PDA

View Full Version : Conservatives win majority - Miliband, Clegg and Farage resign

Frosty
8 May 2015, 11:05am
David Cameron has promised to lead a government for "one nation" and make "Great Britain greater" as he returned to Downing Street as prime minister.

Speaking outside No 10 after visiting Buckingham Palace, he said the UK was "on the brink of something special".

The Conservatives have 331 seats - five more than needed for a Commons majority - their first such victory since 1992.

Mr Cameron's rivals Ed Miliband, Nick Clegg and Nigel Farage have all resigned after election disappointment.

The Conservative leader is now beginning the process of putting together the new government. George Osborne has been reappointed as chancellor, Theresa May as home secretary, Philip Hammond as foreign secretary and Michael Fallon as defence secretary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32659720

fuck
shit
piss
cunt

Wawa
8 May 2015, 11:13am
aaaaaand here we go

Bdcoll
8 May 2015, 02:00pm
We can only hope a legitimate leader for Labour and Lib Dems emerge that is Pro-PR voting system, otherwise were fucked for even longer.

Dirk
8 May 2015, 09:17pm
moved to politics.

James
9 May 2015, 02:24am
Another 5 years of shite. RIP NHS

SilentGuns
9 May 2015, 03:31am
So............................who did you guys vote for?

Frosty
9 May 2015, 05:39am
So............................who did you guys vote for?

labour

James
9 May 2015, 06:38am
Labour for both national and local.

Turtlefiish
9 May 2015, 08:16am
Labour for national, Green for local. I live in a swing seat... well 'lived', the Conservatives extended the constituency boundariess to include more rural conservative areas. Meaning that the local Tory MP who is universally hated, even by the local tories, beat the genuinely good local Labour MP (who I voted for because of his local efforts, I actually dislike Labour nationally).