PDA

View Full Version : SG Scrim bracket system

Prez
25 Jan 2015, 08:18pm
Hey guys,

Fishey and I are working on a MM-type system for SG to have an official sort of scrim system for the community. It would be set up so you dont have to sign up with a team and you're ranked as an individual (like CS:GO does ranks) and matchmaking happens from there. With that system we can set up tournaments and leagues for different ranks and groups, stuff like that.

What we're looking for now is to see who would actually be interested in playing (at any level). No rank required to play or anything, it's going to be open for everyone and will be started when school isn't too busy for everybody. Please answer the poll and post in the thread if you have any questions/suggestions! :)

Thanks

Zaraki
25 Jan 2015, 10:16pm
While I don't play that often anymore, I'm happy to see that these events arise out of people's own initiative :)
We need to keep doing these events to support our playerbase and its interests

Keep up the good work!

Wawa
25 Jan 2015, 11:02pm
If only it wasn't CS:GO, but still interested.

h3adsh0t
26 Jan 2015, 05:46am
Very good idea and very interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

high rws
27 Jan 2015, 04:59pm
if only ppl scrimmed

Eldest
1 Feb 2015, 02:04am
I'm in.

heartless
1 Apr 2015, 08:07pm
Is there a possibility of this still happening?

phantom153
1 Apr 2015, 08:42pm
i would be interested if this is still gunna occur

Prez
1 Apr 2015, 10:05pm
This completely slipped from my mind haha, if there is still interest I can definitely look into getting this into action.

BlackEagle
1 Apr 2015, 10:19pm
Do we have a server to play on?

Octa
1 Apr 2015, 10:48pm
Do we have a server to play on?

The short answer to that is no. Although I'm sure one could be arranged somehow if needed

Wawa
2 Apr 2015, 01:22am
The poll on this turned out to be pretty lopsided. Would be pretty cool to see this actually happen, if there is indeed enough support to do so.

Black Rain
2 Apr 2015, 07:40am
2 words: knife giveaway

Ez scrim population

DoubleSb
2 Apr 2015, 07:53am
2 words: knife giveaway

Ez scrim population

for what, a bunch of people who've never played comp suddenly play and get shit on while i rage because they're shit???

Black Rain
2 Apr 2015, 10:28am
for what, a bunch of people who've never played comp suddenly play and get shit on while i rage because they're shit???

I'll bribe Prez to put us on one team together with 3 other op players <3

BoM
2 Apr 2015, 10:43am

You gotta calm down

heartless
2 Apr 2015, 01:02pm
for what, a bunch of people who've never played comp suddenly play and get shit on while i rage because they're shit???Since when do MGE's get to call other people shit?

Nuclear Onion
2 Apr 2015, 01:31pm
Since when do MGE's get to call other people shit?
I smell a shitstorm brewing...

phantom153
2 Apr 2015, 04:05pm
or instead of 1 big knife prize just divide it into different division and give smaller prizes.

Ryoku
2 Apr 2015, 04:08pm
Sure, I got my team ready. S7R We would be happy to rip some heads. Kappa

ExileD
2 Apr 2015, 04:28pm
Potatoes doesn't have dad's.

If SG gets a decent scrim server I will definitely play on it.

Fishey
2 Apr 2015, 04:38pm
I'm still willing to work on this with Prez.

Malibu
2 Apr 2015, 04:54pm

Well damn

DoubleSb
2 Apr 2015, 06:59pm

since when do retards type without their handler??????

Fishey
2 Apr 2015, 07:09pm
since when do retards type without their handler??????

idk when did you start

Octa
2 Apr 2015, 07:19pm
Woah guys, no need to make posts that will get deleted. Flame wars are fun, but reflect badly on you :P

But also, idk if I would participate because I suck now lol, even more then before

Wawa
2 Apr 2015, 11:21pm
Woah guys, no need to make posts that will get deleted. Flame wars are fun, but reflect badly on you :P

But also, idk if I would participate because I suck now lol, even more then before

Lol so do I, I ranked Distinguished Master Guardian a year ago and still can't get a competitive win to show it again after being inactive for so long. SG scrimming would still be fun regardless.

El NIŅO (>^-^)>
2 Apr 2015, 11:45pm
128 tick pls por favor ;~;

heartless
3 Apr 2015, 03:48am
since when do retards type without their handler??????I'm just trying to save you from embarrassing yourself.. no need to unleash your autism on me. All I'm saying is people could call you out for being MGE or killing bots in your frag vids if you call them shit.

128 tick pls por favor ;~;This would be great if possible.

Malibu
3 Apr 2015, 04:20am
Count me in, and yeah, 128 tick or riot.
Edit: Anything above DMG/LE+ is suicide anyway. All you're going to get are cheaters/boosters with cheats.
Source: I've been there and I'd honestly rather stick to DMG than getting my ass fucked in LEM+ by cheaters every 2nd game. Or just play faceit for free.

Remember when x22 used to be one of the best cheats in css? The whole server laughed at one of my teammates because he used it.
It's like you're still using nokia.

heartless
3 Apr 2015, 05:44am
Count me in, and yeah, 128 tick or riot.
Edit: Anything above DMG/LE+ is suicide anyway. All you're going to get are cheaters/boosters with cheats.
Source: I've been there and I'd honestly rather stick to DMG than getting my ass fucked in LEM+ by cheaters every 2nd game. Or just play faceit for free.

Remember when x22 used to be one of the best cheats in css? The whole server laughed at one of my teammates because he used it.
It's like you're still using nokia.Yeah this is why I gave up on mm after reaching LE. There are so many cheaters that it has gotten to a point where you suspect anyone playing well of cheating and it just makes you give up on trying. ESEA has been great so far, there's just the people who can't accept that your team doesn't always consist of high ranked players and get salty.

Game Freak
3 Apr 2015, 01:26pm
. ESEA has been great so far, there's just the people who can't accept that your team doesn't always consist of high ranked players and get salty.

And the bitcoins are good aswell i heard

heartless
3 Apr 2015, 01:33pm
And the bitcoins are good aswell i heardDidn't even know about this till you mentioned it. I don't really care about what happened 2 years ago, everything seems fine now. If you boycot every service that has done shady stuff in the past you might aswell stop using Google and Facebook.

Game Freak
3 Apr 2015, 02:03pm
Didn't even know about this till you mentioned it. I don't really care about what happened 2 years ago, everything seems fine now. If you boycot every service that has done shady stuff in the past you might aswell stop using Google and Facebook.

Seems like i'm halfway there. If you dont boycot a service like ESEA you are gonna have a bad time.

BoM
3 Apr 2015, 03:14pm
Seems like i'm halfway there. If you dont boycot a service like ESEA you are gonna have a bad time.

Until the pros stop using it I could care what they did in the past. You clearly have a biased against them but that doesn't mean someone is gonna have a bad time using ESEA.

Game Freak
3 Apr 2015, 03:53pm
Until the pros stop using it I could care what they did in the past. You clearly have a biased against them but that doesn't mean someone is gonna have a bad time using ESEA.

Pros using it is a bad argument, you wont learn or get better by getting owned by pros. Cevo or faceit will do well enough. And yeah it's quite normal to have a bias against people who been doing shady bussiness since they started.

BoM
3 Apr 2015, 04:00pm
Pros using it is a bad argument, you wont learn or get better by getting owned by pros. Cevo or faceit will do well enough. And yeah it's quite normal to have a bias against people who been doing shady bussiness since they started.

Pros play Cevo and faceit too?

Just stop Lmao. ESEA isn't that bad.

BoM
3 Apr 2015, 04:16pm
Let's stay on topic

Game Freak
3 Apr 2015, 04:16pm
Nah i actually hate ESEA because the people in charge are morons. Not uncommon.

BlackEagle
4 Apr 2015, 01:43pm
Well anyways, since we have a lot of support for this I say we move forward with it. A very large portion of our community plays CS:GO Comp anyways.

heartless
6 Apr 2015, 07:51pm
Any updates? Is this happening?

BlackEagle
6 Apr 2015, 09:52pm
Any updates? Is this happening?

I wasn't the one that began the overall discussion but I will get in contact with Prez & I believe Fishey who said that they would be interested in starting this. I wouldn't mind helping out with this either, I believe it would be good for the community and would be a cool event to get people excited.

Prez
6 Apr 2015, 10:04pm
Definitely want to get this ball rolling ASAP! BlackEagle and Fishey I'll send you messages early tomorrow morning. :D

XeNo
10 Apr 2015, 10:59am
How would you do stats/rankings?

What difference is this from just using their CS:GO MM ranking? I've been in Silver Elite on my alt, if you're honestly good enough, you climb out of it and gold nova impossibly easy. I don't see how having our own system will be accurate at all.

It would be more accurate to just link people's CSGO MM rank to their forum account if they wanted. Setting up our own elo and matchmaking ranks based on personal skill in a private scrim server could A. Be easy to abuse B. Not accurate of their individual skill C. There is a better one in just using the CSGO MM.

phantom153
10 Apr 2015, 02:14pm
isnt it suppost to be more so that groups of friends on SG can play against each other for bragging rights and what not.

Fuze
10 Apr 2015, 05:28pm
Are you saying that you want to split the people who are gonna play up by their elo? from past experience that will only kill the SG scrim server. Ive seen that server do its best in the summer only when people wanna play and if your gonna split it up by stats your gonna ahve 10 select people at the top and everyone else in the middle youll never get a game going assuming im reading what you want to do correctly.

Also, double is better then MGE no idea why hes only that. He can do better/keep up with all the DMG+ whenever hes queued up with me.

heartless
10 Apr 2015, 05:53pm
I think the main two questions the people working on this should have is: A. What would attract people to the server? And B. What would give people incentive to keep playing it?

A tournament once in so much time where people sign up and compete in randomly generated teams for a prize pool would prevent team stacking and is a good way for people who don't usually talk or get along to get to know eachother. I think that would suffice for point A.

As for point B, I agree with what Xeno said about how a rank based just on score in this particular server wouldn't be accurate, and easily abused. However, I think to keep a server like this alive there has to be incentive to keep playing. Perhaps we can use MM ranking to try and create even teams, but still have our own ranking system (similar to ESEA roundwinshare if a plugin like this exists to the public).

Maybe Prez can shed some light on what he, BlackEagle and Fishey have discussed so far.

Fishey
10 Apr 2015, 06:59pm
I can shed some light on it, nothing.

BlackEagle
10 Apr 2015, 07:23pm
My apologies, I was gonna meet with Prez last night but then had a family emergency that tied me up the remainer of the evening.

El NIŅO (>^-^)>
10 Apr 2015, 08:33pm
I just want to kill people in a server thats 128 tick with the name "SteamGamers" ;~;

Prez
10 Apr 2015, 08:47pm
I apologize dudes, I've been working every day right after school so I haven't met with beagle and fish yet. Tomorrow night hopefully I can hammer this out for you guys!