PDA

View Full Version : Moar slots?

Elemental
7 Jun 2015, 01:59pm
So, PB has been full most nights lately, and I was wonderign if we couldn't get a few more player slots, perhaps up to 30 ?

Wawa
7 Jun 2015, 02:04pm
Just imagine a full 30/30 server with potentially 30 squeakers using their mic.

I'd rather be burned alive.

Anyways, I'm undecided if we need more slots on the server. 24 for PB seems like a lot already.

Neptune
7 Jun 2015, 02:18pm
No, 24 is a lot in itself.

Mudkip™
7 Jun 2015, 03:11pm
24 is what it's always been for pb, and when the server is full it is still overwhelming.

Lupin
7 Jun 2015, 03:14pm
Having a full 24 man PB server is already a shit hole 80% of the time. Plus the fact that there's barely any admins that actually play it and maintain it

Nuclear Onion
7 Jun 2015, 03:30pm
I would rather up the slots in ZE or MG before I even think about PB.
I'd also rather have only 10-15 little kids screaming in my ear rather than 20+

BoM
7 Jun 2015, 04:12pm
I would rather up the slots in ZE or MG before I even think about PB.
I'd also rather have only 10-15 little kids screaming in my ear rather than 20+

yeah what he said, discussions about increasing server slots have come up in the past....and have generally been shot down. There is just something comfy about 24 players, and uh changing it to like 30 or 32 just would make it too chaotic IMO.

We did have two PB servers for a while, and I am not suggesting that is an absolute solution, but it is something to consider if we do in fact have a lot more than 24 players looking to play PB.

Mandeemoo007
7 Jun 2015, 06:45pm
yeah what he said, discussions about increasing server slots have come up in the past....and have generally been shot down. There is just something comfy about 24 players, and uh changing it to like 30 or 32 just would make it too chaotic IMO.

We did have two PB servers for a while, and I am not suggesting that is an absolute solution, but it is something to consider if we do in fact have a lot more than 24 players looking to play PB.

The two server thing could be a possibility but we would need to see if the second server would be populated enough to not just be 5 players.

Tsuna
7 Jun 2015, 08:16pm
What everyone else said, it can get pretty hectic in there, adding more would be good I guess in terms of obviously it being so popular that we need it but as Bom said a second server if possible would be nice as well, but for now it seems fine :D

Toyz
7 Jun 2015, 08:30pm
please don't..... Y_Y

R3TROATTACK
8 Jun 2015, 03:36am
Well instead of making a new thread for this topic has their been any thought in to making ZE 64 slots again or MG 40 slots like back in css? Paul Pan32 Octa Bread

Punky
8 Jun 2015, 07:11am
Keep pb slots as it is, but since r3tro already started another thread in a thread - yes mg could have bit more slots, but i think ze can stay with the same amount.

Pan32
8 Jun 2015, 08:22am
Well instead of making a new thread for this topic has their been any thought in to making ZE 64 slots again or MG 40 slots like back in css? Paul Pan32 Octa Bread

ZE eats himself with 42 slots so not a really good idea. MG would be a good idea tho.

Vick
8 Jun 2015, 08:25am
Yeah, I feel like MG would be fine with some more slots. It definitely has the population to sustain some more players... Maybe up to 40, like Retro suggested.

Octa
8 Jun 2015, 08:31am
I wouldn't mind upping it. I'll try to talk to some people (bread, paul, the BDs) and see what I can do, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be a big deal

Paralyzed
8 Jun 2015, 08:32am
As for PB, two separate servers could possibly work, however adding more slots to the server than it currently has will only result into bigger chaos, as already mentioned by some of you. Increasing the slots for MG could definitely work, as Vick already mentioned; it has the population to sustain more players. And ZE, meh, I agree with Pan32 really, it's fine the way it is.

Caution
8 Jun 2015, 08:51am
I don't have an issue upping the slot count but I'd definitely let Paul decide that.

Bread
8 Jun 2015, 09:47am
I wouldn't mind upping it. I'll try to talk to some people (bread, paul, the BDs) and see what I can do, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be a big deal

Definitely sounds like a good idea to me.

Paul
8 Jun 2015, 10:36am
As for MG, I feel as though 32 slots is enough for the time being, especially while we have a lot of new faces (from all over the world) in the server it does get a little bit hectic right now. Once things calm down in a few weeks we can look at it again then.

Darnias
8 Jun 2015, 10:51am
As for PB, two separate servers could possibly work. I've seen few communities with two 20slot servers one for "kids" and second one for everyone else.

Bdcoll
8 Jun 2015, 11:43am
We wouldnt really be able to enforce a kid only server though. Nobody would play there to admin it.

Besides we dont really have an issue with kids. Any mic spam squeakers get muted but otherwise were very accepting.

BlackWhite
8 Jun 2015, 03:45pm
I've seen few communities with two 20slot servers one for "kids" and second one for everyone else.
I AM NOT GOING IN WITH KIDS SERVER