PDA

View Full Version : Should we have a system to save progress?

Maxwelldon
23 Jun 2015, 09:10pm
Ok, so I've played on Course server from time to time now and people there suggests that there should be save/load position so it would make practice on some parts easier. Also the overall game experience too.

Not tossing up a Poll about the matter yet but was just wondering what other people think about the matter. :)

Zsoki
23 Jun 2015, 09:14pm
That's the main reason I stopped playing on that server, I had one life, after that I got to sit on my fat butt and watch the pro players bhop around with their fancy pants.

R3TROATTACK
23 Jun 2015, 09:47pm
I don't see the harm in adding a checkpoint system if it isn't too hard to add in Liam Brown because I cant think of any reasons not to add it.

Liam Brown
23 Jun 2015, 11:02pm
I'm totally fine with adding a checkpoint system and any other suggestions people might have. How hard it will be to make depends on the kind of checkpoint system you want.

Are you talking about a system where you'd have a chat command that saves your position and when you die you respawn at that point? Or were you thinking more along the lines of set checkpoints on each map, kind of like stages in surf?

DarkJesture
23 Jun 2015, 11:13pm
I'm totally fine with adding a checkpoint system and any other suggestions people might have. How hard it will be to make depends on the kind of checkpoint system you want.

Are you talking about a system where you'd have a chat command that saves your position and when you die you respawn at that point? Or were you thinking more along the lines of set checkpoints on each map, kind of like stages in surf?

I think either or would be fine, as long as people can still respawn to a certain point even after the spawnzone is disabled

Offtopic: Damn congrats on CA liam for whenever you got it >.>

Maxwelldon
24 Jun 2015, 11:20am

Basic checkpoint system where you can store your progress by a simple command and then load it would do the trick. Of course, the checkpoints would be cleared out every map change so no one could cheat impossible times next time the maps are loaded.
I don't know about the death part though if there should be possibility to "respawn" when loading a checkpoint, just as I don't know if that resets the timer.