PDA

View Full Version : New Member Monthly Giveaways

Wawa
13 May 2015, 01:05am
Not sure if this idea has been pitched yet, but I think it would be a great way to get to meet new faces and try to grow more familiar faces around the community. Every month, we can have a giveaway (CS:GO Skins?), and the ONLY qualifying participants have to meet the following criteria:

- Forum account must be less than 1 month old (verification needed to ensure it's legit)
- Must start an introduction thread in the "Introduce Yourself" section that isn't half-assed within the month
- Maybe enforce a minimum of 10 forum posts made within the month?

We can spread the word by adding a cfg to the servers to display a message about the giveaways. With Zombie Escape and Jail Break attracting LOTS of new faces on a daily basis, this will help retain and engage more players with the SteamGamers community.

Summer is coming, so now would be a great time to implement this!

Labarr
13 May 2015, 01:30am
Meh. seems way too precise to a group of people... and (atleast in my opinion) adding specific stuff like this turns our "community" into a "clan"... Maybe I am just talking out of my ass.. But it just doesnt seem easy/fair/worthwile ;3

BlackWhite
13 May 2015, 07:31am
We already have this Raffle as a giveaway on going tho, so i don't see a point for making another give away.

[RANT] WHY ARE THE TICKETS SO CHEAP AND THERE ARE ALMOST 3K TICKETS BEFORE HALF OF THE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zorg
13 May 2015, 07:49am
We already have this Raffle as a giveaway on going tho, so i don't see a point for making another give away.

[RANT] WHY ARE THE TICKETS SO CHEAP AND THERE ARE ALMOST 3K TICKETS BEFORE HALF OF THE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1 seriously though people just afk and get unlimited tickets :(

R3TROATTACK
13 May 2015, 09:24am
Well back to the topic, I agree with labarr the target group is too small + some months we hardly have anyone register lol

Wawa
13 May 2015, 09:51am
Well back to the topic, I agree with labarr the target group is too small + some months we hardly have anyone register lol

Registration is definitely lagging, which is why I came up with this suggestion. Really, the question is how do we give incentive for new people to register/join the community?