PDA

View Full Version : arggh! can't take screenshots of racism!

Taylor
27 Jun 2008, 11:01am
hey everyone, today I found a player saying the N**** word, and I told him it was bannable, so he left, but I really wanted to report him, so I pressed F5(my scrrenshot button) and went to go see it, but, it never uploaded/saved:cursing: I tried to get it on counsel, but it did not work! can someone help me please!:scared:

p.s. I put this here because it seems logic to have it in the banning procedures...

SpikedRocker
27 Jun 2008, 11:20am
Check under your options....the keyboard tab...make sure F5 is your screenshot taker, possible it got unbound. Or bind it to a different key (if you pounded F5 so much you might have broke it..hehe..j/k) and see if that helps. Outside of that, might clean out the screenshots folder? And its also possible it didn't take the command right the first time I know in the heat of battle trying to take a screeny and it didn't work for some reason but worked other times.

Taylor
27 Jun 2008, 11:31am
heh thanks!:thumbup1::001_cool: i'll try to do that and check it out:thumbup1:

Ok it worked thanks!

but I have ALOT of screenshots of him saying it, but its kinda hard to see, so is there anyway I can upload/preview the pictures before I post them? any ideas/ (xample photobucket????) thanks!

Phoenix
27 Jun 2008, 01:17pm
i don't use the f5 key, usually i just print screen, stick it in paint, downsize it and save as new image =]

Taylor
27 Jun 2008, 02:18pm
ok I got all the screenshots attached the ONLY problem is, I can't find his steam ID :cursing:

He left as soon as he said the words! >:(

Shadowex3
27 Jun 2008, 02:51pm
Typing "screenshot" into the console with it open and hitting enter will take a screenshot of your screen with the console open. If someone drops an N bomb and leaves just scroll waaaaaaaay up because at the beginning of every map you get a Status printout (unless that's just me from an old bind or something)

BOOWY
27 Jun 2008, 03:24pm
i don't use the f5 key, usually i just print screen, stick it in paint, downsize it and save as new image =]

I used to do that. That works fine, the problem is when you want to take more than one at a time. :001_tongue:

EDIT: Oh and Taylor, to get a readout of Steam ID's, type 'status' in console. Generally when I see someone drop the N bomb I'll go to the console and type status immediately so that one screenshot can show both the Steam ID's of everyone on the server and the offending remarks. In fact, 'status' is probably bindable to a key.

.bN | G.G. Braddock
27 Jun 2008, 08:50pm
i hav da same problem as u

my f5 doesnt work that good, so i changed screenshot taking to f10 and thats better anyway cuz f10 cuts u off the game meanin it makes u quit, so if u substitute it with f5, there is no possibility that youll quit by pressin f10

and, if u want to see if u REALLY took a screenshot or not, press the screenshot button AND THEN go to console and see if it says somethin like "taken a screenshot at (time)"

for the uploading image site, i'd say www.imageshack.net

P.S dont check the boxes below the upload url and above the policy agreement box

Taylor
28 Jun 2008, 08:17pm
Lol! I tried man, but when he left, his Steam ID wasn't there:crying::cursing:

And Btw, I still have the info and screenshots, but I am at my fathers house, so I can't play CSS until tommorrow:crying:

And ALL of this happned on FRIDAY! would the ban still be able to strike even if I have to report this tommorrow/whenever he comes back on?:blushing::001_unsure:

Thanks for the help guys & girls Much appericated:biggrin::thumbup1:

P.S his name is FP SnooZe_^