PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts about "Deathgames"

as'
21 May 2015, 05:14pm
I have noticed lately that people seem to be a little confused about the optional deathgames rule (Even though Unknown Noob posted a great guide) I have been asked who wants to play a death game and then when I said "no" I was told ok well then you three are playing first reaction last reaction to get rid of you. Derp. It also seems that people dont know that simon says is considered a death game. Essentially every game is considered a death game unless its somehow modified to have a winner who dosent really get anything and then a big group of losers who get the same "reward" as the winner. For me personally, I think it is super fun to compete against the other T's on mazes and games of chance that could result in my untimely demise should I not be as skilled as my friends. Especially with the short time of the rounds there needs to be some weeding out of the T's. Theoretically I could say no to any game that was offered and just sit int he corner and live the whole time. What I have seen on some other servers that in my opinion to be a bit more fun and make the experience more challenging, are any "opinionated" games are optional. Meaning that any game that is not of chance or that automatically kills you when you lose (maze/deathrun) etc are optional. Examples include joke days, talent shows, etc. This to me would be much more fun as we will be able to do games each round and have fun and maybe get someone to LR each round. Again this is just my opinion. I think there needs to be a update in general about how the current rule stands (People need to actually read the rules/guide) and maybe a open dialogue about making a modification if a majority of people in the community agree with my opinion.

Crazy Swede
21 May 2015, 05:36pm
"Paragraphs". Ever heard of it?

Wawa
21 May 2015, 05:36pm
Was going to make a thread that touched on this topic. I see where your coming from and I'm in the same boat about deathgames. I like how you distinguished opinionated deathgames from map deathgames because opinionated would piss off a lot of people if they weren't optional.

BlackWhite
21 May 2015, 08:45pm
imo, any game that doesn't get the Ts kills is an order from the CT. If it involves killing Ts in a game, Ts should have the right to choose to play or deny to play.

In our server, CT doesn't kill the Ts easily; but in other server, the CTs can choose to order Ts to death. But most of the people just use the knowledge they know from other server and assume our server is the same

capp'n
21 May 2015, 08:59pm
fish in the barrel is my favourite deathgame

Elemental
22 May 2015, 01:48am
Personally, I find I can trim the crowd down plenty by hunting down rebellers.

Essentially every game is considered a death game unless its somehow modified to have a winner who dosent really get anything and then a big group of losers who get the same "reward" as the winner.
As to this I disagree.
Plenty times when noone wants to play a deathgame, I force the T's into a different game, in which losers will have to go to isolation, or some other dark and dank place to rethink their lives. And the winner(s) usually get a freeday, or some such.

as'
22 May 2015, 11:36am
In our server, CT doesn't kill the Ts easily; but in other server, the CTs can choose to order Ts to death. But most of the people just use the knowledge they know from other server and assume our server is the same

I was not intending to imply that I was ignoring the server rules of this community. Just that people seem to not completely understand what the rules are. Personally, I think its more "fun" when you have to hone your skills and fight for your survival against other T's that is sort of why there are all the games on the map. Just food for though.