PDA

View Full Version : Falling Rocks???

aja
24 Jun 2008, 06:47pm
I have falling rocks but the rocks have no physics so when they fall they fall like they were just on an elevator.

GrayFox
24 Jun 2008, 07:44pm
I have no idea what you mean by that, but if you want them to do damage, attach a damange shaped ball to the outside the rock, make it do 9999999999999999999 damage just to make sure.

SpikedRocker
25 Jun 2008, 03:02am
Yeah that would be hilarious if the damage delt by a huge freakin bolder did 99 dmg, pinned you and kept you alive. It would be survivor: counterstrike.

BOOWY
25 Jun 2008, 06:58am
Yeah I'm not sure what you mean either. For falling things I use prop_physics_override. That gives you complete control over the physics of any object. Some key properties when you choose prop_physics_override are: Mass Scale(where damage ends up coming from if falling rocks are to kill things, a value of 10000 kills things just fine and makes things heavy) and Health. prop_physics_override gives you quite a few flags to work with too, though none of them seem to be important in terms of falling rocks.

I've never had to use a damage ball, I've never heard of doing that actually. :confused1:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the way you place things affects their movement as well. If you place a large flat portion of the rock against a sloping wall it just might slide all the way down instead of rolling. I've never tried this, but keeping realistic physics in mind you'd probably want to place your rock so that when it drops on a sloped wall it lands on a curved part of the rock so it gets some rolling momentum in. I don't think this has anything to do with your problem... then again maybe it does, I dunno what your map looks like or what the part with the rocks in particular looks like.