PDA

View Full Version : Change CS PB to Gmod PB ?

Elemental
11 Mar 2015, 06:57am
So, since forever, both the CSS and the CSGO JB servers have been all but empty.
I think many people agree when I say that PB right now is just a waste of space.

Now, I've been checking out gmod JB lately, and it's a good plugin and alota fun, maybe more than on CSS/CSGO.
There's alot of more features and alot more people playing it, it seems.
So, most of the servers I've been on are plagued by mic-spammers and trolls and most of those servers have vague or no rules at all preventing their servers being taken by these squeaker-trollfags.
We do.

I think a Gmod PB server would be a good choice and draw alot more people than CSS/CSGO PB.

The Gmod JB Mod:
https://scriptfodder.com/scripts/view/387

R3TROATTACK
11 Mar 2015, 07:04am
No pls, to much cancer I would die

BoM
11 Mar 2015, 07:07am
They're not empty. Csgo on is being rebuilt, css on got cut off. We already have two gmod servers, they both need work.....let's stick to those for now :p

ExRev
11 Mar 2015, 07:16am
Give me a PB server!

Elemental
11 Mar 2015, 07:16am
Fine, but when the CSGO one kicks the bucket again after rebuild, y'all better consider it :P

BoM
11 Mar 2015, 07:17am
Fine, but when the CSGO one kicks the bucket again after rebuild, y'all better consider it :P

with that attitude I wouldn't consider any of your suggestions TBH. :/

Elemental
11 Mar 2015, 07:29am
with that attitude I wouldn't consider any of your suggestions TBH. :/

Well, I want PB to succeed as much as the next guy, but I don't see what you guys could possibly change to CSGO PB that would make it more appealing to anyone.
It's been literately empty ever since it aired, I just don't have much faith in CSGO PB, is all

BoM
11 Mar 2015, 07:51am
Well, I want PB to succeed as much as the next guy, but I don't see what you guys could possibly change to CSGO PB that would make it more appealing to anyone.
It's been literately empty ever since it aired, I just don't have much faith in CSGO PB, is all

its been down for 6 months, It was put up probably over a year ago, when we weren't even in CSGO. Now we have things like ZE and MG, more of a foothold in CSGO. Not to mention the fact that its been tossed around among the AOs over and over, not much effort had gotten put into for a number of months. Maybe you pay attention to servers that aren't flashed around or basically thrown in your face, but most people here don't. PB hasn't been mentioned much in upwards of 6 months, and its been down or in limbo for just about as long.

With the server set up like ZE/MG and the right initial player base, CSGO PB can be a thing. There are a lot of people that would play PB from what I've seen, and I'm willing to put forth the effort to see that happen.

This whole switching around the servers all the time is what got us in a shitty spot in the first place. I've seen all these different Gmod suggestions when our servers that we already have still need work. Stick to what we already have, let me do my job and finish a server the way I feel it should be before trying to dismantle the whole thing.

Elemental
11 Mar 2015, 07:59am
This whole switching around the servers all the time is what got us in a shitty spot in the first place. I've seen all these different Gmod suggestions when our servers that we already have still need work. Stick to what we already have, let me do my job and finish a server the way I feel it should be before trying to dismantle the whole thing.

Alright, sounds good. Looking forward to PB either way :)

Black Rain
11 Mar 2015, 10:09am
I know this topic seems like discussion is over but I honestly honestly prefer to play jailbreak on cs:go than gmod. There's a different feel to gmod than cs and I didn't really like it when I tried gmod's pb. I would still be happy to help populate pb if we could. I know Newbie would would do it too

BlackEagle
11 Mar 2015, 11:09am
The next release of PB will be much better. The original CS:GO PB was just a mess, lots of bad maps, messed up skins, etc. Now that we have much more experienced AOs in the CS:GO department this release will be much cleaner. Not to mention that CS:GO has a massive population at the moment and we have seen what a good server can really do for this community after watching the growth of ZE. Not saying it will happen to that extent but if you compile a good working server on CS:GO people will play it for sure.

Ace™
11 Mar 2015, 02:53pm
The next release of PB will be much better. The original CS:GO PB was just a mess, lots of bad maps, messed up skins, etc. Now that we have much more experienced AOs in the CS:GO department this release will be much cleaner. Not to mention that CS:GO has a massive population at the moment and we have seen what a good server can really do for this community after watching the growth of ZE. Not saying it will happen to that extent but if you compile a good working server on CS:GO people will play it for sure.

Im looking forward to the server however i do believe that gmod JB could be a option in the future since it's a really nice and clean plugin that allows nice features inside the game.

Motox
11 Mar 2015, 03:33pm
The next release of PB will be much better. The original CS:GO PB was just a mess, lots of bad maps, messed up skins, etc.

I agree completely, the map choice on CS:GO PB wasn't a great experience, usually a bland port or just a small map altogether. Can't wait for the next rendition of PB, good luck on all who are working on it, and thanks!

eyy u thought i wasnt about to talk shit about ur maps beagle u wouldve

Extreme Potatoes
11 Mar 2015, 03:34pm
Garry's Mod doesn't run PB well at all, lmao.

BoM and Dirk are working on getting the CS:GO PB server up and running. I'd say we should see how that goes before we think about a different PB server. With BoM and Dirk being old PB regs, I'm confident they'll do a good job with the server.

BlackEagle
11 Mar 2015, 09:04pm
Im looking forward to the server however i do believe that gmod JB could be a option in the future since it's a really nice and clean plugin that allows nice features inside the game.

One of the other issues was that we were still in the CSS phase when the CSGO PB rolled out and so people were reluctant to make the change to CSGO at the time. Now that we have completely abandoned CSS entirely this will help our dramatically as well. Not to mention, if I am not mistaken the CSS PB server was still up at the time as well and kinda split people between the servers.

I agree completely, the map choice on CS:GO PB wasn't a great experience, usually a bland port or just a small map altogether. Can't wait for the next rendition of PB, good luck on all who are working on it, and thanks!

eyy u thought i wasnt about to talk shit about ur maps beagle u wouldve

You're so fuggin done bruh.

Spyder
11 Mar 2015, 09:07pm
beagle please for the love of god port your fucking map pl0x

Honestly 10/10 excited for PB to come back. BoM Dirk Prez maybe map testing on Friday? I'll continue to try to find nice ports of maps everyone liked and most likely some new ones that have surfaced so we have more than just space jail.

can someone edit those mentions, i cant figure that shit out :bird: :help:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mandeemoo007
11 Mar 2015, 09:10pm
beagle please for the love of god port your fucking map pl0x

Honestly 10/10 excited for PB to come back. BoM Dirk Prez maybe map testing on Friday? I'll continue to try to find nice ports of maps everyone liked and most likely some new ones that have surfaced so we have more than just space jail.

can someone edit those mentions, i cant figure that shit out :bird: :help:

I would like to join, if possible, maybe make it an event to get the hype up.

BlackEagle
11 Mar 2015, 10:23pm
Porting my map will take awhile but I'll most likely give beagle jail a shot.

Spyder
12 Mar 2015, 05:56am
Porting my map will take awhile but I'll most likely give beagle jail a shot.

you gonna give it a CSGO makeover?

BlackWhite
12 Mar 2015, 08:35am
Do we still have our old pb group?

vorter
12 Mar 2015, 09:08am
I played PB 24/7 back in 2010-2013 and would love to help set up the server and test maps if possible.

BlackEagle
12 Mar 2015, 11:30am
you gonna give it a CSGO makeover?

The first version will try to be a clean port then I might go from there.

Do we still have our old pb group?

There are two old PB groups that are still in existence, unfortunately they are both admined by people that are inactive so a new one will most likely be made soon.

I played PB 24/7 back in 2010-2013 and would love to help set up the server and test maps if possible.

Feel free to add some maps to the map suggestions we are trying to review some maps for the initial release then we will kinda decide which ones should stay/go.

Lucidgeek
2 May 2015, 02:12pm
Tons of people play on the JB server. Myself included.

Nuclear Onion
2 May 2015, 02:29pm
Tons of people play on the JB server. Myself included.

Yeah, this thread was made when the CSGO server was just established and we weren't sure if people were to like it. Obviously it's here to stay :D

Elemental
4 May 2015, 06:08pm
Yeah, this thread was made when the CSGO server was just established and we weren't sure if people were to like it. Obviously it's here to stay :D

Yeah this thread can be ignored lmao, I have bad ideas ;D