PDA

View Full Version : A tweak?

Jazz
30 Jan 2015, 02:49pm
Hey I'm Jazz, I'm twevle and I like cookies.

Well there is a small thing that I've thought about regarding a server setting. Its not a huge deal but can still make a difference. The tweak is zombie respawn after death. I do not like the fact that you instantly respawn as a zombie after you just died - as a zombie. I mean, once you're dead, you should be dead, hands down. Imagine a scenario where there are only two or three zombies against twenty-something humans. The humans decide to go hunting and kill the zombies in purpose to end the round quickly or just gain an advantage by having a zombie less to worry about. Of course, that is not a possibility with the current settings we have... Zombie hunting is by the way a very actionfilled and fun thing to do, so do try it out kids. Not only that, you respawn to a teleport location in most cases far away from the action.

So why disable respawn after death?

Disabling respawn after death is fair, humans have probably with efforts killed a zombie since they have so much health, so they should be given that advantage of 1 player less on the opposing team. Disabling death respawn also means that while playing as a zombie, you play more carefully and alert since you will know that once you die, you have to sit out the round(which isnt that bad either since you can spectate me and learn :D). Having zombies play carefully and alertly will force the humans to play better, and when humans play better we consequently solve one of the biggest problems our server suffers from, lack of human skill.

What do you guys think?

Malibu
30 Jan 2015, 03:59pm
I approve.

BlackWhite
30 Jan 2015, 04:20pm
Then we need to turn up the regenaration up a little, maybe 10 per 1 second

Jazz
30 Jan 2015, 05:00pm
Then we need to turn up the regenaration up a little, maybe 10 per 1 second

I think we're fine as is my friend. People barely get zombie kills with the current settings.

PS I'm cool with the fact that when you die as a human you respawn as a zombie!

Punky
30 Jan 2015, 06:05pm
I'm fine with disabling zombie respawn as it will help with some tough maps.

SpikedRocker
30 Jan 2015, 06:41pm
PS I'm cool with the fact that when you die as a human you respawn as a zombie!

I believe this was the reasoning behind this effect. I'm not entirely sure that we can have humans respawn but not zombies.

Mandeemoo007
30 Jan 2015, 07:50pm
I'm fine with disabling zombie respawn as it will help with some tough maps.

Basically this. Because some maps are really fucking hard to complete when there are 40 zombies on you and if the zombies die, they just keep coming back. And I know that that is basically what happens in literally every zombie movie, but it would be a nice thing to have.

vorter
30 Jan 2015, 09:13pm
I would at least enable respawn for people that just join the server, just so they don't get bored sitting around and leave.

h3adsh0t
30 Jan 2015, 10:14pm
I would at least enable respawn for people that just join the server, just so they don't get bored sitting around and leave.

This. Plus also i feel like instead of actually escaping most will just try and kill the first zombie.

SpikedRocker
30 Jan 2015, 10:53pm

Wait isn't that what !zspawn is?

vorter
30 Jan 2015, 10:57pm
Wait isn't that what !zspawn is?

Well that works for those who already lived once as zombie that round. I believe what Jazzman and other want is (at least) barring dead zombies from reanimating/respawning.

I do not like the fact that you instantly respawn as a zombie after you just died - as a zombie.

struki
31 Jan 2015, 05:18am
No,because there are maps where zombies die constantly by falling,and cts could in turn win the map before getting to the end.
Also,people get bored when they are not playing and would probably leave.
I recommend adding a respawn time of 15-20 sec if you are gonna do anything.

Jazz
31 Jan 2015, 05:40am
We have that, if a player just joined the server that player types in !zspawn to start playing.

i feel like instead of actually escaping most will just try and kill the first zombie.
Well if there is only one zombie that would be the best thing to do. Playing a full map vs 1 zombie can be really boring.

No,because there are maps where zombies die constantly by falling,and cts could in turn win the map before getting to the end.
Also,people get bored when they are not playing and would probably leave.
I recommend adding a respawn time of 15-20 sec if you are gonna do anything.
Got it a bit wrong there my friend. CTs are the ones to die on beginning of the rounds since they are ahead of the zombies. They "unlock" most traps so by the time zombies get there its pretty obvious that there's a trap there. When CTs die they do respawn as zombie and still play.

Z3r0 and Wicked you are the ones to be on my side! Care to elaborate on your votes?

struki
31 Jan 2015, 06:23am
Got it a bit wrong there my friend. CTs are the ones to die on beginning of the rounds since they are ahead of the zombies. They "unlock" most traps so by the time zombies get there its pretty obvious that there's a trap there. When CTs die they do respawn as zombie and still play.

Theres a hold point near the end on i think fapescape with a narrow pathway,and if a zombie falls of they die,so it would be really anti-climactic.

Jazz
31 Jan 2015, 06:25am
Theres a hold point near the end on i think fapescape with a narrow pathway,and if a zombie falls of they die,so it would be really anti-climactic.

CT sided map, having ONE narrow pathway with death when fall is not optimal. Like seriously how many maps are like that except fapescape? That map should be removed if what you're saying is true

WickedZealot
31 Jan 2015, 06:33am
How it stands with humans respawning as zombies is fine, otherwise players will get bored waiting on longer maps. If we had more maps then maybe but remember on CSGO we have very few on there and many players are still too new to it - so we need to keep them and not force them to wait.

Jazz
31 Jan 2015, 06:43am
How it stands with humans respawning as zombies is fine, otherwise players will get bored waiting on longer maps. If we had more maps then maybe but remember on CSGO we have very few on there and many players are still too new to it - so we need to keep them and not force them to wait.

Then again, how often do zombie die at beginning of rounds? When they do die(mid-end round most likely) they will pay more attention to traps which will force them to play better. Also they will definitely not do the same mistake twice. Yes, zombies do die, BUT its hard to kill them and they often die at the ending so they wont have to wait a long time.

Jazz
31 Jan 2015, 07:39am
We just played sorrento and it was z blowout after zombie blowout wins. It just gets too overwhelming when zombies keep coming like that and its hard to defend with ur obstacle being one box...

FINAL 9-2 zombies with one round being insta knife zombie to water so 9-1 really. We also had pro players on (turtle, vy, bdcoll, r3tro, myself etc. Its not fun to play when one side is so overpowered

struki
31 Jan 2015, 08:36am
We just played sorrento and it was z blowout after zombie blowout wins. It just gets too overwhelming when zombies keep coming like that and its hard to defend with ur obstacle being one box...

FINAL 9-2 zombies with one round being insta knife zombie to water so 9-1 really. We also had pro players on (turtle, vy, bdcoll, r3tro, myself etc. Its not fun to play when one side is so overpowered

Zombie Escape maps shouldn't have a 1:1 win ratio,it should be hard to beat a map because when you finally do,the payoff is worth it.Besides,sorento is lost because people don't hold at the 2nd gate,not because of the respawn system.
I agree with Wicked that people just don't want to wait for a whole round.
It also discourages zombies from trying to get humans who are in risky positions.

Jazz
31 Jan 2015, 08:50am
Zombie Escape maps shouldn't have a 1:1 win ratio,it should be hard to beat a map because when you finally do,the payoff is worth it.Besides,sorento is lost because people don't hold at the 2nd gate,not because of the respawn system.
I agree with Wicked that people just don't want to wait for a whole round.
It also discourages zombies from trying to get humans who are in risky positions.Since I have replies for this in my previous posts I'm just gonna say humans weren't even CLOSE to winning it was a complete blowout all the time, thats not fun. Also the map was made like that. We need zombies to die in order for the gameplay to ease up

Agent_Wesker
31 Jan 2015, 09:45am
Imo zombie respawn keeps the rounds interesting and challenging, especially since CS:GO is much easier than CS:S.

It is definitely possible to kill zombies using the Negev and it can be anti-climactic if the round ends with one zombie.

Having to sit in spectator will drive people away by not keeping them in on the action. If you want to switch teams you can just type spectate in console.

Turtlefiish
31 Jan 2015, 12:27pm
I wouldn't mind the current system being on by default, and having an opt-out command. Sometimes (particularly on long maps), I'd rather have my death and then alt-tab for a bit to do other things. Allows people to turn off their auto-spawn if they don't want it, allows new players to be auto-spawned so they don't get bored; best of both worlds really.