PDA

View Full Version : css demos

Spartan
13 Jun 2008, 04:17pm
didnt know where i should post this but i was just browsing through the forums, looking at the downloads that ppl post for demos. Im just wondering how do i actually watch them? cause they are in like some hl2 format and when i double click it, my egg timer loader stays there, then nothing happens, and i tried watching it in windows media, real player etc but no success, so how do i actually view them? and also so i can make my own demos.:001_cool:

Pancake Batter
13 Jun 2008, 05:39pm
Load up Css, go on console, type playdemo <name>.

Spartan
13 Jun 2008, 07:26pm
cheers man :thumbup:

BOOWY
13 Jun 2008, 11:20pm
'demoui' in the console gives you a nice little window to rewind and seek n' stuff after you enter in playdemo. It's not the most responsive thing in the world but it works... sometimes.

Spartan
14 Jun 2008, 06:39am
is it possible to like mess around with the videos... like once u have recorded it, can u then edit how ya like? if so... how?

BOOWY
14 Jun 2008, 11:58am
No... not that I'm aware of anyway, but I don't think it can be. The issue is that it isn't actually a video. If you were to use the default T and CT models when you recorded the demo, and then went and changed them to custom ones, I'm pretty sure you'd see the custom ones when you go to play the demo. The file format records everything in such a way that the game engine recreates and re-renders everything. If you screen captured the demo with FRAPS or something then yeah you can edit it like any other video because it's not a demo file that you're editing anymore, but a simple movie.

Don't quote me on that though.

Spartan
14 Jun 2008, 01:13pm
lol i see the theory behind it, sounds pretty straight foward to me, i was just thinking like if ya wanting a demo of someone doing multiple offenses, you could edit the demo so it skips the time between it to make it a nicer demo to watch :P

Maxwelldon
14 Jun 2008, 05:37pm
Well, first record demos about things you want - get FRAPS called software, fix up Hotkey, FPS limits etc for it and hit the Hotkey when watching a Demo ingame, it records UNCOMPRESSED so you most like need lot of space in order to "rip" long demos into video which you can later on edit with, for example, with Windows Movie Maker and Sony Vegas :cool: