PDA

View Full Version : The mighty recommendations for the casual server

the mighty doge
9 Jun 2015, 07:21pm
Hurro, this is doge.

Lately, the casual server seems to be very popular at the moment. It's super fun playing de_dust2 24/7, it's almost always full and it's 128 tick, which is great.
But, there are evident issues that should be made to improve gameplay.

1- Remove the possibility to see or type enemy team's positions

This is the major issue with the server at the moment. It's very annoying and you don't even have a chance to clutch or win sometimes. In my case, when I try to clutch, people tends to ghost my position and I get magically shot in the head. It's the same thing for other players experiencing this problem. By removing this possibility, it would be fair for everyone and would reduce the number of ''this guy is hacking'' callout on the server.

2- Other maps should be added

I like to play de_dust2, but not everyone is me. We should probably try to put other maps on the casual server or create a new server for a specific map. It will bring more players to the server, that's for sure.

By fixing these issues, in my opinion, it would make the server better. What do you think, guys?

Unnamed Newbie
9 Jun 2015, 08:56pm
Hurro, this is doge.

Lately, the casual server seems to be very popular at the moment. It's super fun playing de_dust2 24/7, it's almost always full and it's 128 tick, which is great.
But, there are evident issues that should be made to improve gameplay.

1- Remove the possibility to see or type enemy team's positions

I fully agree with this. As an admin, there is only so much I can do. I gag, I mute, I warn, and yet people still ghost. Defintitely would be more worth it if you could either a) not spec the opposing team or b) revoke dead chat/voice. Maybe let Sub+ have that privilege. Then at least it wouldn't be abused. You could let the dead kids talk, but just not let the alive ones see.

This is the major issue with the server at the moment. It's very annoying and you don't even have a chance to clutch or win sometimes. In my case, when I try to clutch, people tends to ghost my position and I get magically shot in the head. It's the same thing for other players experiencing this problem. By removing this possibility, it would be fair for everyone and would reduce the number of ''this guy is hacking'' callout on the server.

2- Other maps should be added

I can get by this. I suggest just other active duty maps to test out the waters a bit, but that should be about it. As soon as we put in custom maps, some people might not like it as much. Nonetheless it might be worth a shot.

I like to play de_dust2, but not everyone is me. We should probably try to put other maps on the casual server or create a new server for a specific map. It will bring more players to the server, that's for sure.

By fixing these issues, in my opinion, it would make the server better. What do you think, guys?

sphinxxxy
10 Jun 2015, 02:02am
literally spent a good 1 or 2 hours on the server tonight, had these exact thoughts. Also I might add, for those of use who are pretty new to the game (I spend way too much time on SG servers that I don't play comp or do anything really) and don't know most of the maps, playing on the casual server is a good way to practice, explore and get to know the call-outs. So far, I really only know de_dust2 just because of the casual server, so it would really help if we had other maps???? I'm a noob and I feel like what i'm saying is silly but someone help?????????

:canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:

Black Rain
10 Jun 2015, 08:41am
I would say not only add the rest of active duty but maybe bloodhound operation maps as well since it's rare to see 128 tick servers with new maps and it would be fun to play those. Unless the vote system will be the regular one like on Valve servers, then I guess it's useless to add bloodhound ones.

Zsoki
10 Jun 2015, 09:47am
Please please PLEASE turn all talk off, no point talking in-game to help team out when other team can hear.

Rilex
10 Jun 2015, 12:44pm
All great ideas, i think this would definitely improve the server a ton. Especially now that it is full a majority of the time. I hate having to repeat myself every time i go in there and warn people about ghosting.

Zsoki
13 Jun 2015, 02:44pm
Another recommendation: make it a rule you can't switch back to your team when you get auto-balanced.

Wooper
13 Jun 2015, 10:43pm
Please please PLEASE turn all talk off, no point talking in-game to help team out when other team can hear.

Hey, yesterday I made soon friends in a casual because of all chat. 8 people all stopping warfare to come together in the zoo to read animal facts. in a time of despair because of valve's decisions, all chat gives us the hope and energy to move on. to remind us that we are playing a game. a game with animal facts about meerkat sex lives.

Eldest
14 Jun 2015, 01:36am
Would definitely like there to be other maps besides de_dust2. Not something small like Inferno, but something that would fit 10vs10, maybe Cobblestone, Season?

Zsoki
14 Jun 2015, 04:57pm
Hey, yesterday I made soon friends in a casual because of all chat. 8 people all stopping warfare to come together in the zoo to read animal facts. in a time of despair because of valve's decisions, all chat gives us the hope and energy to move on. to remind us that we are playing a game. a game with animal facts about meerkat sex lives.

Right... http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/37j8gm/so_i_successfully_convinced_a_game_full_of_people/

Wooper
14 Jun 2015, 07:56pm
Right... http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/37j8gm/so_i_successfully_convinced_a_game_full_of_people/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/25115303590225531/554F895EE11A198EF0CDDF881CDC1B8553ACC6E6/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/25115303590224589/403820F06966E7EC10ACA5F80AFAC73A769C4077/
u avin a giggle m8? our class field trip to the aquarium and zoo was great

Eldest
17 Jun 2015, 09:02am
So, how far are we with adding other maps? :P