PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Increasing Other Weapon(s) Ammo Counts

Hambo
22 Mar 2015, 02:39am
I've read around this forum board and I am unsure if anyone had suggested this before.
I was hoping that we can get an ammo count increase in almost all the other weapons, such as the M4a1 or the AK to increase their viability and allow players a wider variety to pick from instead of being a Negev spammer. If it is not possible, then that's okay too. I just wanted to bring this up due to my personal reason of being bored of the top 4 weapon picks.

The Negev is a great gun for holding zombies but it is probably the only viable weapon due to its high ammo count, stopping power, & high firing rate vs zombies when we compare it to every other gun. I know that this gun, in the hands of noobs, won't be of much help. But I just feel that an extra crappy Negev player can still do much more than an average P90 player.

P90 and PP-Bizon are the next go-to weapons in case the player gets bored of the Negev.
P90 has decent stopping power as an alternative but that is about it for that gun. The PP-Bizon is an excellent strafing weapon due to its 240 movement speed plus its quick reload time but it really lacks in stopping power.

The AWP can also be deadly when it is in the hands of an accurate marksman.
Because of their viability, the majority of players will keep picking a Negev, P90, PP-Bizon, or an AWP.

If an individual player keeps picking those same weapons over and over, they may be bound to get bored faster of playing on the ZE server (besides the usual same map selection). However, I am well aware that people will still pick those weapons even if there is a buff in other weapons. For the ones that like to be experimental, giving them an alternative will most likely keep their interest in this server since they would love to experiment with other guns besides the negev spam.

Personally speaking, I feel like the following guns should be tweaked to help promote a more adventurous environment for players and to reward those who are adventurous. If I did not comment on a weapon, it means that I did not try them out in ZE.

Pistols:
They are fine as it is. They're just used to maximize a player's speed and to backpedal.

------
SMGs:

Mac10 & MP9 - 60 Ammo Count - Reasoning: These guns have the same movement speed and reload as quick as a PP-Bizon but they are crappier in accuracy and also stopping power vs PP-Bizon.

MP7 - No comment. Have not tried.

UMP45 - 45 Ammo Count - Reasoning: This gun is extremely underrated for its stopping power but with a similar reload time of a P90. I would even dare say that this gun's stopping power is similar to the Negev. It is only the low firing rate that makes this gun not so viable.

P90 - 70 Ammo Count - Reasoning: Make it more viable. Encourage alternatives to Negevs. The reload time of the P90 is roughly 60-70% of a Negev.

PP-Bizon - 80 Ammo Count - Reasoning: It's just a slightly better version than a Mac10 or an MP9. We should make it slightly better. :^)

------
Rifles:

Galil & Famas - No comment. Have not tried.

AK47 & M4A4 - 45 or 50 Ammo Count - Reasoning: I'm sure a lot of people have always wanted to use these weapons viably in ZE. Stronger stopping power than PP-Bizon but I do not believe that they are as strong as an UMP45.

M4A1-S - 35 or 40 Ammo Count - Reasoning: I believe that the KB is stronger in this gun compared to the M4A4 and AK47. Plus, it's a lot easier to get more headshots due to the low recoil in this gun, which is why I figured that the ammo count should be lower vs AK or M4A4

SG 503 & AUG - No comment. Have not tried.

------
Shotguns:

Nova - 18 or 20 Ammo - Reasoning: Reloading is already a pain and the KB is questionable due to RNG with bullets.

XM1014 (Auto Shotty) - 14 Ammo - Reasoning: 7 Ammo can barely keep 1 zombie away. At least give the player a slightly better chance at it.

Sawed-Off - 14 Ammo - Reasoning: The KB is stronger in this gun than a lot of others.

MAG-7 - 10 Ammo - Reasoning: Quick reload for a shotty but still needs the ammo increase to keep 1 zombie away.

------
M249 - What is this weapon I don't even- >:^(
No. Just no. This weapon makes me cry in a corner at night. I have to rock myself back and forth for two hours before I can even sleep.

Thanks for reading! I know that the decision is in the hands of the higher ups but I just wanted to suggest this change.
If it isn't a welcomed change, then I understand. Everything I brought up is just a suggestion and not something to be set in stone since the suggested settings have not been tested.
Again, I brought this up since I want to encourage weapon diversity among players.

P.S. Sorry for any grammar/sentence fragment errors.

Vy
22 Mar 2015, 03:39am
I don't think increasing shotgun ammo is a good idea. Not sure about the rest, because it wasn't ever tested before.

Hambo
22 Mar 2015, 03:46am
The shotguns reload pretty slow though and they barely hold off one zombie. I do admit that the Nova and XM1014 increase is probably an overkill.
And yeah, it's why I'm suggesting the suggestions. Hopefully for a test run. :^)

Punky
22 Mar 2015, 05:46am
Not that bad idea tho, but needs some tweaking imo:

SMG:
mac10&mp9 = 40
ump = 30 -35
bizon = default
p90=default

Rifles:

m4a1 = 30
famas = 30
galil = default
ak = default
m4a4=default
sg553 & aug = default

Heavy:
All shotties = default
M249 = could be 150 as negev to make it bit more popular

Thing is rifles are fine but underrated smgs like ump could be way more useful if had 5-10 more bullets in a clip

And thats just my opinion on that

BlackWhite
22 Mar 2015, 09:32am
Well, the guns were suppose to be as real as possible. But increase the ammo ammount in clips is a big game changers. lets see if the AOs have some thing to say about this.

Pan32
22 Mar 2015, 10:09am
To be actually honest, I would be tempted to reduce the power of negev than increasing all the other ones. I do understand that the negev is quite op (damage value is already lowered since the start of the server) but leveling up all guns to the same level doesnt seem too much of a good idea. But then again, for me harder=better ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Punky
22 Mar 2015, 10:29am
Negev could be nerfed a bit, but the main concept of this thread is to give some creativity (let's say it like that) to people that get bored of typical wep rotation of p90,negev,awp (to those who prefer helping & defending). Also, the change of the clip size could possibly require a slight knockback lowering to even it out (even tho it's currently op)

Vy
22 Mar 2015, 10:39am
I doubt we'd ever beat frostdrake if the negev is nerfed :D

Hambo
22 Mar 2015, 11:24am
Punky; Yeah, that mac10 and mp9 really needs the buff since they're just mobile pea shooters that barely KBs. I would probably use the UMP or M4A1-S a lot more if it was buffed to have at least the same clip as the AK/M4.

BlackWhite; If it's for more realism, I can respect and understand that. :)
But I was hoping that the slight ammo increase would be treated as an extended clip mod like how some people would modify their real guns to have more ammo. xD

Pan32; I love taking on challenges too. :)
If the suggestion theoretically works out, it would lower the reliance on the Negev and allow us to use other guns that doesn't have as much stopping power as a Negev, but still give us a bit more of a fighting chance than we currently have if we use those guns. I mean, if there were 3 M4 users defending the lift, it would be a lot harder than 3 Negev users who would defend the same lift. The M4 still loses to the Negev in terms of firing rate, ammo count, and KB power.
Personally speaking, I gladly welcome a Negev nerf. :)
But if the Negev is going to get nerfed, there is a possibility that some players will become rather dissatisfied with said nerf and we may lose a few returning/active players. I just wanted to point this out as a possible con.

As Punky mentioned, getting creative with the underrated weapons will allow the active/loyal/returning player base to keep playing on the ZE servers even longer.
Plus, the more viable weapons we have, the higher the chances that the players will wean off of the Negev reliance. :)
In my opinion, I feel that it's a win win win!

I don't mind Punky's suggestion and would support that. :)

Darnias
22 Mar 2015, 12:07pm
MP7 would be great if it was same speed as a knife or like now are, pistols.

Vy
23 Mar 2015, 07:48am
Why not give elites 25-30 bullets? It would be a good competitor to the tec-9 that way :)

Hambo
23 Mar 2015, 01:10pm
Are we talking about elite pistols? Aren't those already 30 a clip? o.o

Vy
24 Mar 2015, 07:07am
Are we talking about elite pistols? Aren't those already 30 a clip? o.o

oh right

derp...

Elemental
24 Mar 2015, 07:21am
Why not give elites 25-30 bullets? It would be a good competitor to the tec-9 that way :)

imo, elites > tec9 anyday

Itch
24 Mar 2015, 09:39am
I would definitely like to see the negev nerfed a bit. It is OP and when you get 3 or 4 of them it ruins some of the maps.

I would also like to see a slight increase in ammo count for some of the SMG's, but not all weapons need it.

Paul
24 Mar 2015, 03:55pm
imo, elites > tec9 anyday

Elites had it's day in css, the tec9 is far superior to any other pistol in CS:GO for zombie mod, everyone should use it IMO. I use it as my primary weapon 80% of the time in most maps and it serves me well.