PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] ze_citystorm

BOOWY
23 Jun 2008, 12:44pm
This is the map I'm working on. Right now they're two different maps but I'll eventually merge them. Because they're two different maps, they have two different skies and one is lit while the other is not. The outdoor sky is wrong, but it was what I wanted to use originally before discovering rain/thunder. The indoor sky in the screenshots I'm not sure if I want to use over the other night one, or maybe a custom one if someone knows a custom skybox set in the night with cloudy skies. I don't want to use the day time grey skies because then I feel like the map will be too grey when it's done. I'm pretty set on having rain and thunder in the map to have it be one of the things that makes this map unique to the ones that are currently around.

Screenshot uploads are in order from left to right.

I'll probably need to call on the aid of vehicle experts to get a chopper put in for the roof of the factory and for the "bullet" train to move, but that's not going to be for awhile, not all of the geometry is done for the map itself yet.

Psyche
27 Jun 2008, 12:02am
Looks good so far. What finish are you planning? Something generic like gas or a Nuke, or something else?

BOOWY
27 Jun 2008, 05:54pm
Likely a chopper flying over the roof of the factory with a short fly-by over the city before a nuke. I dunno about the fly-by part, I'm mortified over doing moving vehicles that change altitude and direction... thanks for that Jet Escape and the old school boatescape. :sneaky2:

The roof of the factory might end up being high enough so that the chopper will already be higher than all the other buildings. Dunno yet, depends on how geometry turns out. Seems like it at this point though. Maybe I'll put in a roof high enough so that the zombies have a last ditch effort attempting to jump onto the chopper from the roof of one of the buildings after it leaves.

killerkallerant
27 Jun 2008, 09:58pm
very nice man! its been a long time since ive been back on the Zombie Murder scene, but this is looking like its turning out pretty well. keep up the good work man!