PDA

View Full Version : Moo Moo Viking's Other Issues(please be detailed)

Moo Moo Viking
23 Mar 2015, 01:37pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Other If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Avast Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Corsair CX750M Power supply Please state your problem here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJa1uVUayEc

So the saem as in this video i get that Electric sound from my PSU when playing games i was wondering if it is a faulty device or something normal (Which i think not) and if i should go and return it?

Leon
23 Mar 2015, 01:48pm
The guy who posted this video never made an RMA and found no results to fix it. Since you got it recently, I'd return it and get another one or different brand. I never knew the PSU could make that noise o.O

People also face the annoying issue on Newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139051&cm_re=Corsair_CX750M-_-17-139-051-_-Product

Rilex
23 Mar 2015, 01:50pm
I've read around a bit on the Corsair CX750M. It seems a lot of people have the same coil whine issue. I don't have a solution to the issue, other than just dealing with it or get a different power supply if its not running properly. But returning it and thus receiving the new product and it end of having the same result might seem like a bit of a hassle. Long story short I don't think its faulty as much as it is just an annoying sound. But I could be wrong, I have not used a Corsair psu before.

Moo Moo Viking
23 Mar 2015, 02:08pm
I've read around a bit on the Corsair CX750M. It seems a lot of people have the same coil whine issue. I don't have a solution to the issue, other than just dealing with it or get a different power supply if its not running properly. But returning it and thus receiving the new product and it end of having the same result might seem like a bit of a hassle. Long story short I don't think its faulty as much as it is just an annoying sound. But I could be wrong, I have not used a Corsair psu before.

It is brand new, And it is loud when in games i have a fairly silent tower with noise canceling foam inside and is annoying, I will switch it out i think.

Rilex
23 Mar 2015, 02:15pm
It is brand new, And it is loud when in games i have a fairly silent tower with noise canceling foam inside and is annoying, I will switch it out i think.

Gotcha, so idling and out of game is fine though? Yeah, I mean it doesn't hurt to swap it out. I personally hate the hassle but keep us posted.

Moo Moo Viking
23 Mar 2015, 02:19pm
Gotcha, so idling and out of game is fine though? Yeah, I mean it doesn't hurt to swap it out. I personally hate the hassle but keep us posted.

Yea it only comes when i play games, like CS:GO ArmA 3, When i am on the desktop it will be fine, I am going to call the store and ask them about this, and see if they would swap it out for me.