PDA

View Full Version : Ze_FrostDrake attempt. 15h Feb

Bdcoll
10 Feb 2015, 03:12pm
So, we have FrostDrake on the server right now, a map that is rather insane and pretty damn good. The issue is, it takes 20 minutes

Were trying to save it for special events, to prevent it being overplayed/stop randomers failing on it repeatedly. So I figured, why not create an event to see if we can get the older, more experienced ZE players into the server, to try and beat this, or at least get as far as we can :D

Date : 15th Feb
Time: 11PM GMT. I'm not an expert on conversions, but its the same time as the MG event last week

I'll make an event in the ZE/SG groups an hour before to give people the heads up for this :D

Z3r0 M4ni4c
10 Feb 2015, 03:19pm
i've played it on a different server last week to try it out! its a pretty hard map and also you need lots of teamwork to get this map beaten!
So people that come in to troll or players that dont know what NOT EDGING means will most likely make us fail...if we can avoid those then maby we can beat it!

Because even on a server with freeze nades and protective nades (nades that keeps rings so zombies cant passed) didnt helped to beat the map!
So just to let know how though this map is!

I only dont know if i can make it the 14th because its valentines day and also on that day i have a birthday so it could get late and then i cant make it :(
Cant we move it a week maby?
Because i really want to play and beat this map :D

Bdcoll
10 Feb 2015, 03:21pm
Ah forgot it was valentines day (That single life). Can always shift it to the Sunday. Weekend after could be possible, although I can't make it then :p

Z3r0 M4ni4c
10 Feb 2015, 03:31pm
ah shiet! (i know that single life too lol) otherwise ill just have to miss it and wait for another shot another time

Punky
10 Feb 2015, 03:59pm
Can't make it on 14th, but my winter holiday break is starting this weekend so I won't have any problems joining except Valentine's day :/

ayy lmao by tapatalk

Prez
10 Feb 2015, 04:11pm
Ah forgot it was valentines day (That single life).

Wanna be my valentine bb?

And this sounds sick, I might be in.

Bdcoll
12 Feb 2015, 03:12pm
So we just had an impromptu playthrough on it, did pretty well, but needed people talking on the mic constantly.

Kaemon came onto the server towards the end and revealed that we've currently got the furthest in the map that hes seen on a live server, so thats something to push past on Sunday :D

Butters
12 Feb 2015, 04:19pm
So we just had an impromptu playthrough on it, did pretty well, but needed people talking on the mic constantly.

Kaemon came onto the server towards the end and revealed that we've currently got the furthest in the map that hes seen on a live server, so thats something to push past on Sunday :D

It was fun, but definitely need direction from people who know the map. If it's a bunch of newbies, it will be auto fail every round. Also, say goodbye to your FPS for the first 30 secs of the map.

Mandeemoo007
12 Feb 2015, 04:25pm
If it will be Sunday, then I can make it! But if it isn't then hell naw. And i will be sad that I missed it, but this map seems fucking amazing.

Vy
14 Feb 2015, 04:19am
11 PM GMT is sooooo late :(

Bdcoll
14 Feb 2015, 06:06am
I know, I was rather hoping to get a time that would be good for both European players AND for the Americans, that coincided with when the server is populated.

If it hadn't been up for so long, and advertised on the server, I would probably drop it back to 10 or even 9 tbh.

Black Rain
14 Feb 2015, 12:32pm
15 hour attempt :P

Vy
14 Feb 2015, 03:26pm
We played it a few times today, but failed because people are complete and utter retards. I don't think we once made it past the main elevator (half way point)

We did complete the map with 7 players. The boss fight doesn't seem so hard. But what comes after that is insane to hold. seriously. Not even talking about the fact that we need to get up to that point in the first place. Just getting to the end with an admin nocliping and pressing levers takes a long time....

Bdcoll
15 Feb 2015, 02:08pm
A FYI for anyone on the forums checking, this event will still be going ahead at the listed time :D

sirlag
15 Feb 2015, 08:54pm
Fuck. Missed it during my HSL match.

Vy
16 Feb 2015, 06:05am
How did it go?

Z3r0 M4ni4c
16 Feb 2015, 06:17am
well i know bdcoll was frustrated!
Because people already played it 2 hours before the event begon and with like 4 hours to go to main event people started complaining they wanted to RTV the map.

But i guess they where complaining already an hour after the map was on.
Only because they fail already at start or griefing in the server.

But thats only from what i could conclude out of bdcolls frustration on the shoutbox lol.

Eskomo
16 Feb 2015, 06:22am
It was fun, just frustrating by the end because we were actually getting worse as we kept playing haha.

I'd love to try it again today though :)!

Punky
16 Feb 2015, 07:30am
I guess we are the server that got the furthest in the map (the legit way) to the boss fight, but yeah at the end we were getting worse and worse.

Bdcoll
16 Feb 2015, 09:06am
Event went pretty well tbh.

I was annoyed beforehand that before the event started we already played the map for an hour and a half -_-

But it probably helped in the end as we were able to get a LOT further into the map :D. At one stage we had 3-5 people at the boss, who died to the first attack. Next round we had 16 people get to the steps running up to the boss, but a failnade happened.

HOPEFULLY we can crack it soon :D

Rilex
16 Feb 2015, 09:08am
Bummed I missed playing this :mmph:

Vy
16 Feb 2015, 10:26am
well that sucks. but you guys probably didn't beat it because of a lot of random people. we played it today and literally half the team were acting like headless chickens and just running around.

I created a group for the map, if anyone wants to join add me on steam (xvytas). Ill host events before we start playing the map (or get someone else to do it too)

Vy
17 Feb 2015, 12:13am
Please restrict AWPs on this map. I've seen like 5+ people, every round, carrying a worthless awp.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
17 Feb 2015, 12:26am
Exactly Vy we should start a group like the old days when we had "is S0ldier" & "Alpha Squad"
So that whenever we're gonna play Frostdrake we join as a group and start working together :^_^:

Jazz
17 Feb 2015, 02:48am
Exactly Vy we should start a group like the old days when we had "is S0ldier" & "Alpha Squad"
So that whenever we're gonna play Frostdrake we join as a group and start working together :^_^:

Yeah Z3r0 we definitely should! I definitely havent told u abt any group like this!!!

Turtlefiish
17 Feb 2015, 05:09pm
AS members are probably more likely to mess about (mainly to try and kill each other) then the randoms ;)

Jazz
18 Feb 2015, 03:28pm
AS members are probably more likely to mess about (mainly to try and kill each other) then the randoms ;)

When we need to be srs, we become srs sire