PDA

View Full Version : SG Scrim League

BlackEagle
13 Apr 2015, 10:25pm
Further details will be released later but we are working on getting this thing going. If you would like to sign up for the upcoming SG Scrim League then please reply in this thread. Also provide any suggestions or comments that you have about the upcoming system.

We have begun working on this but obviously we are not completed with the process yet. Once we get further down the road we will discuss some of the details.

PLEASE DO NOT VOTE YES IF YOU ARE NOT SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT PLAYING.

This is also not an official sign-up sheet we want to get a head count of people still interested in playing.

phantom153
13 Apr 2015, 10:32pm
id love to participate maybe offer small prizes for the finals and keep the ranks semi close together so that silvers arent getting stomped by dmg's and LEM's

Griffin
13 Apr 2015, 10:41pm
Sign me right the fuck up.

Prez
13 Apr 2015, 11:22pm
If any of you guys has suggestions on how we should structure it and other stuff like server details (if it should be different than official for example) and anything else you think of, please let us know! Fishey is also working on this with us too :D

Wawa
14 Apr 2015, 12:36am
I'm definitely interested, but the match/scrim times will be a factor for me due to my job.

My main suggestion is to not have too many teams once a player pool has been established. For example, if 30 people want to scrim, do not have 6 teams of 5 or 5 teams of 6. Instead, have 4 teams of 7-8. This will make scheduling scrims more flexible for teams instead of waiting for the stars to align for every single player on the team when it comes to time and date.

BlackEagle
14 Apr 2015, 08:59am
I'm definitely interested, but the match/scrim times will be a factor for me due to my job.

My main suggestion is to not have too many teams once a player pool has been established. For example, if 30 people want to scrim, do not have 6 teams of 5 or 5 teams of 6. Instead, have 4 teams of 7-8. This will make scheduling scrims more flexible for teams instead of waiting for the stars to align for every single player on the team when it comes to time and date.

This is something that will be considered. I am hoping that we have enough people to generate 6 teams along with 1 or 2 subs for each team. This would obviously be ideal but we would then need 42 people which would be a lot. However, CS:GO comp is extremely popular so I think we should generate a lot of interest.

Black Rain
14 Apr 2015, 09:29am
I DEMAND TO BE IN A TEAM WITH MY BFFL<3

Nuclear Onion
14 Apr 2015, 09:37am
I DEMAND TO BE IN A TEAM WITH MY BFFL<3
She wants a few D

MGs and a supreme on her team

Griffin
14 Apr 2015, 09:50am
Maybe i should have actually suggested something rather than just agreeing to join the scrim but yeah here we go,

What phantom had said, there should be a way to make it so that silvers aren't put up against supremes. If i remember correctly the last scrim had a system where
certain players had a (*) and this indicated that they were of high skill level and there couldn't be more than two * players on the same team, i'd like to see that system brought back.

I also saw that some of those * players were a team captain that could be good too.

want bffl on my team pls and thnx

BlackWhite
14 Apr 2015, 11:31am
We have ranks in csgo, maybe we can use that to balance out? and suprement can quece with silvers because of the differents XD

Zorg
14 Apr 2015, 12:32pm

griffin you are bad

BlackEagle
14 Apr 2015, 03:00pm
It isn't set in stone yet but the system is most likely going to be using a random team system in coordination with official CS:GO rankings. The teams will of course be determined in the most fair way possible. The division of players hasn't been completely determined yet but this is what we will most likely use. So yes, expect to use your cs:go rank to be where you are placed.

PingPong
14 Apr 2015, 10:19pm
Make the teams fair so there's no curbstomping otherwise people will get discouraged from joining/playing, make a thread in announcements to promote the league and get people joining, get some prizes and give aways for people participating, and last but not least try to make it organized so people get reminders of upcoming matches etc.

Also I'm in.

Game Freak
15 Apr 2015, 01:06am
Sounds good, few suggestions

1) use official matchmaking rules pls , no MM bs.
2) Fair teams is a must or this will crash and burn like last times.
3) get people interested, and make it somewhat casual because SG isnt a comp community and if you want participants you better get casual folk on board or i doubt you'll hit 40

Mudkip™
15 Apr 2015, 02:15pm
So yes, expect to use your cs:go rank to be where you are placed.

lmao i afk deranked from DMG to silver 1 sooo

Griffin
15 Apr 2015, 02:51pm

Doesn't work entirely like that.

El NIÑO (>^-^)>
15 Apr 2015, 06:09pm
eh im just going to bhop then 360 quickscope with the awp :o

BoM
15 Apr 2015, 06:30pm
eh im just going to bhop then 360 quickscope with the awp :o

FUCK YOUUUU

El NIÑO (>^-^)>
15 Apr 2015, 07:12pm
FUCK YOUUUU

IM IN! PUT ME IN COACH!!!!

Aznsoul
15 Apr 2015, 10:10pm
I'd be definitely up for this. The last one in CS:S was good fun :D

Any possible chance of having this occur in the Summer? Ya know cause of school. :P

BlackEagle
16 Apr 2015, 09:00am

Then we will stick you with the other DMGs.

Obviously we are going to put people where they are supposed to be. Others can attest to other peoples ranks. For example if someone I know is saying they are silver 2 when in fact they are a nova 4 then they will be placed in the nova 4 category. Not to mention if people are going to lie about their ranks for an SG Scrim league then they most likely won't be allowed to participate. This is supposed to be a fun event not a major championship.

So far here is the suggestion on how to determine the teams:

-Everyone will be placed randomly on a team.
-We will gather a list of all the players and ranks.
-Every player will be placed against one another according to the ranks. So in essence we are putting all the Nova 4's together, Nova 3's together, and so on...
-We will start at the top. For the examples sake we will say the top rank is a DMG.

Example:
6 Teams, 6 DMGs
Each team will randomly get 1 DMG

5 MG2s
Each team with the exception of 1 team will get an MG2. That final team that does not get the MG2 will get 2 of the next highest rank, most likely an MG1. This will occur down the line until everyone is randomly assigned to the teams.

Now a lot of people fluctuate as well. For example my rank varies from an MG1 sometimes to a DMG, I mainly stick around MG2. Ranks such as Nova 3 & 4, and Silvers 2-4 really don't vary much in skill. Same goes for MG1 & MG2, etc. Once you get higher up the rankings the bigger the gap in performance but really losing out on a Nova 4 on your team while everyone else has one shouldn't effect you that much if you receive 2 nova 3's.

The only other alternative that I have thought of is imposing a draft. We would list out everyones ranks and have captains. However, determining captains would be difficult and last time we had a draft it was an absolute nightmare.

Feel free to provide any other suggestions, like I said this is all still in the works.

As for the timing I think it would be nice to have multiple events like this so we could potentially start one soon and start another in the summer as well.

Banana Joe
16 Apr 2015, 09:06am
Could be fun to try although I'm not entirely sure if I'll have time for it. I've been trying to get a bit into the game since I miss shooting stuff lately

Griffin
16 Apr 2015, 11:38am
-We will start at the top. For the examples sake we will say the top rank is a DMG.
Example:
6 Teams, 6 DMGs
Each team will randomly get 1 DMG

What if there isn't enough DMGS to fill the six teams?

For example im SMFC(Supreme Master First Class) I'm not exactly sure that there are a lot of SMFC's in the community so how would that be worked out?
Less teams for SMFC?

Black Rain
16 Apr 2015, 12:35pm

For example im SMFC(Supreme Master First Class) I'm not exactly sure that there are a lot of SMFC's in the community so how would that be worked out?
Less teams for SMFC?

Shaddup bffl. We've already established you're on a team with me. Gawd

BoM
16 Apr 2015, 12:41pm

Less teams for SMFC?

Ur not allowed to play xd. No really though based on this shitlords system you wouldn't fit anywhere and just mess up any equality of teams.

There's barely enough people for DMG or even MGE/MG2. I told prez the same thing .

Most people are like stars and we have a lot of silvers

Elemental
16 Apr 2015, 12:54pm
Where would you put Unrankeds like me q.q

Octa
16 Apr 2015, 01:00pm
I barely play and I suck, so I may sit this one out. I haven't decided yet

Mudkip™
16 Apr 2015, 01:05pm
just put the people that are nutty with the excess amount of silver players we have to make it semi-balanced

BlackEagle
16 Apr 2015, 02:39pm
Again, as I mentioned the teams without the higher ranks will be compensated accordingly. Yes obviously if we have just one SMFC then the other teams will get the better players first before the SMFC receives their teammates. It is all going to depend on the ranks that we receive. If there is a huge gap then the system can be adjusted. However, it is hard to simply pull out every scenario when I don't know everyones ranks. It's not like I am 100% sticking to the system. Everything will be discussed and the teams will be made as fair as possible. Thus far I have not come up with nor heard any suggestions from others that provide a better way to distribute the teams. As I stated the only other alternative would be to implement a draft.

So far with 20 people that is 4 teams of 5. So obviously there are going to be gaps but at this time it is hard to tell without knowing everyones rank.

imhereforthescrimleague
16 Apr 2015, 06:06pm
I'll play. I used to be SMFC now I'm just LEM

DoubleSb
16 Apr 2015, 09:18pm
i dont play mm at all so where would that put me

phantom153
16 Apr 2015, 09:52pm
maybe assign numerical values to each rank then create a designated target value for each team so to distribute the teams more evenly

BlackEagle
16 Apr 2015, 10:04pm
maybe assign numerical values to each rank then create a designated target value for each team so to distribute the teams more evenly

Lol it's crazy that you said this because I was literally thinking of this tonight while I was in class.

phantom153
16 Apr 2015, 10:23pm
they say great minds think alike.

Prez
16 Apr 2015, 10:24pm
BoM brought up a good idea. Since there are so many ranks in the game and the gap is pretty huge (i.e. we have a lot of silvers and a few players near the top (like griffin) would skew the whole system). What about having two separate brackets, one for low-medium ranked players and one with the higher-tiered ones?

phantom153
16 Apr 2015, 10:30pm
the only thing is are there enough higher ranks to make enough teams for actual matches.

Griffin
16 Apr 2015, 10:57pm
the only thing is are there enough higher ranks to make enough teams for actual matches.

hm, wouldn't know until everyone that participates rank is put into account.

Fishey
17 Apr 2015, 08:32am

Nova 4

heartless
17 Apr 2015, 11:44am
i dont play mm at all so where would that put meYou should get a special rank called "Records fragvids vs bots"

DoubleSb
17 Apr 2015, 12:29pm
You should get a special rank called "Records fragvids vs bots"

i can't tell if ur autistic or have never ran into anyone that used BOT X in their names holy shit i dont even know who u r get off my dick

harro
17 Apr 2015, 02:59pm

You stopped playing, lost your rank, started playing again and kept losing games when your rank was invisible*.

If you lose rank and win about 50% of your games till it shows your rank again you usually keep your rank or become 1 lower.

Fishey
17 Apr 2015, 06:31pm
it takes 1 win to see your rank again

Mudkip™
17 Apr 2015, 07:49pm
You stopped playing, lost your rank, started playing again and kept losing games when your rank was invisible*.

If you lose rank and win about 50% of your games till it shows your rank again you usually keep your rank or become 1 lower.

What are you even attempting to say? I literally joined a steam group for afking to derank and i afked like 6 hours a day for a couple weeks.

Also like fishey said, it only takes 1 win to get your rank back, so what you're saying makes absolutely no sense.

PingPong
18 Apr 2015, 10:59pm
Gold Nova

harro
19 Apr 2015, 02:58am
What are you even attempting to say? I literally joined a steam group for afking to derank and i afked like 6 hours a day for a couple weeks.

Also like fishey said, it only takes 1 win to get your rank back, so what you're saying makes absolutely no sense.

Used to be different, haven't lost my rank since then.