PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Spawn

struki
27 Jan 2015, 01:05pm
I don't get the zombie spawn system,the zombie is at a severe disadvantagee by being teleported back to spawn.
If a map like Helms Deep has 6 different cut off spawn locations,i don't get why the zombie is teleported back.
On the other hand,map like jurrasic park has only one path and there is no teleporting back,what the fuck?
If you're gonna teleport the zombie back,atleast spawn more of them (1/6 of the players lets say).

There are a lot of rounds where for the most of the choke point theres only 1 or 2 zombies (plus afks).So yeah.

BlackEagle
27 Jan 2015, 01:07pm
I don't get the zombie spawn system,the zombie is at a severe disadvantagee by being teleported back to spawn.
If a map like Helms Deep has 6 different cut off spawn locations,i don't get why the zombie is teleported back.
On the other hand,map like jurrasic park has only one path and there is no teleporting back,what the fuck?
If you're gonna teleport the zombie back,atleast spawn more of them (1/6 of the players lets say).

There are a lot of rounds where for the most of the choke point theres only 1 or 2 zombies (plus afks).So yeah.

I could be mistaken here but I believe a lot of those teleports are implemented by the map makers themselves and not adjusted by any server settings. I could be wrong about that but that is how I believed the system worked. If that is the case then there really isn't much we can do about maps such as helms deep. Jurassic park I don't see as an issue because the door closes on half the people so it really isolates people and gives the humans time to run forward. The only time it becomes an issue is if someone knifes the zombie forward and they get really far ahead.

R3TROATTACK
27 Jan 2015, 01:10pm
On maps that have zombies spawn in the back like helms deep is because it was near impossible to beat without having it set up that way where as jurassic park would be to easy if we tele'd zombies back to spawn.

Bdcoll
27 Jan 2015, 01:36pm
AFAIK some maps are sent to spawn my either the map creator or the server, whilst others are set to stay where they are. Most of them were tested on a map by map thing.

Thing is, I feel they work as they are right now. Helms Deep is often lost, only win like once a play through. Jurassic park is the opposite. Humans nearly always win.

struki
27 Jan 2015, 01:43pm
Well Helms Deep is supposed to be hard to beat,ze maps shouldn't have a 1:1 win ratio.
On Helms Deep every third round ends up being 1 poor zombie trying to get ladders up while being shot back.If you are gonna teleport zombies back,atleast spawn more of them.

Agent_Wesker
27 Jan 2015, 06:46pm
Well Helms Deep is supposed to be hard to beat,ze maps shouldn't have a 1:1 win ratio.
On Helms Deep every third round ends up being 1 poor zombie trying to get ladders up while being shot back.If you are gonna teleport zombies back,atleast spawn more of them.

This is both entirely possible and recommended.

Should be 1 zombie for every 8 players.