PDA

View Full Version : Disabling respawn?

ReFLeX2025
28 Jun 2015, 11:54am
Is there a way to get rid of the spawn closure detected, disabling respawn thing in this server? One of the reasons i dont play it too much is because if i die i have to sit and wait for everyone else to die. I feel course servers shouldn't have deaths and it should just be constant play, no rounds.

Liam Brown
28 Jun 2015, 01:23pm
Most course maps have a spawn killer built-in to them that activates after a while, disabling the respawn after it activates just stops you from being in an endless loop of respawning then dying.

I'll have a look into disabling the map spawn killers without editing the map, it might not be possible though.

SilentGuns
28 Jun 2015, 03:41pm
I agree, spawnkillers are the fundemental flaw of course maps. You get to wait more than actually play and that is why I hate course.

Maxwelldon
28 Jun 2015, 08:46pm
Most course maps have a spawn killer built-in to them that activates after a while, disabling the respawn after it activates just stops you from being in an endless loop of respawning then dying.

I'll have a look into disabling the map spawn killers without editing the map, it might not be possible though.

Also check if you are able to disable the spawn area doors from closing. Some maps have the doors closing around the time that re-spawn is disabled.

Otherwise a sound idea and would sure make it more fun indeed.

ReFLeX2025
28 Jun 2015, 09:08pm
Even better adding on to that a checkpoint system would be amazing, andddd maybe just maybe turning it into a course/climb/bhop server :) orrr just bhop :)

Maxwelldon
29 Jun 2015, 01:13am
Even better adding on to that a checkpoint system would be amazing, andddd maybe just maybe turning it into a course/climb/bhop server :) orrr just bhop :)
I would more prefer to have the Bhop as a separate server because not everyone knows how to do it.

Checkpoint system for the course would be a nice option too.
Just a thought but could the checkpoint system be rigged to spawn you to your previous checkpoint (where you got on current round), instead of killing you on failure? :)

Paul
29 Jun 2015, 05:56am

It is, stripper:source.

ReFLeX2025
29 Jun 2015, 11:05am
I would more prefer to have the Bhop as a separate server because not everyone knows how to do it.

Checkpoint system for the course would be a nice option too.
Just a thought but could the checkpoint system be rigged to spawn you to your previous checkpoint (where you got on current round), instead of killing you on failure? :)

they would still have to deal with the disabling respawn because there would be that one person who doesn't know or forgets to set down a checkpoint and has to sit and wait until a new map starts because no one else would die and a new round wouldn't start so they could respawn