PDA

View Full Version : AFK freeze on pb

Longwave
28 Jun 2015, 12:05pm
AFK Freeze. Should we prohibit this due to the AFK manager? People have been complaining about this a lot lately and im on the fence about it. Is there a way to increase the time of the AFK manager?

Paralyzed
28 Jun 2015, 12:18pm
If people are getting moved to spectator because of 'AFK Freeze' then that means either the AFK timer needs to be increased by a lot more, or the CT is simply shit at his job by not giving any new orders shortly afterwards, resulting into people being moved to spectator because they had to wait too long. I'd say we go with the first option though, increasing the timer should solve the problem to this. BoM Dirk Nuclear Onion

Longwave
28 Jun 2015, 12:30pm
I have seen rounds where a t rebels at the start and the AFK freeze is still in affect. I have gotten the AFK manager message a few times because they are killing a rebel or 2 depending on the map

mapper
28 Jun 2015, 01:40pm
Dunno about this. If you cant even move your mouse for over 20-30 seconds, then it kills your vibe to play. You need to able to actually do something, or why even bother playing? Ct could give this command in critical rebelling sutations for instance but I don't see why this should last longer than 10 seconds.

Longwave
28 Jun 2015, 02:40pm
Dunno about this. If you cant even move your mouse for over 20-30 seconds, then it kills your vibe to play. You need to able to actually do something, or why even bother playing? Ct could give this command in critical rebelling sutations for instance but I don't see why this should last longer than 10 seconds.

How can we enfore a 10 sec AFK freeze?

mapper
28 Jun 2015, 03:21pm
How can we enfore a 10 sec AFK freeze?
I don't know. But in my opinion it shouldn't be so frequently used.

BlackWhite
28 Jun 2015, 03:22pm
or we can use the afk freeze order where they have to look at something.

For example, "one step out, face the back of the cell, afk freeze", which we can let the ct know that they can look at the back wall while moving their mouse without looking at somewhere else.

Maxwelldon
28 Jun 2015, 08:39pm
or we can use the afk freeze order where they have to look at something.

For example, "one step out, face the back of the cell, afk freeze", which we can let the ct know that they can look at the back wall while moving their mouse without looking at somewhere else.

I've played quite frequently on PB recently and it really kills your vibe when CT(Guards) tell Ts(Prisoners) to AFK Freeze for whole round, just because couple folks rebelled.

In my honest opinion it would be reasonable to be used only at start of a round for a quick check if anyone is carrying "contraband" within a reasonable time.
Second, be allowed to move your mouse/take couple steps sideways so AFK Timer doesn't move you to spectate because we lose also players because of this issue.

Console
28 Jun 2015, 08:57pm
Actually AFK Freeze(long time)=Free killing, cuz there is a plugin called AFK Manager which would kill you and move you to spectator if you don't move for a period of time. I've told the CTs couple of times that Ts cannot do such thing like AFK Freeze and it turned out that they didn't listen to me.

Longwave
28 Jun 2015, 09:09pm
Actually AFK Freeze(long time)=Free killing, cuz there is a plugin called AFK Manager which would kill you and move you to spectator if you don't move for a period of time. I've told the CTs couple of times that Ts cannot do such thing like AFK Freeze and it turned out that they didn't listen to me.

Never looked at it like that before. I like that much.

BlackWhite
28 Jun 2015, 09:28pm
well, unless the ct let them afk freeze for a lot time and let t get killed by afk manager, then it's freekill.

but it should be still allowed for them to issue afk freeze

Wawa
28 Jun 2015, 10:55pm
I agree with Console here. If the AFK manager is about to kill someone for being afk during afk freeze, the CTs should be punished if they a) Do not give another order and the AFK manager moves someone to spec as a result and b) Shoot someone for moving to avoid being killed by the AFK manager. Like he said, it can be interpreted as freekilling.

And Paralyzed, the CTs are definitely shit at their job if the AFK manager is about to kill Ts for following afk freeze orders for too long.

Maxwelldon
29 Jun 2015, 01:08am
BlackWhite Wawa
What you think of what I said on the matter? Pretty much in a nutshell that AFK Freeze shouldn't be kept going on too long because it seems to have us losing players, which again affects the community on long run.

Wawa
29 Jun 2015, 03:38am
BlackWhite Wawa
What you think of what I said on the matter? Pretty much in a nutshell that AFK Freeze shouldn't be kept going on too long because it seems to have us losing players, which again affects the community on long run.

Your point pretty much coincides with how AFK freeze can be considered freekilling if kept going on for too long, since AFK manager will kill/move people who are afk. In other words, admins should be able to take action if AFK freeze is going on for too long.

harpo
29 Jun 2015, 05:15am
Bleh I feel like telling T's to afk freeze unless at the begininning of round is pointless in reality telling them to freeze should suffice if a ct wants them to stop but this mostly just applies to terrible/boring cts.

BlackWhite
29 Jun 2015, 09:05am
i don't think the afk manager should be taken off nor the afk freeze order. Because it's depends on how long is the ct want them to afk freeze. Afk manager move player to spectator in 1 min so unless the cts is really that incompetent to give order in 1 min still, if can count as freekilling.

You can tell them to let you move your mouse or order something else before the afk manager kicks in which will result as freekilling.

Elemental
29 Jun 2015, 10:46am
I've actually been forcing myself to stop giving the AFk freeze order, for several reasons, most of which mentioned in this thread.
It's boring for the Ts, and if a shit CT gives the order, he'll just stand there and watch the Ts, and if one of them as much as moves an inch they'll shoot him.
Imo, AFK-Freeze is a ridiculous order.

While being T, I often fight the order as well, saying my mouse is not part of my keyboard so why would I have to stop moving my mouse on AFk freeze?

So yeah, all in all, AFK-Freeze is ridiculous and we should just not use it at all.
If some randy uses it, just tell him whats up and ask him nicely if he'd use the normal freeze order instead.

Longwave
30 Jun 2015, 11:15am
I've actually been forcing myself to stop giving the AFk freeze order, for several reasons, most of which mentioned in this thread.
It's boring for the Ts, and if a shit CT gives the order, he'll just stand there and watch the Ts, and if one of them as much as moves an inch they'll shoot him.
Imo, AFK-Freeze is a ridiculous order.

While being T, I often fight the order as well, saying my mouse is not part of my keyboard so why would I have to stop moving my mouse on AFk freeze?

So yeah, all in all, AFK-Freeze is ridiculous and we should just not use it at all.
If some randy uses it, just tell him whats up and ask him nicely if he'd use the normal freeze order instead.

We all agree on this? No AFK Freeze?

Pyro
30 Jun 2015, 11:53am
1. AFK = Away From Keyboard.
2. Still allowed to use your mouse.(look around/knife)
3. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
4. Profit.

BlackWhite
30 Jun 2015, 12:17pm
3. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
4. Profit.

what i meant except if the ct said no knifing

BoM
30 Jun 2015, 12:20pm
A freeze order is essential to keeping order among chaos in certain maps. Im not going to restrict people from having the ability to keep order by PROPERLY using that order. It seems there needs to just be a clarification on a few rules here...

Let me mull this whole thread over and I'll get back to you guys

Nuclear Onion
5 Jul 2015, 12:53pm

I always thought this was what AFK freeze meant, since AFK manager won't be able to force you to spec since you are still moving around (right? if false you have the right to call me dumb)

I'll try should declare somewhere in the MOTD or !rules what exactly is defined as AFK freeze on our server specifically since it seems people are always on different pages/don't know what AFK even means. In my eyes, it should go this way (quote) in every situation unless the order is "Face the back of the cell and AFK freeze" since the order is to look that way only, there is really no reason for you to be spinning around or doing whatever, that order specifically is meant to do gun checks, since you can see if a prisoner has a gun holstered.

I wouldn't punish CTs for giving the order though, unless it's getting out of hand just tell them to give it less often.

- If a CT continually repeats orders, is that against the rules?
- Most of the time, this is going to occur when the T's are obliterating the CT's. If they constantly tell you (approx. 3+ times) to do the same thing, then it can become an issue. Just ask a different CT to give orders or ask an admin.

Going by this is the best option ^