PDA

View Full Version : The ZE is lagging Thread

Bdcoll
19 Jan 2015, 04:04pm
So it was suggested to make a thread separate to the ZE is doing Good to mention when the server is lagging to help track down errors

I just had a pretty large lagspike at 23:05 GMT, nothing to do with what I was doing ingame etc.

Remember to mention in your post the time and timezone it was happening otherwise it would be impossible to check :D

BlackWhite
19 Jan 2015, 04:16pm
same thing happened to me, eve when no body is shooting.

KnuckleChild87
19 Jan 2015, 04:37pm
noticed a ton of lagging when multiple zombies get naded and start burning...idk if it's my machine or the server

SpikedRocker
21 Jan 2015, 07:38pm
Lag issues are something that probably cannot be fixed. Being on the type of server we are we cannot guarantee a lag free experience. It however should not be persistent. The napalm nades is something that has always been a sort of problem even way back in CSS ZM days.

BlackWhite
21 Jan 2015, 08:26pm
Do we have to change the napalm in to freeze? to reduce the lag

KnuckleChild87
22 Jan 2015, 12:27am
I wouldn't want to see it change to freeze. With the napalm you can still at least move around slightly an still pose a threat. I think freezing would hurt popularity. But that's just my opinion. Whatever works best is #1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z3r0 M4ni4c
22 Jan 2015, 12:33am
freezing would give people a chance to escape from the hordes of zombies if you have only 1 freeze nade not spamming a bunch as i have seen some servers do!

Punky
22 Jan 2015, 02:23am
No freeze nades plssss. Napalm is a tradition :v

ayy lmao by tapatalk

BlackWhite
22 Jan 2015, 07:32am
No freeze nades plssss. Napalm is a tradition :v

ayy lmao by tapatalk

i know that, i am just saying if everything fails to reduce lag

Turtlefiish
22 Jan 2015, 07:55am
i know that, i am just saying if everything fails to reduce lag

Could try lessening the decal or a bunch of other things beforehand though. Freeze nades would pretty much break the gameplay entirely; 40-ish freeze grenades could just lock down a holdpoint indefinitely. Hell grenades are already shitty enough already compared to how they used to be.

Vy
23 Jan 2015, 04:12am
Perhaps add the ability to remove the napalm flames for people? Like !stopsound does for the gun sounds.

XeNo
23 Jan 2015, 08:41am
Regarding this issue, and lag/crashes on TTT when both ZE and TTT are full, I advised Spartan to upgrade the RAM on the dedi which was just installed a few minutes ago. (From 4 to 6 gb)

Please respond here when the server fills up again and see if it's still lagging as bad or if it feels a bit better. Hopefully this will help quite a bit/fix this issue with ZE lagging/TTT crashing.

XeNo
23 Jan 2015, 01:57pm
I sat in spectate for about a full map just now while the server is 95-100% full and did not experience any lag at all (Aside from the occasional FPS lag but that's because I run CSGO at max settings) I hope this means the server is fine now. Perhaps we can look into re-upping the slots if the AO in charge of it is interested in increasing it again.

Bdcoll
23 Jan 2015, 03:09pm
Just played it myself when at a decently high number of players on ZE and MG was at 12 people. Not a single lag in site.

This makes me very happy :D

Edit: I lied. Getting lag at 00:10 GMT on ZE. ZE is full. TTT is half full and MG has 7.