PDA

View Full Version : Jail Break Going Good

Bdcoll
30 May 2015, 01:10am
http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.150.121.119:27015/b_560_95_1.png (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.150.121.119:27015/)

Much like the thread over in the ZE section, I figured I would start one over here in JB as well. The server has really started to take off in regards to its rankings, going from below 1,400 a fortnight ago, to hovering around 750th right now. Its only an upwards trend from here on out :D

So thanks to everyone who has been playing on the server, both new and old, and lets hope for more good times to come for JB and SG!

Elemental
30 May 2015, 10:15am
Its definitely doing good in terms of activity, but imo it's become less and less fun ever since the new maps have been added (starting with the minecraftmap, spyvs spy and that terrible castle map)
Those maps are designed for servers with deathgames.
We cannot force deathgames, which means 90% of the time people will not want to play deathgames, making those maps extremely boring and useless to play.

Black Rain
30 May 2015, 10:26am
It's success is due to me yw :kappa:

The modern castle map got removed by nuc if I'm correct and I still didn't get to play spy vs spy even though I recommended it T.T

Nuclear Onion
30 May 2015, 10:30am
Its definitely doing good in terms of activity, but imo it's become less and less fun ever since the new maps have been added (starting with the minecraftmap, spyvs spy and that terrible castle map)
Those maps are designed for servers with deathgames.
We cannot force deathgames, which means 90% of the time people will not want to play deathgames, making those maps extremely boring and useless to play.
It's strange really because when I was thinking of adding spy vs spy a bunch of people were pretty much begging me to add it, some even thanking me afterwards. So I really don't know what is the word on it now.

Castle is off rotation (map stank) and minecraft is not bad. I look for new maps that have a bit less death games every now and then but I really can't find anything decent these days.

If anyone finds a decent map that we can try, feel free to post a map request.

Wawa
30 May 2015, 10:41am
Spy vs spy is now one of the most popular maps on JB. I definitely wouldn't say that people, myself included, do not think it's fun, even if you can't force deathgames. The trick is to persuade the T's to play the fun deathgames, such as dodgeball. No one likes to be duped into playing the same-old-shit deathgames like first reaction/last reaction and simon says.

Toyz
31 May 2015, 01:02am
Spy vs spy is now one of the most popular maps on JB. I definitely wouldn't say that people, myself included, do not think it's fun, even if you can't force deathgames. The trick is to persuade the T's to play the fun deathgames, such as dodgeball. No one likes to be duped into playing the same-old-shit deathgames like first reaction/last reaction and simon says.

I question their lack of manliness when they refuse a deathgame >=(

harpo
31 May 2015, 07:08am
Nice to see jailbreak is becoming a very active server and still lookin forward to it for a while

Wawa
2 Jun 2015, 11:11am
Ranked #588 now. It's only a matter of time since the server is more popular now.

mapper
2 Jun 2015, 11:55am
So since you're saying that maps based on deathgames are attracting more people, should we revise the rule of T's being able to abstain from deathgames?

Nuclear Onion
2 Jun 2015, 12:06pm
So since you're saying that maps based on deathgames are attracting more people, should we revise the rule of T's being able to abstain from deathgames?
the rules we have now seem to be working as it always has, not being forced to do death games and warning shots are what makes our server different from others and I think it's a good reason it has been getting so much attention.

BoM
2 Jun 2015, 12:23pm
No forced deathgames. Ever.

Lupin
3 Jun 2015, 12:40am
Unless the map literally kills you if you die, i don't see why CT's can't go like "go do climb" and don't kill anyone. Pretty sure the climb in the minecraft party map only TPs the winner out and doesn't kill anyone