PDA

View Full Version : lol NYC

Captain Colon
16 Jun 2008, 12:39pm
NYC: No trans fats in restaurants as of July 1

2 hours, 42 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Unhealthy trans fats in restaurant food? Not in New York City.
ADVERTISEMENT

Eateries must remove artificial trans fats from all menu items by July 1.

When first implemented last year, the Health Department ban applied only to fry oils and spreads. It now will also include baked goods, frozen foods, cannoli and doughnuts.

Foods served in original, sealed packaging — such as candy and crackers — are exempt.

The Health Department says that, as of last month, about 98 percent of inspected restaurants were in compliance.

Some food chains and cooking oil manufacturers also have reduced saturated fat by 20 to 35 percent in certain fried foods.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080616/ap_on_re_us/diet_trans_fat_ban

:001_rolleyes:

Italian Jew
16 Jun 2008, 02:09pm
NOT THE DONUTS!!!!!!!!!! :crying:

PotshotPolka
16 Jun 2008, 02:43pm
CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!!!
This is subversive communist tactics to undermine our great democratic society!
WE MUST PROTECT OUR BODILY FLUIDS!

Dire
16 Jun 2008, 02:47pm
Almost every place I know of has removed trans fats anyways.

LegalSmash
16 Jun 2008, 06:45pm
Leave it to NYC to do that. Lets all forget about the real problems and go after the donuts. What is the NYPD going to do?

I like 3 dollar chinese food... chicken fried cat. GO TRANS FATS!!!

phatman76
16 Jun 2008, 07:11pm
I can't believe people's tax dollars pay people to tell other people what kind of fat is okay to put in my food...

Slavic
16 Jun 2008, 09:18pm
I can't believe people's tax dollars pay people to tell other people what kind of fat is okay to put in my food...

Yes its a bit ridiculous that tax payers money isn't being put into more progressive things but it is a significant health risk.

FDA info on trans fat (http://www.fda.gov/FDAC/features/2003/503_fats.html)

Italian Jew
16 Jun 2008, 09:24pm
yeah, too much trans fat can really make your ass jiggle forever (not to mention other health risks).

Slavic
16 Jun 2008, 10:26pm
yeah, too much trans fat can really make your ass jiggle forever (not to mention other health risks).

exaclty

you see this

http://www.flaminghelmet.net/images/05_Ass_Jiggle_Out_Of_Pool_Anitmaided.gif

this is what too much trans fats does to you, its unhealthy and immoral

LegalSmash
16 Jun 2008, 10:39pm
exaclty

you see this

http://www.flaminghelmet.net/images/05_Ass_Jiggle_Out_Of_Pool_Anitmaided.gif

this is what too much trans fats does to you, its unhealthy and immoral

God fucking forbid a white chick can actually develop an ass without having surgery :001_rolleyes:.

Its all about moderation people, the state should not be covering that unless they can prove it can kill you in a brief enough period to make you less than optimal for government tax purposes...

wait, NY taxes everything.

I guess the people's republic may be right . :scared:

Italian Jew
17 Jun 2008, 12:11am
lol, put a surgeon general's warning on a box of donuts like on cigarettes

Red
17 Jun 2008, 09:50am
Wait wait wait wait.

So they BAN transfats but cigarette sales are still allowed?

What in the fuck..

Italian Jew
17 Jun 2008, 10:54am
But people make sooooooooooooooooo much money off of cigarettes and those people manage to massage the political peenors of state and federal legislatures. The trans-fat industry just doesn't have that power.

LegalSmash
17 Jun 2008, 03:37pm
lol, put a surgeon general's warning on a box of donuts like on cigarettes

The most agreeable statement you have ever made in my presence. I totally agree. There should be no ban, but a warning.

Red
17 Jun 2008, 03:39pm
The most agreeable statement you have ever made in my presence. I totally agree. There should be no ban, but a warning.

Agreed

They should put a label on Big Macs too: "Eating a lot of these may make you a fat ass, retard"

Italian Jew
17 Jun 2008, 03:42pm
I think they are retarded BEFORE they eat all those Big Macs. They did buy them after all...

LegalSmash
17 Jun 2008, 04:31pm
ROFL, we talked about this at bar review during lunch. McD tastes less good the less shabby we are.