PDA

View Full Version : Can an admin change the map to Frostdrake?

Micerule4
31 Mar 2015, 12:24am
Multiple players are currently attempting to summon an admin to change the map to Frostdrake. The summoning involved the teamkilling of the entire server, a sacrifice to take the blame, and the call to the mods. Please respond, no copy pasterino.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
31 Mar 2015, 01:14am
You can also try to add some admins in your steam friends list, feel free to add me anyway (Steamname= Z3r0 m4ni4c is S0ldi3r).
This way its easier to call for an admin to change the map or help/support in the server!
I'll try to find someone who is online to help you guys out but can't promise since i'm @ work

Punky
31 Mar 2015, 04:37am
First of all, teamkilling everyone just to "summon" an admin won't get you play frostdrake, as it is not the way to do it (by breaking the rules).
Secondly, sometimes admins won't agree on changing to frostdrake, simply because it can get overplayed (as it would be probably extended as much as possible, so the map would last over an 1h and not everyone is willing to play one map that long).Admins can make a vote, but it's still up to an admin if he will agree to the results (example: case 60% yes/40% no, most likely they will agree if you don't happen to meet an admin that hates this map :P) You also have to pick wisely when you want to play it (only once per day).
Lastly, just add some admins and ask them through steam. You can aswell add me here Punky #meow (http://steamcommunity.com/id/thepunkyrabbid).

Zaraki
31 Mar 2015, 11:16am
"Summon an admin"

Ayyy lmao

Bdcoll
31 Mar 2015, 11:37am
Did you guys sacrifice a knife to the altar of Bdcoll? That normally gets an admin to appear

Vy
31 Mar 2015, 11:53am
^ What he means by that

1. Add: xvytas on steam.
2. Send him knife
3. PM with the following: "plz tell bdcoll to get his fatass on ze"
4. ????
5. Might get the map changed to frostdrake.

ps no returns no guarantees no problemo

R3TROATTACK
31 Mar 2015, 11:57am
Did you guys sacrifice a knife to the altar of Bdcoll? That normally gets an admin to appear

I uhhhh... might've broke the altar uhhhh... sorry

Pan32
31 Mar 2015, 01:19pm
I should maybe add a new rule: if you start fucking around on the server to get an admin to change to frostdrake, you don't get frostdrake for a month and yes, its accumulative.

Bdcoll
31 Mar 2015, 01:26pm
In all seriousness though, perhaps we should consider putting Frostdrake on the main rotation now. Its played decently often anyways, and its not like people dont have any idea what they are doing anymore.

Pan32
31 Mar 2015, 02:46pm
In all seriousness though, perhaps we should consider putting Frostdrake on the main rotation now. Its played decently often anyways, and its not like people dont have any idea what they are doing anymore.

None of those are the reasons why it isn't on the main rotation, it's the simple fact that it will be overplayed intensively and people will attempt to find ways to even play it more (ie crash server to reset nominate counter), and eventually there's gonna be the people that only join for frostdrake and then leave and the server takes a dump on the population and people that enjoy all maps get fed up of only playing frostdrake and leave. Think of it as the same case as Mako on CSS.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
31 Mar 2015, 02:51pm
None of those are the reasons why it isn't on the main rotation, it's the simple fact that it will be overplayed intensively and people will attempt to find ways to even play it more (ie crash server to reset nominate counter), and eventually there's gonna be the people that only join for frostdrake and then leave and the server takes a dump on the population and people that enjoy all maps get fed up of only playing frostdrake and leave. Think of it as the same case as Mako on CSS.

gotta agree with pan on this one... if we keep it exclusively to admins to decide, it wouldnt be overplayed.
and we get to keep the population as it is now

Itch
31 Mar 2015, 02:55pm
Am I missing something... can't this map be nominated and voted for? If so what do you need an admin for?
If not I can understand asking an admin to change to it periodically.

Either way none of that excuses breaking the rules to "Summon an admin" if that's the strategy the admin summoned should be banning the rule breakers, not changing the map.

Nuclear Onion
31 Mar 2015, 03:09pm
Am I missing something... can't this map be nominated and voted for? If so what do you need an admin for?
If not I can understand asking an admin to change to it periodically.

Either way none of that excuses breaking the rules to "Summon an admin" if that's the strategy the admin summoned should be banning the rule breakers, not changing the map.

^

Zaraki
31 Mar 2015, 10:17pm
Risking to get banned to play a map..
This generation should grow a pair and try talking to people instead of playing the "action -> reaction" game.
And on top of that, they'll probably be the first ones to cry on the forums about getting banned..

Pan32
Organise a Frostdrake event. Give it to them 24 hours straight. The addiction clearly needs to be fed.

Vy
1 Apr 2015, 03:57am
Playing frostdrake too often is going to make the map boring, just like minas or mako on css.

You can always ask an admin to change to frostdrake, but don't start crying for it like some do.