammer]
Homer: "OW! That's....broken" [steps on a nail] "Fiddle-de-dee, that will require a tetanus shot. I'm not going to swear, but I am going to KICK THIS DOG HOUSE DOWN!"

I just couldn't stop laughing at this, even after seeing it for the 5th time. Which is the sad thing about the Simpsons...I've seen every one.

Irish Rebel
30 Jun 2008, 12:08am
One of my favourite quotes is from the episode "Bart the Lover"

[Homer is building Santa's Little Helper's dog house and hits his thumb with the hammer]
Homer: "OW! That's....broken" [steps on a nail] "Fiddle-de-dee, that will require a tetanus shot. I'm not going to swear, but I am going to KICK THIS DOG HOUSE DOWN!"

I just couldn't stop laughing at this, even after seeing it for the 5th time. Which is the sad thing about the Simpsons...I've seen every one.

ah poor u
luck for mee that i didnt watch em all yet!:laugh:
my favorite episode is "doggy heaven"
where the reporter wins all the win
and homer gets jealous and says
"well,theres one thing he cant win"
marge asks : "what?"
homer: "...... a dinosaur"

Zargotelc
30 Jun 2008, 05:35am
The newer episodes stink but the older episodes are hilarious

Karot
30 Jun 2008, 05:49am
personally i am not a fan, allthough the movie was pretty good. im in to more family guy, american and futrama

SpikedRocker
30 Jun 2008, 05:50am
The big part to their success is the show is frozen in time. No matter what goes on the simpsons will always be the same age. Viewers tend to not like change, at least thats what we notice here in the news tv business. We changed our whole look going to HD and people were pissed off and complained for months. Shows like the simpsons and family guy will always do well because they are not effected by time.

Irish Rebel
30 Jun 2008, 06:06am
The big part to their success is the show is frozen in time. No matter what goes on the simpsons will always be the same age. Viewers tend to not like change, at least thats what we notice here in the news tv business. We changed our whole look going to HD and people were pissed off and complained for months. Shows like the simpsons and family guy will always do well because they are not effected by time.

yea...but sometimes i wonder.
in the older episodes they were makin jokes bout reagan and clinton,now they are makin jokes about bush,obama and ... again clinton

SpikedRocker
30 Jun 2008, 06:11am
yea...but sometimes i wonder.
in the older episodes they were makin jokes bout reagan and clinton,now they are makin jokes about bush,obama and ... again clinton

Its just to keep up with current events and Matt Groening is very political. The characters themselves never change in age, the events surrounding them can change but the ideal frozen in time is no character ages. This is actually an animation/cartoon guideline, you never saw mickey mouse or looney toons get older and thats why they became such hits.

Huwajux
27 Jul 2008, 08:55am
Wow the Simpsons have made me laugh so hard at times.

Anyone seen the time a bird landed on Fat Tony's car and he says to his henchmen "You know what to do".

*Henchmen walk up to bird* "You're gonna be eating worms through a straw!" *Henchman crowd around bird and beat the shit out of it*

I found that funny because it was so harsh, lol.

Another funny time is when the Simpsons go to some eating festival (Can't remember the details) and someone out to get Homer fills an eclair with some explosives. Just as Homer is about to eat it Lisa shouts "No Dad! It's low in fat!", Homer screams and throws it away. The explosive eclair lands in Moleman's cooking pot and explodes.

Everyone gathers around where the explosion took place and Chief Wiggum says "Whoa, that was close. Thank GOD it landed in that smoking crater!"

Makes me laugh everytime! XD

Irish Rebel
27 Jul 2008, 10:19am
Wow the Simpsons have made me laugh so hard at times.

Anyone seen the time a bird landed on Fat Tony's car and he says to his henchmen "You know what to do".

*Henchmen walk up to bird* "You're gonna be eating worms through a straw!" *Henchman crowd around bird and beat the shit out of it*

I found that funny because it was so harsh, lol.

Another funny time is when the Simpsons go to some eating festival (Can't remember the details) and someone out to get Homer fills an eclair with some explosives. Just as Homer is about to eat it Lisa shouts "No Dad! It's low in fat!", Homer screams and throws it away. The explosive eclair lands in Moleman's cooking pot and explodes.

Everyone gathers around where the explosion took place and Chief Wiggum says "Whoa, that was close. Thank GOD it landed in that smoking crater!"

Makes me laugh everytime! XD

lol yea i remember that episode :D