PDA

View Full Version : Lower knockback on Knifes!

Z3r0 M4ni4c
1 Feb 2015, 01:20pm
Is it possible to lower the Knockback on the knife's!
I'm noticing more and more complaints about people knifing the zombie to the front of the map so that they can kill the Humans.

Some even ask help from a Human Friend in this case to get knifed to the front.
Or a human says to a zombie he will knife that guy to the front.

It really destroys the game sometimes.
I noticed it myself but ofcourse when admins say things about it they immediatly stop untill admins leave!

So my question is: please lower down the knockback on the knife!

Punky
1 Feb 2015, 02:09pm
I think the INSANE knife knockback was always part of our ZE server,so I'd like to keep it

Z3r0 M4ni4c
1 Feb 2015, 02:56pm
I think the INSANE knife knockback was always part of our ZE server,so I'd like to keep it

not in my time...
i only noticed the INSANE knockback on this CSGO server other server never did...SG never had this big knockback only on the shotguns in the past lol

Agent_Wesker
1 Feb 2015, 03:22pm
Should reduce it so they cant fly across map, but keep enough so its worth it.

Jazz
1 Feb 2015, 03:28pm
Needs to be decreased or otherwise trolls are gonna troll

Paralyzed
1 Feb 2015, 05:28pm
Should reduce it so they cant fly across map, but keep enough so its worth it.

Pretty much this, nothing more to add from my side.

Neptune
1 Feb 2015, 07:33pm
not in my time...
i only noticed the INSANE knockback on this CSGO server other server never did...SG never had this big knockback only on the shotguns in the past lol

I don't know how long you were gone but the crazy knife knockback has been on for at least 2 years.

I'm for keeping it, it may be annoying sometimes when you get that one guy who knifes a zombie ahead, but that's another aspect that makes ze fun. Its also a high risk/reward mechanic if you think about it, one half you get turned into a zombie/other half you knife the zombie super far away.

$uperkiller67
1 Feb 2015, 08:16pm
keep it the same, zombies can knife you first, so you never know....

SpikedRocker
1 Feb 2015, 09:16pm
Some even ask help from a Human Friend in this case to get knifed to the front.
Or a human says to a zombie he will knife that guy to the front.

Like you stated they stop when admin comes around, but I think this is a punishable offence if you can gather enough proof it happening. Seems like the reverse of the "friendly zombie" problem.

KnuckleChild87
1 Feb 2015, 10:23pm
keep it as is, part of the fun

Z3r0 M4ni4c
2 Feb 2015, 12:05am
Like you stated they stop when admin comes around, but I think this is a punishable offence if you can gather enough proof it happening. Seems like the reverse of the "friendly zombie" problem.

Thats right indeed.
Its just pretty much what agent_wesker said.
But if this is punishable, i suggest we edit the MOTD and add some few new rules to it! With this one of them.
Neptune i've been away since 2011! i play on SG since '07.
This is also the only server i've seen in all ZE servers on CSGO with this huge knockback on knives!

XeNo
2 Feb 2015, 03:21pm
The knock back is intended as far as I know. Humans intentionally knifing a zombie to the front is indeed against the rules, there's no need to edit the MOTD because its been a rule since ZM conception that team killing is against the rules. Knifing a zombie intentionally into your own team is team killing. Report these players and they will be banned.

Paralyzed
2 Feb 2015, 03:26pm
The knock back is intended as far as I know. Humans intentionally knifing a zombie to the front is indeed against the rules, there's no need to edit the MOTD because its been a rule since ZM conception that team killing is against the rules. Knifing a zombie intentionally into your own team is team killing. Report these players and they will be banned.

Snorlax has spoken. No but seriously, I agree with what XeNo said. If we just punish those that intentionally knife zombies into teammates (which is easy enough to spot now that it also logs in chat whoever knives a zombie) this shouldn't be a problem.

Turtlefiish
3 Feb 2015, 08:37am
Snorlax has spoken. No but seriously, I agree with what XeNo said. If we just punish those that intentionally knife zombies into teammates (which is easy enough to spot now that it also logs in chat whoever knives a zombie) this shouldn't be a problem.

This entirely. It's pretty easy to spot, from the logs alone, who teamkilled. Only issue is differentiating between a single fuck-up knife and a single deliberate teamkill.

Vy
3 Feb 2015, 10:23am
Uh, I do think that the knockback is fun and all. But it's definitely a bit over the top. You can left click a zombie and he's going to fly away, not even talking about right-clicks. Should be lowered a bit.