PDA

View Full Version : Server Restart Time

Wawa
9 May 2015, 09:44am
So I noticed that the time for CS:GO server restarts/reboots is currently 2AM EST every day. Now, I'm a late night player who is usually playing on the servers around this time, and I can tell you that as we get closer to Summer, the busier the servers are becoming overnight. The current server restart schedule is significantly affecting the amount of people connected before the restart versus after. For example, a couple of nights ago there were 40 people connected to the ZE server at 1:59 AM EST. After the server restarts, that number dwindled to 20 people connected. It's worse for Jailbreak because a server restart will essentially kill the server at 2AM.

Therefore, I'm suggesting that the time for server restarts/reboots gets pushed to a different time in the early morning. Perhaps 5AM or 6AM EST would be better since all servers tend to be empty/almost empty at this time.

Thank you!

Console
9 May 2015, 11:29am
Agree :D Change the restarting time would help keep the server alive, especially JB & MG.

Mandeemoo007
9 May 2015, 04:35pm
Yeah, I agree with this. I will be out of school in a month or so and most college kids are getting out now so the late night population will increase drastically.

Darnias
9 May 2015, 05:13pm
6am US time.

SpikedRocker
9 May 2015, 07:51pm
Didn't it used to be 4am EST?

Wawa
10 May 2015, 12:52am
Didn't it used to be 4am EST?

I remember it was always between 4am and 6am EST. Not sure when it became 2am.

SpikedRocker
13 May 2015, 07:38pm
The plugin has been removed for now as it has kind of become pointless since server crashes at least once a day.