PDA

View Full Version : Why play LoL over DotA 2? *Serious Question*

Lucid
1 Mar 2015, 07:43pm
Just let it be known, I'm not trying to start a flame war comparing Dota 2 to LoL, but I just would like to know some reasons why everyone here seems to play LoL and not too many people play Dota 2 here.

Reasons I play Dota 2 over LoL:

-More active competitive scene
-Higher prize pool tournaments (TI4 had a prizepool of over 10 million)
-All the heroes/champions are free from the beginning
-The graphics are pretty awesome
-Rapidly growing playerbase that's not managed by Riot

This is a serious question and I would just like to know some reasons why you all stick with LoL.

Ganzta
1 Mar 2015, 08:17pm
My friends play LoL > I like playing games with my friends > I play LoL.

Probably the same logic with most people in the community.

Intelligence
1 Mar 2015, 08:24pm
>All of my friends play LoL
>I'm x100 more familiar with champions/items/abilities in LoL than I am in DotA
>Learning Curve is easier for LoL (apparently)
>No legions of Russians
>Sweet, Sweet Phreak
>And as of recent,
http://i.imgur.com/rSxX43Z.jpg

I play both, it's just none of my colleagues play DotA, so I have no real push to play, because it isn't as fun playing alone in my opinion. I either get flamed for not understanding enough or I get yelled at in Russian.

xDoodles
1 Mar 2015, 09:44pm
Garbage players on both games. Fin.

Itch
1 Mar 2015, 09:59pm
I felt gameplay and graphics were superior in dota2, but due to my RL w/kids, school, etc. I can't commit to the style of gameplay where I screw over my team if I have to leave mid round... so I stopped playing either.

They recently added pay for play features to DOTA2 in the last tournament that kind ruin the whole competitive side as well...

I've never been a fan of LoL I personally liked DOTA2 better, that being said most people will land in one camp or the other and most will go where their friends play. Either way you'll find that SG has groups that play both.

xDoodles
1 Mar 2015, 10:46pm
If I could change, I'd go back to Dota 2. Too far deep in League of Legends to turn back lel.

Octa
1 Mar 2015, 11:06pm
If I could change, I'd go back to Dota 2. Too far deep in League of Legends to turn back lel.

Pretty much this. I only every tried dota 2 once, and I ended up just going back to league to play with my friends

BoM
2 Mar 2015, 01:32am
Just let it be known, I'm not trying to start a flame war comparing Dota 2 to LoL, but I just would like to know some reasons why everyone here seems to play LoL and not too many people play Dota 2 here.

-Rapidly growing playerbase that's not managed by Riot
This is a serious question and I would just like to know some reasons why you all stick with LoL.

1. far from fact.
2. Who cares? not like you or anyone else here is gonna see that money. not sure why that should effect what game you choose to play.
3. Champ hype is real. people love paying for things that are new and look nice, fact. Lots of good deals too.[I'd rather pay for champs/skins than in game items, ffs] It also gives them more money for future development of champions.
4. Graphics equally as good and skins are UH-mazing + always improving because people unload their wallets to riot.
5. Leagues player base is bigger. "I don't like this game because its owned by the company of the game I don't like".....really?

Here's a few facts:
As of January 2014, over 67 million people play League of Legends per month, 27 million per day, and over 7.5 million concurrently during peak hours.

Dota 2 has become the most actively played game on Steam, with daily peaks of over 800,000 concurrent players.

League is the most watched game on Twitch virtually everyday for as I have bothered to look.[confirmed later when I bothered to google harder.]

http://gyazo.com/9776255b70685034b4659ca1967badb3
And its only gotten better.

Riots worth over half a billion, WITH A B, dollars. ~630 million as of 2013. [probably more now]

So here's why I like LoL more than Dota 2:
1. As everyone has said, all my friends play it.
2. It has more players, and a user friendly set up. Dota 2 does not.
3. It has more advertisement, more hype, its mainstream. I don't see Dota 2 as main stream.
4. It has a less competitive/try hard attitude to it. This allows for more players and a more fluid player base. In Dota 2 its like jumping into this awkward hardcore off the books game from day one.
5. Dota 2 is nothing more than another cash cow from our man Gabe at valve.
6. I find LoL to be more balanced, and less "this guy just one shot you"
7. Riot is a strong company with a clear directive, strong leadership structure, and great public recognition/exposure. More than I can say for valve.

Lets be honest here, we're comparing two evils, two MOBAs, both with downsides and upsides in the game and community. Myself and others simply choose to pick the more publicized game with more players and money[spent on expansion], not to mention a game that's been around for longer [I don't consider Dota 2 a continuation of Dota 1]. I don't find Dota 2 to be a contender in the MOBA world honestly, its the hardcore ugly stepsister to LoL and any other MOBA that tries to make it into the lime light.

Blizzards new MOBA might have the potential to stand up to LoL, who knows.

The only thing Dota 2 has going for it is that its "more competitive" and that it throws more money at its fucking tournaments. First off, the big teams on LoL make such an astronomical amount of money from sponsors if they become a big team, I don't think they give a fuck + they get TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES FOR A LIVING. Secondly the only reason that Dota 2 has that much money is because of these so called markets that Valve has put in all their fucking games, consisting of piss poor odds, double taxes, and excessively high priced items. Absolutely ridiculous if ask me, at least LoL skin prices are consistent.

ehhh I know you didn't wanna start a fight, but I despise Dota 2, and always find it funny when Dota 2 players wonder why the bigger, louder, and more mainstream game is the popular one....

Malibu
2 Mar 2015, 06:30am
http://img.pr0gramm.com/2014/10/19/d56929e168744c7e.jpg

Game Freak
2 Mar 2015, 12:51pm
ehhh I know you didn't wanna start a fight, but I despise Dota 2, and always find it funny when Dota 2 players wonder why the bigger, louder, and more mainstream game is the popular one....

I couldn't tell from the post. I don't think most dota2 players wonder that at all. Cod is more popular than CS, it's more friendly to noobs. Same with Dota.

Anyway to give the other side of the coin, i play dota2 because i find it a far more balanced competitive game. Which is to be expected from a game that has been out for 10+ years.

Fishey
2 Mar 2015, 12:54pm
because kennen

Mudkip™
2 Mar 2015, 12:58pm
why does it matter how much TI4's prize pool was lmao. Nobody here is ever going to even be in TI so who cares. Also, the league competitive scene is way bigger than dota's. I'd say probably about half the people who watch TI don't even know wtf they're looking at they just think it's fun to watch with friends. League is a far bigger game and you complaining that riot owns it makes absolutely no sense.

BoM
2 Mar 2015, 01:50pm
I don't think most dota2 players wonder that at all. Cod is more popular than CS, it's more friendly to noobs. Same with Dota.

Did i say that? no. Did he wonder that? yes. Have others I've seen question that? yes. Cod is only more popular because its on console too. If league is more friendly to noobs, then I guess I'd rather play with the noobs.

struki
2 Mar 2015, 02:35pm
Just let it be known, I'm not trying to start a flame war comparing Dota 2 to LoL

But what kind of an answer are you expecting? Nothing someone says will change your mind,you already know the reasons it is pointless to ask.

It's like me asking you why do you prefer Coke over Pepsi

phantom153
2 Mar 2015, 03:07pm
i play league because all my friends play league and ive played it to long and just cant adjust to Dota 2 even though ive tried.

Game Freak
2 Mar 2015, 03:21pm
Did i say that? no. Did he wonder that? yes. Have others I've seen question that? yes. Cod is only more popular because its on console too. If league is more friendly to noobs, then I guess I'd rather play with the noobs.

Thats a lot of questions but i'll answer by saying. Cod is more popular because it is very easy and appeases to a young audience, LoL is exactly like that very easy and everybody can understand whats happening. Ofcourse its more mainstream. I understand that you would prefer such a thing, not everybody has time to learn a game like Dota. to each their own.

XeNo
2 Mar 2015, 05:42pm
Thats a lot of questions but i'll answer by saying. Cod is more popular because it is very easy and appeases to a young audience, LoL is exactly like that very easy and everybody can understand whats happening. Ofcourse its more mainstream. I understand that you would prefer such a thing, not everybody has time to learn a game like Dota. to each their own.
This is actually inaccurate. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is more popular, it has a higher concurrent playerbase and viewed substantially more than Call of Duty.
http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/812569-counter-strike-global-offensive-now-popular-call-duty

TL;DR: Your arguments about more Dota2 being more challenging or skilled doesn't make it the better game, it's a pointless and rather ignorant remark.
======================
You guys are confusing with "More difficult" with "Better". Simply making something more difficult does not make it better than another game. I have played Flash games that I could never beat in my life that are basically pointless games, it doesn't mean they're better than League of Legends because of their level of difficulty.

For some, complexity is what makes Dota2 better, and therefore take an elitist stance of "My game is more challenging, therefore it is better". When in reality it is not. There have been many Reddit threads regarding Dota2 players going to League and playing it and saying how easy or dumbed down it is. I have yet to see a thread that says "High elo Dota2 player here, just got Challenger in a week" or anything of the sort. As far as I know, no Dota2 high elo player has even gotten to high Diamond and made a thread talking about it, they get to about Gold-Plat based off knowledge of MOBA's and understanding opponents, but don't climb higher due to lacking individual champion mechanics and playstyles. Unless they all literally just quit after playing for awhile and stay with Dota2.

A prime example is myself. A fair majority will say that CS:GO/CS:S is more challenging and difficult than CoD. I am rather good at CS, and I do pretty well at CoD, however I do substantially less well against opponents who are as competent at CoD as I am at CS, simply due to them having a deeper understanding of the game.

Wooper
2 Mar 2015, 08:49pm
There are many reasons that most people (me included) play League over Dota 2. For me it comes down to 3 things.

1. The controls and overall playability of the game feel so much better in League. LoL has a much stronger "battle arena" feel compared to Dota which feels more like a RTS. Being able to lock the screen to your player and only having to control your one champion makes you feel like you are actually playing as them instead of giving them commands. Also, I always feel much clunkier in Dota doing almost everything including movement and auto attacking.

2. Aesthetically the game is so much more pleasing to the player. The HUD doesn't take up half the screen and while technically the graphics in Dota might be "better" they don't actually look better. The colors and designs of the HUD, champions, map, etc all come together so much nicer in LoL. Also, I like the skin method of F2P better than the customization in Dota.

3. What will probably keep me from ever leaving League is the amazing community. Of course the player base is full of shitters like in all games, but there are so many great personalities that stream, play as pros, or act as casters/analysts. The pro league scene is much more enjoyable and feels more professional/sports-like than the Dota scene.

What we can't judge a game based off of are things like meaningless difficulties, ambiguities, and difficulty to get into. Because unless you wanna stare in the mirror jerking yourself off to how fucking 1337 you are that shit is just bullshit.

harro
3 Mar 2015, 01:55am
Although I do agree that CS:GO is much more popular than COD, it's kind of silly to use a statistic that's based on twitch when twitch is relatively new to console technology. (Also it is silly to say that DOTA2 players would make an announcement saying they got challenger/diamond in League considering a lot of top tier players moved over to League of Legends from DOTA1/HoN)

@GF
It's definitely true that DOTA 2 has a much higher learning curve than League. Any experienced DOTA2 player will most likely be able to step into League and get ranked Gold right off the bat. However, you have to understand that after getting past the hump of crappy players in both games, the difficulty levels out, because you are playing against people and not robots. For example I could say table tennis is an easy thing to learn, yet I won't be able to just pick it up and automatically go into the competitive scene.

@Everyone Else
That being said, I do prefer DOTA 2 to League of Legends, not because of any technicalities, but because the complex way the game is built, to me, creates more variable gameplay. Honestly, most league games at equal skill level aren't really determined by the way you play if you are consistent, but rather the compositions of the teams picked at the beginning of the game. Of course, picks also matter to an extent in DOTA 2, but it has built in mechanics that you can take advantage of if you play well to sort of alleviate that. For example, in league of legends if I draft Tryndamere and the enemy picks Nasus, I'm pretty much fucked in lane with only two options: Either early Jungle 24/7 camp (which can also be countered by enemy jungle camp so it's kind of irrelevant), or lane swaps from my team which can also be countered by enemy lane swaps. If played right it just turns into a back and forth game with the enemy team until I end up getting dived at tower with Nasus having 3/4th of his health left.

However, presented with the same situation if DOTA 2, there are many more options presented to me to be able to sort of not make the pick as bad. If I were in the same situation of Tryndamere v. Nasus in DOTA 2, I could buy a shadow blade to stealth/run away when I feel overwhelmed, I can have my team teleport in to punish overaggressive play, I could build a BKB if I got an early advantage and straight up want to 1v1 him, teammate can get a sheep stick and focus him with it if I still lost lane really bad and just save it for him. And that's not even the end of it, there are a decent amount of paths I can take to be able to make the best of a bad situation.

So what I guess I'm really trying to say is at the end of the day, when I lose a league game, a lot of the times I'll end up thinking that my team just got outpicked and there was nothing really we could have done. In DOTA 2 when I lose, I feel like there's a lot of things that I could have done that I just didn't do, I feel like I could've improved the way I played, and that, in my opinion, makes DOTA 2 a much more satisfying game to play.

Edit: Also I will say that I used to prefer League of Legends to DOTA 2, I thought DOTA 2's movement and pacing were clunky and the some of the mechanics were stupid (such as being able to deny) until I got used to them and realized that they were just more skills that I needed to learn to master/overcome. A lot of people (that come from league) really hate on DOTA 2 and try to rationalize it by trying to pass off their opinions as the end-all-be-all, but in actuality, they should just say they don't like it because it's too different or the gameplay just isn't in their tastes. And you know what, I can say the same for a lot of DOTA 2 players that trash on league as well. It's ok to dislike a video game because it doesn't resemble the one you already enjoy playing.

BlackWhite
3 Mar 2015, 07:22am

prize pool is irrelevant to a game if you prefver to play on it or not, unless you are a pro player.

the reason of why i play dota is i played it since wc3 dota. I play LoL as well when people here are playing it and i just join for the fun

Dota can have more active competitives scene if they choose to gank, though it could be very boring for the first 30 min when carry needs to farm. LoL, on the other hand, would get better source of exp and gold from heroes.

Beside, Dota is more about RTS and LoL is more of a battle royal, depends on what kind of gameplay would you prefer.

Banana Joe
3 Mar 2015, 10:48am
no 5, potentially 7, second stun

ps harro please tell me you're joking with your tryndamere vs nasus talk or mixed them around

and just read the rest, legit sounds like bronze or silver

+ just read some other posts, saying LoL is easy is literally retarded when there's a ranked system. It may be easier to pick up, but you can't call it easy before you're holding 2 challenger spots on the fucking kr server

XeNo
3 Mar 2015, 11:03am
Although I do agree that CS:GO is much more popular than COD, it's kind of silly to use a statistic that's based on twitch when twitch is relatively new to console technology. (Also it is silly to say that DOTA2 players would make an announcement saying they got challenger/diamond in League considering a lot of top tier players moved over to League of Legends from DOTA1/HoN)
The statistic is based on concurrent players playing on Steam in the article I linked, it isn't based solely on Twitch views, it's based on active playerbase numbers of people playing on Steam in those games.

Regarding the other thing, it was just used as an example that I doubt that simply because you're really good at DOTA2 and DOTA2 is mechanically harder/more complex than LoL it means you are going to destroy in League and get to a top rank.

Vinyl
3 Mar 2015, 12:41pm
>didnt expect a flame war

league of legos ride or die

DoubleSb
3 Mar 2015, 12:51pm
everyone here is shit at both games why is anyone even talking?

Wertles
3 Mar 2015, 12:53pm
I play league because it's a relatively easy game to learn and play casually, and even though I have a couple of hemorrhoids after playing with him, the fun times that I have with Neptune and friends is pretty easy, considering its just basix beeyotch versace

Neptune
3 Mar 2015, 01:05pm
I'm not trying to start a flame war comparing Dota 2 to LoL,
I'm not trying to start a flame war
flame war

Game Freak
3 Mar 2015, 01:26pm
Regarding the other thing, it was just used as an example that I doubt that simply because you're really good at DOTA2 and DOTA2 is mechanically harder/more complex than LoL it means you are going to destroy in League and get to a top rank.

I believe if you are good at dota you'll easily get a good rank in league. Simpler mechanics and more forgiving gameplay should mean you can make it higher easily.

Malibu
3 Mar 2015, 01:56pm
I believe if you are good at dota you'll easily get a good rank in league. Simpler mechanics and more forgiving gameplay should mean you can make it higher easily.

Good mechanics do not automatically give good game sense.

Game Freak
3 Mar 2015, 01:59pm
Good mechanics do not automatically give good game sense.

But a good dota player will have good game sense

Malibu
3 Mar 2015, 02:05pm
But a good dota player will have good game sense

Going by that logic, a good starcraft player will dominate the LoL , CS:GO and every other e-sport scene as well.

Game Freak
3 Mar 2015, 02:08pm
Going by that logic, a good starcraft player will dominate the LoL , CS:GO and every other e-sport scene as well.

Shit starcraft is a moba now ?

xDoodles
3 Mar 2015, 02:50pm
everyone here is shit at both games why is anyone even talking?

^ I concur. Y'all mad. Go play your video games and have fun. No need to PMS.

XeNo
3 Mar 2015, 03:01pm
From what little I understand of DOTA2 and LoL, Dota2 has many different viable ways for handling the advantages given at champ select. League is more...You can get hard countered and not much you can do, UNLESS you have the pure mechanics/skill to outplay.

I see Dota2 games as outsmarting, and League games as outplaying. Being strategic makes you better at Dota, being mechanically fast and quick thinking makes you better at League.

I do not see much of the "HOLY SHIT THAT AMAZING OUTPLAY" in Dota2 as I do League games, rather a team taking complete surprise control over the other team.

harro
3 Mar 2015, 03:36pm
no 5, potentially 7, second stun

ps harro please tell me you're joking with your tryndamere vs nasus talk or mixed them around

and just read the rest, legit sounds like bronze or silver

+ just read some other posts, saying LoL is easy is literally retarded when there's a ranked system. It may be easier to pick up, but you can't call it easy before you're holding 2 challenger spots on the fucking kr server

Lol, I'm sorry, why are you talking about rank when you're like gold or some shit? Really hope you're trolling there bud. The only time Tryndamere can beat Nasus is at levels 1-6, after that, at equal farm it's pretty much over, all other things equal. Easy is subjective. You can definitely say League is "easy to learn" and that's what most people are talking about when they call it easy. There's little in life that is easy to master/do in the top percentile. For example, checkers is an easy game to learn. Doesn't mean I'm going to go ahead and be in the top percentile just because I know how to play chess.

League can be hard not because of the game itself, but because of the people you are playing against, if the game is easy for you, it's also easy for them and there can only be one winner, which I don't think a lot of people seem to get. Same with a lot of other games. The learning curve in DOTA 2 is higher, but once you get past that it doesn't really matter and the difficulty level pretty much matches to league's.

XeNo, I'm just nitpicking, Steam numbers are still PC directed when I would say most CoD players prefer playing on a console, though I agree that there are more people playing CS:GO on PC than CoD players on XBOX/PS.

phantom153
3 Mar 2015, 04:27pm
league is all about outplay mechanics because if that trynd plays aggro and forces nasus to waste mana and use q's on trynd instead of minions then he reduces then asus snowball potential aswell as denying him farm.

harro
3 Mar 2015, 04:39pm
league is all about outplay mechanics because if that trynd plays aggro and forces nasus to waste mana and use q's on trynd instead of minions then he reduces then asus snowball potential aswell as denying him farm.

It's a lot easier to play defensively than offensively. Nasus does fine passive farming @ tower, is one of the few champions Trynd can't dive very well, and usually carries teleport to mitigate weardown. I'm talking about a situation where there's two equally skilled players. If Tryndamere does end up beating Nasus, the skill gap is more than likely large enough to where the Tryndamere player could have beaten him with most/all of the champions in the game.

Game Freak
3 Mar 2015, 04:57pm
I do believe a mechanically superior game has more outplay potential. Because there are more and deeper mechanics to rely on.

phantom153
3 Mar 2015, 05:02pm
It's a lot easier to play defensively than offensively. Nasus does fine passive farming @ tower, is one of the few champions Trynd can't dive very well, and usually carries teleport to mitigate weardown. I'm talking about a situation where there's two equally skilled players. If Tryndamere does end up beating Nasus, the skill gap is more than likely large enough to where the Tryndamere player could have beaten him with most/all of the champions in the game.

in an equally skilled match up it will probably boil down to 1 mistake because both champs are very snowbally one difference being that trynd is ok with fast pushing a lane althought it might hurt to miss a few cs but if nasus fast pushes lanes he starts to lose out on Q stacks which are his main driving force. but i would probably give this a 50/50 especially if we arent involving junglers cause that would bring in a whole new set of scenarios.

harro
3 Mar 2015, 06:35pm
in an equally skilled match up it will probably boil down to 1 mistake because both champs are very snowbally one difference being that trynd is ok with fast pushing a lane althought it might hurt to miss a few cs but if nasus fast pushes lanes he starts to lose out on Q stacks which are his main driving force. but i would probably give this a 50/50 especially if we arent involving junglers cause that would bring in a whole new set of scenarios.

You're entitled to your 50/50 opinion but most if not all statistics indicate that in a 5s game with Tryndamere v.s. Nasus there's like a 4-5% derivation from the the 50/50 (which is a lot considering the extremities would be like 7-8%). I'll source if you want but stuff can be easily found with google.

If Nasus makes mistakes he can be screwed early but if he just keeps playing he can easily come back.
Tryndamere on the other hand is pretty much done if he loses early.

Also it doesn't mean there are because a game is more complex, there is a higher chance to "outplay" someone, due to the player versus player nature of the game. It just means there are more methods to outplay someone. [Taking the consideration that picks/buying items are part of playing the game]

BoM
3 Mar 2015, 06:44pm
League of legends has its own section, Dota does not.

I got admin from playing league with higher ups.

There are my options, top that!

No really though if this is just gonna be harro trying to swing his MOBA e-dick around I'm gonna have to shut you kiddos down.

phantom153
3 Mar 2015, 07:03pm
You're entitled to your 50/50 opinion but most if not all statistics indicate that in a 5s game with Tryndamere v.s. Nasus there's like a 4-5% derivation from the the 50/50 (which is a lot considering the extremities would be like 7-8%). I'll source if you want but stuff can be easily found with google.

If Nasus makes mistakes he can be screwed early but if he just keeps playing he can easily come back.
Tryndamere on the other hand is pretty much done if he loses early.

Also it doesn't mean there are because a game is more complex, there is a higher chance to "outplay" someone, due to the player versus player nature of the game. It just means there are more methods to outplay someone. [Taking the consideration that picks/buying items are part of playing the game]

its true that nasus can just farm out to late game. but really what i boils down to is personal preference i prefer league you prefer DOTA in a similar way that people prefer CoD or Battlefield.

fanatiik
3 Mar 2015, 07:57pm
Esports wise even though riot did some great things to help players get salaried and other things like that I also think they ruined the international scene by reducing the number of times different regions get to face each other in tournaments while in dota theres a lot of internationnal tournaments. And as for the prize pool only affecting the players and not the people watching X event. I would much rather watch a tournament with a 10 million $ prize pool. While im not discrediting the league world championship for building a lot of hype around the tournament I feel it's the only event in the entire year that makes me want to watch professional LoL.

BlackWhite
3 Mar 2015, 09:24pm
I trying my best here to populate ttt and visit ze!

BoM
3 Mar 2015, 10:37pm
I trying my best here to populate ttt and visit ze!

hes talking about past experiences, one that people posting here had nothing to do with. go figure.

harro
4 Mar 2015, 12:39am
its true that nasus can just farm out to late game. but really what i boils down to is personal preference i prefer league you prefer DOTA in a similar way that people prefer CoD or Battlefield.

And that's perfectly fine, I was just trying to give an example of why I preferred one game over the other. Wasn't really trying to say dota is necessarily better.

Malibu
4 Mar 2015, 06:35am
Lol, I'm sorry, why are you talking about rank when you're like gold or some shit? Really hope you're trolling there bud.

Lol yeah just because his rank is gold he isn't allowed to talk about other ranks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Psyche
4 Mar 2015, 01:46pm
damn people are really passionate about videogames.

tbh lol has champions where depending on who you pick you are fucked unless they are bad. In dota, because of the item variety, you are able to adapt to certain champ comps so you aren't just sitting in the back of teamfights all game and getting instant-murdered. The argument that dota champs are overpowered and have the ability to one hit you is a pretty dumb argument, you can easily build out of situations that will get you quickly killed (which you are supposed to do.)

in terms of champions and game mechanics dota is better definitely, the abilities dota champs have are a lot more interesting and offer a lot more possibilities, although I admit that the new bard guy shows some promise that riot is attempting to make some more interesting abilities. Also in lol its common to find yourselves in games where if you are up by 10 kills in the beginning you pretty much win the game. In dota there is much more comeback potential, where even if you are down by 20, if you play smart you can come back.

league is better to play causally with friends online, but honestly if you get 10 people dota is way more fun for inhouses, dota is much more fun screwing with (or getting screwed by) your friends. Seriously play techies against xdoodles and you will know no greater joy in this world.

bottom line, if you want to play a game where you can just relax with friends, and still have a competitive experience on ranked, play lol. If you want a game with is a little harder to pickup and play, but becomes much more fun and rewarding once you do, play dota

BlackWhite
4 Mar 2015, 02:18pm
if you want to play a game where you can just relax with friends, and still have a competitive experience on ranked, play lol. If you want a game with is a little harder to pickup and play, but becomes much more fun and rewarding once you do, play dota

^

Lucid
4 Mar 2015, 03:53pm
Dang I did not expect this to blow up. Good responses everyone, bunch of valid points. I was just curious to hear everyone's opinions on the matter. I've never played LoL and I sfirst tarted on Dota and I have not had a desire to play LoL from what I've seen of it. From what I've gathered, it's really personal preference and LoL is easier to pick up and Dota 2 is more punishing.