PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrisy ftl.

PotshotPolka
16 Jun 2008, 08:23am
:rlol:

http://www.gaypatriot.net/2007/02/28/george-bush-more-green-than-gore/

George Bush More “Green” Than Gore
Posted by GayPatriot at 11:51 am - February 28, 2007.
Filed under: Environmental Wackos, Global Warming, Leftist Nutjobs, Liberals
Oh, this is just priceless.

Is it possible that George Bush is a secret Green?� Evidently his Crawford Winter White House has 25,000 gallons of rainwater storage, gray water collection from sinks and showers for irrigation, passive solar, geothermal heating and cooling. �By marketplace standards, the house is startlingly small,� says David Heymann, the architect of the 4,000-square-foot home. “Clients of similar ilk are building 16-to-20,000-square-foot houses.”

Furthermore for thermal mass the walls are clad in “discards of a local stone called Leuders limestone, which is quarried in the area. The 12-to-18-inch-thick stone has a mix of colors on the top and bottom, with a cream-colored center that most people want. �They cut the top and bottom of it off because nobody really wants it,� Heymann says. �So we bought all this throwaway stone. It�s fabulous. It�s got great color and it is relatively inexpensive.�

Meanwhile, at Stately Gore Manor in Nashville….

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh�more than 20 times the national average.�
Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh�guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year.�� As a result of his energy consumption, Gore�s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.
Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore�s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.� Gore�s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore�s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.
�In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.�

LegalSmash
16 Jun 2008, 09:16am
lol.

Red
16 Jun 2008, 09:36am
MMMmmm, double standards.

Suri
16 Jun 2008, 09:36am
Man I cant stand AL Gore. He says one thing and then does he other all the time. This whole Global warming thing was just for PR. He don't give a crap about it. He flew his privet jet to pick up his NBPP. WHAT!!!!!!!

Itch
16 Jun 2008, 10:23am
I agree he's an asshat..

However.. If he's making valid points and giving valid information that will benefit the rest of us we should look at the information and it's validity not at the hypocritical asshole that's trying to profit from it while ignoring the problem himself.

Red
16 Jun 2008, 11:23am
It's all bullshit

Italian Jew
16 Jun 2008, 11:43am
Yeah, this was an old email from at least a year ago, so i think anybody with an email address knows about this already.

There is evidence for and against global warming, so I really don't know if it is or isn't occurring. However, I do know that humans have a detrimental effect on the environment. I don't go all out "green", but I do try to limit the amount to which I fuck over the planet like any smart person would do.

Captain Colon
16 Jun 2008, 11:52am
They neglect to mention that Gore pays like 5 times as much for his electricity to have it supplied from renewable sources.

Hyprocrisy ftl indeed :001_rolleyes:

You'd think the tags would've been a tip-off that the article is probably biased.

PotshotPolka
16 Jun 2008, 12:01pm
They neglect to mention that Gore pays like 5 times as much for his electricity to have it supplied from renewable sources.

Hyprocrisy ftl indeed :001_rolleyes:

You'd think the tags would've been a tip-off that the article is probably biased.

It's from an anti-democrat site, I just happened to hear about it and went trolling through google to find an article on it.

Captain Colon
16 Jun 2008, 12:05pm
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/gorehome.asp

PotshotPolka
16 Jun 2008, 12:13pm
I couldn't care less about number crunching, obtaining his fuel from green sources just gives the jag off the ability to criticize those who don't have access to it. He probably has half the TVA powering his house.

Italian Jew
16 Jun 2008, 12:23pm
QQ

Captain Colon
16 Jun 2008, 12:24pm
QQ
QFE

Don't cry just because you need to find an actual reason to rip on someone you don't like.

Red
16 Jun 2008, 12:58pm

Oh that makes it worlds better because energy prices aren't high enough as is and I'm sure every non-millionaire is going to line up to save the earth for that price.

broncoty
16 Jun 2008, 11:45pm
I couldn't care less about number crunching, obtaining his fuel from green sources just gives the jag off the ability to criticize those who don't have access to it. He probably has half the TVA powering his house.

a kilowat is a kilowat, whether it is from water or gas we still have an energy crisis......

PotshotPolka
17 Jun 2008, 10:57am
a kilowat is a kilowat, whether it is from water or gas we still have an energy crisis......

Exactly. I still don't get how he receives all his power from renewable resources when he's using that much natural gas though...
Maybe he installed a methane burner in his backyard that runs off all the skeletons he used to keep in his closet.

Italian Jew
17 Jun 2008, 11:05am
Yes, his house is powered by metaphors! :w00t:

Slavic
17 Jun 2008, 08:29pm
Yes, his house is powered by metaphors! :w00t:

Can we market this new metaphor driven fuel system???

PotshotPolka
18 Jun 2008, 08:47am
I'll see if it runs along side my Jeep's Hydrogren Generator.

Repeat
18 Jun 2008, 12:51pm
Guys, leave Al Gore alone. He invented the internet.

G-Man
18 Jun 2008, 01:54pm
Gore was always an uber hypocrit, thats nothing new...