PDA

View Full Version : My thoughs about "Death Games", "Baiting", and !Lr.

Contortionist
23 May 2015, 08:23pm
"Death Games" have been the core of jailbreak. I personally believe that they are rendered useless on this server, due to T's either NOT wanting to follow the order, or just to destroy motives of the person in command all together. These games are utilized to show off who the better terrorist is, and to reward them for it, and should not be optional. Especially considering that most maps are BY DEFAULT set up with "Death Games" all together.
Ex: "Jump rope, Basket Ball, Climb, Dodge"

"Baiting" also seems flawed in my eyes. Terrorists should not be killed of shot at for any reason for a baiting CT basically asking to be killed. It is the job for the CT's to preform their duties without being killed. But baiting stops this.
A fix in my eyes would be a simple command to drop the weapon after killing the idiot stupid enough to bait.
Ex: "Drop the weapon away from other T's and you will be pardoned."

"!Lr" should be a simple implication to the Jail Break server. !Lr Stands for "Last Request". This is awarded to the last (2) terrorist(s) and are simple games to compete to see who can humiliate who. LR plays such a big role in Jail Break. Custom !Lr's only satisfy players to an extent. and i believe it would help draw more people into actually listening to the person in charge.
Ex:"!lr"

Thanks for reading my thoughts of change. Please comment only constructive criticism, and not just your mild and vague input. Thanks.

Wawa
23 May 2015, 08:39pm
First off, I'd like to point out that you could have worded your topic to be more respectful to a community that you're new to. You just created your forum account today and most of the community does not know you, so getting on your soap box right off the bat isn't exactly the best introduction to the forums.

Back to topic, we do follow typical LR protocol, but do not have the plugin for it. Don't know if that's something being worked on or not.

5L4DE
23 May 2015, 08:50pm
Give a choice for Death Games is an interesting rule on a JB server. It forces the CT's to be more creative with their orders. However, this can possibly quickly bore T's if the CT's are not very creative with orders. In my opinion, T's should not be so quick to deny playing death games.

With baiting, it should be in effect, however, it is highly chaotic to to all CT's and the attacking T('s). Most CT's will react without second thought torwards the T that attacks a baiting CT. It is something that is difficult to watch for, but it can be changed and enforced with watchful eyes in-game. A command to drop the weapon should be used more often.

An "!LR" plugin can be implamented to the server. It would make things more interesting overall. However, if no plug-in is used, more options on maps themselves should be added. I.E.: Empy guns already near gun toss pits, ect.

That's my two cents, a bit difficult to type while getting shot at while rebelling. Cheers!

Prez
23 May 2015, 09:01pm
Please comment only constructive criticism, and not just your mild and vague input. Thanks.

I'll do what I want damnit!

That aside, baiting is sort of unpreventable but I see what you mean. On the other points, death games have never been a thing in the last 4-5 years at SG prison break but I sort of like doing deathgames, though I can understand the hostility towards it.

BoM
23 May 2015, 09:45pm
"Death Games" have been the core of jailbreak. I personally believe that they are rendered useless on this server, due to T's either NOT wanting to follow the order, or just to destroy motives of the person in command all together. These games are utilized to show off who the better terrorist is, and to reward them for it, and should not be optional. Especially considering that most maps are BY DEFAULT set up with "Death Games" all together.

Not having deathgames has been part of whats kept us apart from other servers, making it more about the killing and less about how good you are at these random deathgames. All in all the rule is not gonna change, its how we have had the server in CSS and now in CSGO, so yeah. While some people might not like the optional deathgame rule, there are a lot of people that do.

"Baiting" also seems flawed in my eyes. Terrorists should not be killed of shot at for any reason for a baiting CT basically asking to be killed. It is the job for the CT's to preform their duties without being killed. But baiting stops this.
A fix in my eyes would be a simple command to drop the weapon after killing the idiot stupid enough to bait.
Ex: "Drop the weapon away from other T's and you will be pardoned."

If someone is baiting that is against the rules and therefore punishable, so it can be dealt with by an admin. If a T decides to take it upon themselves to kill the CT they are in fact still rebelling, therefore are allowed to be killed. The CT will be punished accordingly, however the CT who killed the T can still be killed. I have seen CTs who do not kill the Ts in this situation, however I will not make it mandatory to not kill the T.

"!Lr" should be a simple implication to the Jail Break server. !Lr Stands for "Last Request". This is awarded to the last (2) terrorist(s) and are simple games to compete to see who can humiliate who. LR plays such a big role in Jail Break. Custom !Lr's only satisfy players to an extent. and i believe it would help draw more people into actually listening to the person in charge.
Ex:"!lr"

We tried the LR plugin, and honestly I wasn't a fan of it at all. It would allow Ts to force CTs to do the LR, as well as force all the conditions upon them. Overall If I tweaked enough settings it might be an okay thing to have on the server, however for now its not getting put back on.

Thanks for reading my thoughts of change. Please comment only constructive criticism, and not just your mild and vague input. Thanks.

Mandeemoo007
23 May 2015, 09:53pm
With the LR command, 90% of the time there never ends up being just 2 t's. Thats my lazy input. :-)

Drox
23 May 2015, 10:42pm

Once it doesn't become optional you pretty much kill your PB server. No T wants to be forced into a death game just so the bad CT's don't have to deal with those who didn't want to play. T's objective isn't to prove who is the best between them in death games but to eventually find a chance to rebel. You take the objective away when you force death games every round with no option to not do it. At that point you're just playing minigames in a PB server instead of actually playing PB, which is just stupid.

Whimsy
23 May 2015, 11:45pm
Rules will most likely stay the same when it comes to the pb, so it is naive to think that the server needs to be like all other pb servers. The suggestions are helpful but when you suggest these things you don't acknowledge that SG is différent than the rest. Plugins can really help out the server but I'm pretty sure there was multiple issues with the !lr plugin, hence why the pb server doesn't use it.

as'
27 May 2015, 09:43am
Thanks for stealing my title! :) JK. But I can understand where you are coming from. I came from a big long time JB community that did things a lot different. SG does a lot of things differently then most PB's but that is what makes it unique. There will be people who do not like it and wont play in the servers but they have put themselves in a unique place as the only "different" PB server and that caters to a big group of people who dont want the same JB that every server has. Its going to be futile for you to ask them to completely change how they do things as that is their niche. If you come up with some suggestions that better enhance the experience but still stick to the unique perspective of SG it might be better received.