PDA

View Full Version : A little something from myself.

Pan32
21 May 2015, 08:34pm
So, it pretty much is the first (and probably only) time I made this kind of thread, but I though I should so, here it goes.

Recently, ZE just broke into the world top5 of Global Offensive servers. This is by far beyond the expectations I had when I started this project about a year ago. Well, to be completely honest with you all, I didn't think this server would last more than a month or so and I was somewhat in doubt if all the work I was putting into it would pay off. Eventually I got a lot of support from many people from the community (Wicked, Jazz, Ripperz, SirScott, etc) and we started to create a pretty good playerbase.
Fast foward a few months, the dreadfull halloween update came out and caused the whole server to crash endlessly, in which the server emptied out and I completely froze for a few weeks as I saw a good chunk of my work go down the drain in that exact moment.
After I got the server back on its feet, with the fixes I was finding here and there, the server started to fill up again, and to my knoledge, it never really stop. Before I noticed we were on the top50. Then the top20. Then the top10. And now here we are.

"So why the hell did you just wrote these two stupid paragraphs describing something that we already know?". Simple reason is that I kinda want to thank everyone who's helped me directly or indirectly wether on testing the server, populating the server, cheer me up when ze decides to break in 10 different ways or simply for sticking around and have patience while I attempted to fix whatever I could fix to make the experience more enjoyable for you (players). Many people were congratulating me for the top5 but I own that rank for the people that stick around the server for countless hours wether to have fun or just to administrate it, and with that, I, again, thank you so much for it.

And no, this is not a step down thread, calm the fuck down Nuclear.

R3TROATTACK
21 May 2015, 08:40pm
Wait so your stepping down?

Nuclear Onion
21 May 2015, 08:41pm

I can only dream huh? :bird:

Zorg
21 May 2015, 08:41pm
So, it pretty much is the first (and probably only) time I made this kind of thread, but I though I should so, here it goes.

Recently, ZE just broke into the world top5 of Global Offensive servers. This is by far beyond the expectations I had when I started this project about a year ago. Well, to be completely honest with you all, I didn't think this server would last more than a month or so and I was somewhat in doubt if all the work I was putting into it would pay off. Eventually I got a lot of support from many people from the community (Wicked, Jazz, Ripperz, SirScott, etc) and we started to create a pretty good playerbase.
Fast foward a few months, the dreadfull halloween update came out and caused the whole server to crash endlessly, in which the server emptied out and I completely froze for a few weeks as I saw a good chunk of my work go down the drain in that exact moment.
After I got the server back on its feet, with the fixes I was finding here and there, the server started to fill up again, and to my knoledge, it never really stop. Before I noticed we were on the top50. Then the top20. Then the top10. And now here we are.

"So why the hell did you just wrote these two stupid paragraphs describing something that we already know?". Simple reason is that I kinda want to thank everyone who's helped me directly or indirectly wether on testing the server, populating the server, cheer me up when ze decides to break in 10 different ways or simply for sticking around and have patience while I attempted to fix whatever I could fix to make the experience more enjoyable for you (players). Many people were congratulating me for the top5 but I own that rank for the people that stick around the server for countless hours wether to have fun or just to administrate it, and with that, I, again, thank you so much for it.

WTF... STEPPING DOWN.... HOW COULD YOU DO THIS.
evun tho i luv u

Mandeemoo007
21 May 2015, 08:42pm
Thanks for bringing SG into the spotlight! And what motox used to say.................

Wooper
21 May 2015, 08:43pm
thank you for doing every other AO's job
ye

Motox
21 May 2015, 08:44pm
Thanks for the great stuff, pan!

Extreme Potatoes
21 May 2015, 08:45pm
You'll be missed buddy Pan32.

On a serious note, kudos to you for all of your hard work towards making the server more enjoyable.

Intelligence
21 May 2015, 08:47pm
No Pan, thank you :^)

Liam Brown
21 May 2015, 08:51pm
Thank you Pan (and the other staff) for all the hard work you've done.

Bread
21 May 2015, 08:52pm
+1 for Portugal

capp'n
21 May 2015, 09:01pm
pan you were such a good friend man! whyd you have to go! :'( tears are being shed

Prez
21 May 2015, 09:23pm
Love you long time Ricardo, dank meme master

ShoieP
21 May 2015, 09:24pm
I'm not much of a ZE player but, it's good to see the server do so well.

Nuclear Onion
21 May 2015, 10:58pm
In all seriousness to this thread (that I clearly didn't derail at first), I would like to say something as well;

This thread shouldn't be a thank you to us, but a big thank you to Pan32 himself. He puts his heart into this community everyday with all his work ethic, perseverance, and overall dedication. Despite being down with either a CS:GO update that happens to break just about everything, another fucking problem in ZE, or even some work he does for other servers on the side at times, he is always there to help out and do the job. I can't stress it enough to everyone how much he does for this place. He is the biggest reason we have a top server (IN THE FUCKING WORLD REMIND YOU) thanks to him for spending so much time coding plugins (somewhat) and fixing problems for the server you all know and love, despite not even being the biggest ZE fan.

You may just say "He's just doing his job Onion, wtf are you even writing this for you shitlord?" Well first off that's just mean, and second Pan has done way more than he is asked for (knowing this because I talk to him everyday). I'm changing this to a Pan32 appreciation thread, let us all rejoice for our O Glorioso Líder.

Thank you man for what all you have done and for what you will do in the future for SG.

Wooper
21 May 2015, 11:21pm
In all seriousness to this thread (that I clearly didn't derail at first), I would like to say something as well;

This thread shouldn't be a thank you to us, but a big thank you to Pan32 himself. He puts his heart into this community everyday with all his work ethic, perseverance, and overall dedication. Despite being down with either a CS:GO update that happens to break just about everything, another fucking problem in ZE, or even some work he does for other servers on the side at times, he is always there to help out and do the job. I can't stress it enough to everyone how much he does for this place. He is the biggest reason we have a top server (IN THE FUCKING WORLD REMIND YOU) thanks to him for spending so much time coding plugins (somewhat) and fixing problems for the server you all know and love, despite not even being the biggest ZE fan.

You may just say "He's just doing his job Onion, wtf are you even writing this for you shitlord?" Well first off that's just mean, and second Pan has done way more than he is asked for (knowing this because I talk to him everyday). I'm changing this to a Pan32 appreciation thread, let us all rejoice for our O Glorioso Líder.

Thank you man for what all you have done and for what you will do in the future for SG.

Pan is just a genuinely nice guy. He works hard to do and fix everything that is needed in his (and others') servers, and not because its his job or because he likes being in power (even tho he is still el Glorioso Líder), but so that us shitters can come together and play some vidya happily. Whether its unfucking up bugs or helping idiots like me understand how to use mods in Minecraft, he does it all so that everyone can just enjoy themselves. Staying up late and trying to topfrag over him in CSGO or watching him do Satanic rituals in Minecraft always leaves me happy. Hes simply a guy who wants to play videogames with his friends and doesn't mind being the one to do the work to make it happen. Thanks bruh and heil O Glorioso Líder.

Bdcoll
22 May 2015, 12:13am
As everyone else has said, thank you for all the effort that yourself, and also everyone else, has put in to drag the server into the top 5, even if at times we've probably comes across as little shites to you whining about a problem :P

Lets not stop at 5 though guys. Still an entire 3 numbers between us and where we want to get to!

Z3r0 M4ni4c
22 May 2015, 12:39am
As everyone else has said, thank you for all the effort that yourself, and also everyone else, has put in to drag the server into the top 5, even if at times we've probably comes across as little shites to you whining about a problem :P

Lets not stop at 5 though guys. Still an entire 3 numbers between us and where we want to get to!

This ^

I may not be around much as i used too, this is due to RL eating up all my free time i have left.
But i keep follow everybody that is supporting / fixing / populating or even making maps for ZE.

Even though pan32 doesn't like ZE that much as others do, he is doing one hell of a job keeping the server up and running.
All those updates from steam that breaks ZE every freaking time, all the complaining he has to hear that its down again.
I can imagine that sometimes pan would get tired of it, but thanks to others and his own, he kept going.
And look at what we accomplished now. We broke through the top5

I can only say, we can't thank Pan32 enough for all the work he did and does.
So Pan we the community, we all thank you for all the work you did and all the work you will do in the future.

can't we all just donate something to give him a little gift for the work he did?

Elemental
22 May 2015, 01:53am
He's just doing his job Onion, wtf are you even writing this for you shitlord?

In all srslyness tho.

All Hail Pan the Zombie God !
:hail: :hail: :hail:

R3TROATTACK
22 May 2015, 02:24am

I think you mean 4 numbers Bdcoll

RoverBot3
22 May 2015, 04:14am
Pan is a true epic memer for his work on ZE

Rilex
22 May 2015, 06:11am
You the real mvp Pan. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Punky
22 May 2015, 06:18am
Thanks mate ! Because of you SG is back in the game :D

Itch
22 May 2015, 09:06am
Tudo o que é bom neste mundo, envolve aqueles que falam PT.

Obrigado por tudo. Houve um tempo em que pensei que não jogaria mais zombie mod. E agora (mesmo que não tenho muito tempo) so jogo ZE.

Valeu!

Bethy
22 May 2015, 09:20am
omg a boi.

good job pan, hope no more updates come out that mess it all up!

Jazz
22 May 2015, 11:05am
The special thing about ZE is that its a new story every day and they can be good or bad, also that there are so many fucked up people on there.

But yeah good job everyone and +1 to pan for shouting out the community for their hard work. Without the crashes we would be number 1 imo.

Bdcoll
22 May 2015, 11:42am
I think you mean 4 numbers Bdcoll

R3TROATTACK

Nope. 4,3,2. These are the number in between.

xDoodles
22 May 2015, 03:50pm
Pastel De Nata for you.

Console
22 May 2015, 04:11pm
Thank you for your achievements to SG pan!

Zoom_Inn
22 May 2015, 06:50pm
SG has always been my number one ZE server, the zombie knockback makes it stand out from others. Great work Pan, I would marry you if i am a girl!:clap:

Spartan
23 May 2015, 07:00am
Where the fucks the T-rex models at Pan!??!

Mudkip™
23 May 2015, 09:23am
thanks for basically saving SG from dying! Great work pan :). Everybody appreciates at a lot.

WickedZealot
23 May 2015, 09:58am
That is one genuine post and thank you @Pan32 (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/member.php?u=12055) for all your hard work.

I remember your jumping in and getting things going, it had been a hard battle to get there and also I want to thank the other players in the community who helped then, were there in the past 2+ years when the CSS ZE when to hell but kept trying every single day (you know who you are). Without a solid team around Pan, we could not be here and so I respect that you rock with this post.

However a special mention must go to @Paul (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/member.php?u=641) for helping as well, before and in the last six months with ZE in adjusting & adding parts with Pan. The Pan + Paul gives us the Double P for Success. A community is like a wave, it starts small and layer by layer grows - this result to where we are at the Top 5 is down to all of you in this community playing every day and having fun. It's what SG is, built for and we now march forward to reclaim our #1 position we held for a long time in the CSS era.

Now get Spartan his T-Rex model and we will be rule them all!

P.s., I better thank the other feckers: Riperzz, Jazz, SirScott, Turtlefish, Paul, Onion, Bdcoll, Bread, Spartan, Vick, Zorg, Liam, R3tro, Paralyzed, SlientGuns, CrazySwede, Cookie Shark, Black Rain, xDoodles, Korean Ninja, Griffin, Punky, Nino, Malibu, Elemental, and sorry if I missed out on your name! But these guys all tried to help during the dark times and as started to get going again with ZE. Bow, you guys rule.

Zaraki
23 May 2015, 10:28am
We should thank you, not the way around :)
But people should stop taking this all for granted.

In what world are we living if not playing a videogame for more than 15 hours a week makes people say you're "inactive" or "not doing your job".
We should be grateful people are actually trustworthy enough to do all the work behind the scene without people checking everything they do and still have this amazing amount of servers who are deemed "better" than others.

We must be thanking our higher-up team (except Nuclear Onion, and yes Retroattack this is a joke) for doing their "job". They put in the hours, they receive nothing in return and they don't care about that.
That's unthinkable the moment you start working, working for free.. :p

A big shoutout to that bunch of nerds that are the pillar of this community, family, gangbang, or whatever you want to call this collection of persons.. Our collection of persons.
No SteamGamers without them :)

;)

Z3r0 M4ni4c
26 May 2015, 01:00am
That is one genuine post and thank you @Pan32 (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/member.php?u=12055) for all your hard work.

I remember your jumping in and getting things going, it had been a hard battle to get there and also I want to thank the other players in the community who helped then, were there in the past 2+ years when the CSS ZE when to hell but kept trying every single day (you know who you are). Without a solid team around Pan, we could not be here and so I respect that you rock with this post.

However a special mention must go to @Paul (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/member.php?u=641) for helping as well, before and in the last six months with ZE in adjusting & adding parts with Pan. The Pan + Paul gives us the Double P for Success. A community is like a wave, it starts small and layer by layer grows - this result to where we are at the Top 5 is down to all of you in this community playing every day and having fun. It's what SG is, built for and we now march forward to reclaim our #1 position we held for a long time in the CSS era.

Now get Spartan his T-Rex model and we will be rule them all!

P.s., I better thank the other feckers: Riperzz, Jazz, SirScott, Turtlefish, Paul, Onion, Bdcoll, Bread, Spartan, Vick, Zorg, Liam, R3tro, Paralyzed, SlientGuns, CrazySwede, Cookie Shark, Black Rain, xDoodles, Korean Ninja, Griffin, Punky, Nino, Malibu, Elemental, and sorry if I missed out on your name! But these guys all tried to help during the dark times and as started to get going again with ZE. Bow, you guys rule.

And you just forgot your drinking buddy WickedZealot :(

WickedZealot
26 May 2015, 10:44am
And you just forgot your drinking buddy @WickedZealot (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/member.php?u=9582) :(

Let's talk this over a pint

Leon
27 May 2015, 01:28am

oh.. okay :rip:

sphinxxxy
5 Jun 2015, 08:59am
a little late, but i just wanted to say that ZE was literally the only reason i ever stayed on CS:GO when i started playing in february/march. i never really understood the appeal in video games (really never played anything before this huhuhuhu) and i used to play on a few casual servers here and there but never ever thought i'd actually love playing the game. now here i am with 400+ hours racked up, about 350 of those hours dedicated to SG servers and i gotta say, you guys have honestly become part of my life and i'm really glad i found this community!

with that being said, PAN YOU ARE A HERO. every time something goes wrong on the servers, there are always complaints about it (sorry, i kinda do that), and there is always someone that replies "don't worry, Pan's on it", and it always makes me so happy, because i know that you're a reliable person to count on to fix things and that it will be resolved in no time. not to mention the help everyone else brings (i'm really sorry, i still don't know who does what, but you all know who you are and the work you contribute to this community <3)... anyways, you're all really great people and thank you for all the work you've done!

TL;DR -> i'm a lost kitty who is in awe at this community and its hardworking peoples. <3