PDA

View Full Version : Delete "Course timer" from server's name

Punky
15 May 2015, 06:48pm
So few minutes ago a randy joined and he thought this was a course server. Even in my opinion it looks like it was a course server, ofc it isn't. Most players already assume if a server has course maps on it will have a timer (duh), maybe that's why not that many people join.

Poll pls

BoM
15 May 2015, 06:54pm
So few minutes ago a randy joined and he thought this was a course server. Even in my opinion it looks like it was a course server, ofc it isn't. Most players already assume if a server has course maps on it will have a timer (duh), maybe that's why not that many people join.

Poll pls

This seems like something that would come along with actually removing course maps all together. If we have course maps people on SG who like those are gonna want a timer, literally only reason to give a crap half the time. I think it'd be overkill to have just a separate poll just for this, and overall confusing as to the decisions being made based on that.

Its a generally crucial feature of an MG server with course maps, so Idk I can see where you're coming from, but isn't it something we want to advertise? This just reinforces that a decision needs to made on the course vs normal map situation.

Vick
15 May 2015, 07:00pm
I agree, having"course timer" on the server's name makes it seem like it's a course server. Removing it would cause less confusion and could be appealing to the multigames people :p

I also miss the *FUNTASTIC* :cry:

BoM
15 May 2015, 07:02pm
I agree, having"course timer" on the server's name makes it seem like it's a course server. Removing it would cause less confusion and could be appealing to the multigames people :p

So ur making the argument to only appeal to the multigames people then.

Vick
15 May 2015, 07:12pm
So ur making the argument to only appeal to the multigames people then.

Not necessarily. At this point, if you have courses on a sever, many people expect there to be a timer (As Punky pointed out). You don't really need to advertise that in the actually name of the server.

Wawa
15 May 2015, 07:29pm
This is RTFM at it's finest. If you see "mini games" next to "course timer" and only expect to see course maps, we can't help your reading skills.

Punky
15 May 2015, 07:37pm
Even the most popular servers don't have that in name but just minigames, yet play only courses + courses are somehow mg, so minigames mean both multigames,fun maps & courses. The course timer makes the server more course oriented in players eyes

[wow intensifies] by tapatalk

Console
15 May 2015, 09:56pm
Well it would be better if they could delete spawn killer. :D

Bread
17 May 2015, 11:20am
I see both sides here but ultimately I agree with BoM and wawa. With the server's name being STEAMGAMERS.COM | MiniGames | Course Timer | Multigames | FastDL, I would imagine it being clear to most players that there are more than just courses on it :p

Had to be removed, wasn't enough space for it :[

Punky
17 May 2015, 11:54am
Replace timer with *Funtastic* then :D