PDA

View Full Version : Why do poor people vote for Democrats?

Repeat
12 Jun 2008, 04:55am
I ran into this quote from good ol' Charles Barkley. He should run for office, with this insight.

Quote of the week from our esteemed friend Sir Charles Barkley:

"Poor People have been voting for Democrats for the last 50 years,
............and they are still poor."

A little food for thought. I thought it had some lulz.

(I swear to God, if I see people start flaming in this thread, I might be forced to make someone pay the piper, I'm sick of that shit)

Senior
12 Jun 2008, 05:31am
was any democrat ever elected ^?

if not they might still be waiting for their change :mellow:

LegalSmash
12 Jun 2008, 06:27am
Democrats are big on promises of entitlement programs to "uplift" the poor on the dime of the middle class. Then they dont make it happen, then they get voted out.

Yea, they ask for a LOT of your spare change.

There hasnt been an actually successful, well liked, non controversial president since Roosevelt and Truman.

Red
12 Jun 2008, 09:03am
They vote democrat because it makes them feel good to hear that they'll tax the richers more.

Poor people are poor because they're lazy, not because someone else has been holding them back. We've practically guaranteed college admissions to all dumbasses as long as they're minorities. If they still don't go to school that's their fault.

There are plenty of people from poor background who worked hard to make it.

LegalSmash
12 Jun 2008, 09:07am
They vote democrat because it makes them feel good to hear that they'll tax the richers more.

Poor people are poor because they're lazy, not because someone else has been holding them back. We've practically guaranteed college admissions to all dumbasses as long as they're minorities. If they still don't go to school that's their fault.

There are plenty of people from poor background who worked hard to make it.

I did it.

Red
12 Jun 2008, 09:36am
You didn't really have it hard growing up remember?

That's what I hear from others on here.

Hialeah is the rich man's paradise after all.

Suri
12 Jun 2008, 11:09am
I am not from a Rich family at all. And grew up in a poor household. And I went to School and did something with my life. I am not Rich now, but I am also not poor. I do fine for myself, and can only get paid more from here out.

But I also have a issue with people that scream they are so poor, but all they do is sit on a couch and watch Springer. Get off you butt and do something with your life.

Demo's do try to prey on the Rich allot. Hello most of these people have allot of cash themselves. You really think they are going to do anything that takes the cash from their own pocket. Hell no. So keep on dreaming if you think a Demo that gets elected will do anything.

Red
12 Jun 2008, 11:37am
9 of the 12 Richest Senators are Democrats.

Wonder how that tax cut for the richest people passed..hmmmm

Good to know they represent the poor working man.

John Kerry, D-Massachusetts: $163,626,399
Herb Kohl, D-Wisconsin: $111,015,016
John Rockefeller, D -West Virginia: $81,648,018
Jon Corzine, D-New Jersey: $71,035,025
Dianne Feinstein, D-California: $26,377,109
Peter Fitzgerald, R-Illinois: $26,132,013
Frank Lautenberg, D-New Jersey $17,789,018
Bill Frist, R-Tennessee: $15,108,042
John Edwards, D-North Carolina: $12,844,029
Edward Kennedy, D-Massachusetts: $9,905,009
Jeff Bingaman, D-New Mexico: $7,981,015
Bob Graham, D-Florida: $7,691,052
Richard Shelby, R-Alabama: $7,085,012
Gordon Smith, R-Oregon: $6,429,011
Lincoln Chafee, R-Rhode Island: $6,296,010
Ben Nelson, D-Nebraska: $6,267,028
Lamar Alexander, R-Tennessee: $4,823,018
Mike DeWine, R-Ohio: $4,308,093
Mark Dayton, D-Minnesota: $3,974,037
Ben Campbell, R-Colorado: $3,165,007
Chuck Hagel, R-Nebraska: $2,963,013
Olympia Snowe, R-Maine: $2,955,037
James Talent, R-Missouri: $2,843,031
Arlen Specter, R-Pennsylvania: $2,045,016
Judd Gregg, R-New Hampshire: $1,916,026
John McCain, R-Arizona: $1,838,010
James Inhofe, R-Oklahoma: $1,570,043
John Warner, R-Virginia: $1,545,039
Kay Bailey Hutchison, R - Texas: $1,513,046
Mitch McConnell, R-Kentucky: $1,511,017
Harry Reid, D-Nevada: $1,500,040
Sam Brownback, R-Kansas: $1,491,018
Thomas Carper, D-Delaware: $1,482,017
Ted Stevens, R-Alaska: $1,417,013
Maria Cantwell, D-Washington: $1,264,999
Barbara Boxer, D-California: $1,172,003
Orrin Hatch, R-Utah: $1,086,023
Mary Landrieu, D-Louisiana: $1,080,014
Bill Nelson, D-Florida: $1,073,014
Charles Grassley, R-Iowa: $1,016,024

Itch
12 Jun 2008, 12:11pm
I am not from a Rich family at all. And grew up in a poor household. And I went to School and did something with my life. I am not Rich now, but I am also not poor. I do fine for myself, and can only get paid more from here out.

But I also have a issue with people that scream they are so poor, but all they do is sit on a couch and watch Springer. Get off you butt and do something with your life.

Demo's do try to prey on the Rich allot. Hello most of these people have allot of cash themselves. You really think they are going to do anything that takes the cash from their own pocket. Hell no. So keep on dreaming if you think a Demo that gets elected will do anything.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Red
12 Jun 2008, 12:17pm
Waiting for italian jew to interject with defense for said lazy poor people.

Italian Jew
12 Jun 2008, 03:31pm
Ummm...fuck you I wasn't...sorry to disappoint you

Maybe the poor working man should run for office...

LegalSmash
12 Jun 2008, 04:33pm
Maybe the poor working man should get a fucking job and do something besides take my cheese...

Repeat
12 Jun 2008, 04:37pm
Maybe the poor working man should get a fucking job and do something besides take my cheese...

I needed that LOL after work today. Long day. haha. Workin' my way up the corporate ladder! AMERICA FUCK YEAH

Red
12 Jun 2008, 04:44pm
here to save the mothafuckin day yeah

VirDeBello
12 Jun 2008, 04:53pm

lmao Whats cheese?

Italian Jew
12 Jun 2008, 05:09pm
Well, if they get elected, they have a job

They might even work less than those already in it who do nothing and are ineffective.

Hey, why not outsource our legislature? We'll save some monies! :w00t: Let's also get some homeless people because they are just like politicians...except for the smell. They might even work for squirrel meat...YAY!

They will do it for some..."change"! :rlol: Wow, that lame joke needs to fucking die (or is it still funny to the idiots?)

Red
12 Jun 2008, 06:34pm
I dunno, people still find the "Bush is stupid ROFLOMGWTFBBBW!@!#" joke as being funny and it's been 8 years

So the "change" joke should be good for a while longer.

Italian Jew
12 Jun 2008, 07:16pm
But Bush does multiple things stupid, Obama only says Change one way, but hundreds of times...:crying: I guess the comedians will need to get new material... (btw, Bush being stupid is no laughing matter...)

Who would be easier to make fun of, McCain or Obama? Would you rather have comedians impersonating an old white guy or a semi-old black guy? The repercussions of this election go further than you initially think, and I only thought our nation's future was at stake! :scared:

Red
12 Jun 2008, 07:21pm
The repercussions of this election go further than you initially think, and I only thought our nation's future was at stake! :scared:

No, I know exactly the repercussions of this election, which is why I'm terrified of a radical leftist or moderate leading this country in the current climate.

LegalSmash
12 Jun 2008, 08:19pm
Waiting for italian jew to interject with defense for said lazy poor people.

I cant HELP Mah SELF

Libjew:OmG....People like you ruin this world....all because George Bush is president, doesn't mean you can just challenge the conquest of an artist intended to provide what is needed in this world.....FUCK YOU ASSHOLE! How can you be so immature...Millions of Americans are torn apart from people like you...How would you feel if someone made fun of you, you reckless achievement of evil.....You need to shut the fuck up... you FUCKING ASSCUNT! FUCK YOU!

Thats my impression of Italian Jew

Repeat
12 Jun 2008, 08:57pm
There are a lot of people that think GWB is stupid. He may not be the most articulate man on camera, but he is far from stupid. I met him about three years ago, and after ten minutes of talking you could tell that he was a very personable, friendly and intelligent guy. You may not agree with his decisions, but that doesn't make him dumb.

M'yes. Yes, indeed.

Red
12 Jun 2008, 09:00pm
I've heard the same thing. He's not the best public speaker, but in private he's a lot better.

LitKey
12 Jun 2008, 09:16pm
There are a lot of people that think GWB is stupid. He may not be the most articulate man on camera, but he is far from stupid. I met him about three years ago, and after ten minutes of talking you could tell that he was a very personable, friendly and intelligent guy. You may not agree with his decisions, but that doesn't make him dumb.

M'yes. Yes, indeed.

Sweet, where did you meet him?

Italian Jew
12 Jun 2008, 10:52pm
I cant HELP Mah SELF

Libjew:OmG....People like you ruin this world....all because George Bush is president, doesn't mean you can just challenge the conquest of an artist intended to provide what is needed in this world.....FUCK YOU ASSHOLE! How can you be so immature...Millions of Americans are torn apart from people like you...How would you feel if someone made fun of you, you reckless achievement of evil.....You need to shut the fuck up... you FUCKING ASSCUNT! FUCK YOU!

Thats my impression of Italian Jew

Years of law school result in this...it appears D.C. law schools are the equivalent of 2nd grade recess everywhere else. It hurts my feelings, you trying to make fun of me...:crying:

(run's away crying)

EDIT: It appears Mr. Tampax has corrected me on the origins of Legal's law school thereby resulting in the changing of my statement. This makes more sense when you think of the political pundits in the area trying to put words in somebody's mouth humorously. I must say, D.C. does rub off on people...

phatman76
12 Jun 2008, 11:41pm
Years of law school result in this...it appears Florida law schools are the equivalent of 2nd grade recess everywhere else. It hurts my feelings, you trying to make fun of me...:crying:

(run's away crying)

Haha, run away lib :001_tt2:

nah but seriously, fuck dems and their demmy ways. They are all snakes in the grass. At least with a guy like Goldwater ya knew where ya stood (let's fucking nuke indochina!), as opposed to these change-centric freak jobs who feign solidarity but will only work to solidify their power and authority. The reason politics got so complicated and hard is cuz the gov't got to big. Let's get back to basics- the military, the postal service, the infrastructure, education, scaled back welfare/medicare, and regulation of goods/services.

The presiden't are only as good as they are knowledgeable, and if ya got too much to run you won't be good at anything...

Italian Jew
13 Jun 2008, 12:12am
I think the government fears the olden days where the south got pissy and almost ran off to run America Jr. Every conflict down the road whether it be a war of some kind or social revolution made the government think about how the states would want to react their own ways, so some way of either being uber patriotic or forceful would prevent a split from happening again. (or maybe something else to that effect)

I think we can shrink the government down once we stop getting involved in shit overseas. With the size and condition the US is today, it understandable to have a big government. We are currently outgrowing democracy which, if we want to keep democracy, means that we need to stop trying to expand. I never really liked our welfare/social security system (I know some of you dumbasses who thought I am a liberal are in disbelief...) and I know there are better ways of doing it, but in order to actually help our more people as I would love to see happen, it would be better now to limit both or get rid of one. If we removed ourselves from foreign theaters, our military would not require any increase in the budget and can stay where it is or possibly even lower it.

Obviously if anybody is interested in helping America's status, they should understand that spending for democratic programs and conservative programs would both need to be lowered so as to promote good faith among the parties and try and cut back to our basics as phatman put it. I would think that once we are back to basics, we can then decide can be improved upon the most. What I am trying to get at is a way to make the give and take that the democrats and republicans want as equal as possible so one ideology or the other doesn't fuck us over in the long run.

Is this middle ground too much to ask for some people?

Captain Colon
13 Jun 2008, 12:13am
i still don't even understand what the point of discussing politics is, it's worse than religion

Italian Jew
13 Jun 2008, 12:59am
Generally, discussing politics is beneficial and good when you have a bunch of scholars actually discussing things that might benefit the greater good. Discussions (they are really arguments) on the internet quickly turn into dick waving competitions and I largely prefer the former than the latter.

Politics is just religion with guns. It also hurts when you mix the two because it just adds more conflict to an already discordant world. Never give politicians a chance to argue over something. Like I said, it turns into a dick waving contest devoid of anything that can be gained from scholarly discussion.

Red
13 Jun 2008, 01:30am
Legal went to law school in D.C.

He grew up in Florida. Example of person working their way into monies, not expecting it for free.

Italian Jew
13 Jun 2008, 01:52am
1TKQcWEXSKU

Like this, but only with a peenor.

LegalSmash
13 Jun 2008, 08:05am
I think the government fears the olden days where the south got pissy and almost ran off to run America Jr. Every conflict down the road whether it be a war of some kind or social revolution made the government think about how the states would want to react their own ways, so some way of either being uber patriotic or forceful would prevent a split from happening again. (or maybe something else to that effect)

I think we can shrink the government down once we stop getting involved in shit overseas. With the size and condition the US is today, it understandable to have a big government. We are currently outgrowing democracy which, if we want to keep democracy, means that we need to stop trying to expand. I never really liked our welfare/social security system (I know some of you dumbasses who thought I am a liberal are in disbelief...) and I know there are better ways of doing it, but in order to actually help our more people as I would love to see happen, it would be better now to limit both or get rid of one. If we removed ourselves from foreign theaters, our military would not require any increase in the budget and can stay where it is or possibly even lower it.

Obviously if anybody is interested in helping America's status, they should understand that spending for democratic programs and conservative programs would both need to be lowered so as to promote good faith among the parties and try and cut back to our basics as phatman put it. I would think that once we are back to basics, we can then decide can be improved upon the most. What I am trying to get at is a way to make the give and take that the democrats and republicans want as equal as possible so one ideology or the other doesn't fuck us over in the long run.

Is this middle ground too much to ask for some people?

Im not surprised you think the Welfare/SSA needs to be reworked, but that doesnt change the fact that every comment you make here generally bleeds. As for needing large Govt, we dont, we need smaller, efficient govt, and we need less govt workers, this is achieved by undoing some of LBJ's bullshit great society measures, and bringing back accountability and work load quotas for govt employees, rather than "myspace time and pregnancy leave"

Captain Colon
13 Jun 2008, 10:16am
Generally, discussing politics is beneficial and good when you have a bunch of scholars actually discussing things that might benefit the greater good. Discussions (they are really arguments) on the internet quickly turn into dick waving competitions and I largely prefer the former than the latter.

Politics is just religion with guns. It also hurts when you mix the two because it just adds more conflict to an already discordant world. Never give politicians a chance to argue over something. Like I said, it turns into a dick waving contest devoid of anything that can be gained from scholarly discussion.
I've NEVER seen anyone discuss it in a "scholarly" fashion, even in an academic setting. At least with religion most people understand that everyone has different views, but when it comes to politics everyone's just fucking rabid, you can't even SUGGEST something that someone doesn't like without getting jumped. Just look at the name of this thread ffs.

PotshotPolka
13 Jun 2008, 12:41pm
I've NEVER seen anyone discuss it in a "scholarly" fashion, even in an academic setting. At least with religion most people understand that everyone has different views, but when it comes to politics everyone's just fucking rabid, you can't even SUGGEST something that someone doesn't like without getting jumped. Just look at the name of this thread ffs.

I believe parking violations deserve capital punishment.

Repeat
13 Jun 2008, 02:18pm

ffs, the name of a thread is part of the joke. this was a thread about a joke, ffs, ffs.

:001_wub::001_wub:

phatman76
13 Jun 2008, 11:36pm
Discussions (they are really arguments) on the internet quickly turn into dick waving competitions and I largely prefer the former than the latter.

Mine's bigger! :001_tt2:

but srsly, this thread degenerated so much faster than others normally do...

Italian, I like you, if it wasn't for you, it would just be me and legal sitting around patting ourselves on the backs for our incredible ingeniousness :cool:

LegalSmash
14 Jun 2008, 12:48am
I admit, I enjoy debating with you, no matter how juvenile it can get.

Italian Jew
14 Jun 2008, 01:09am
NO U R DUMB!!!! STOP HAXORING THESE ARGUMENTS NOOB!!!!!

:001_tt2:

Repeat
16 Jun 2008, 07:45pm
Sweet, where did you meet him?

We attended a Presidential Dinner thing. It was a meet and greet sorta deal. I was talking to him and the Secret Service wanted him to move on, but right before he walked away, I said

"So, Mr. President...was the Japanese Prime Minister a good singer?" and gave him a nudge with my elbow (this was the DAY the Japanese Prime Minister visited and they went to Elvis' House, and the PM was singing Elvis songs in one of the rooms, I saw it on the news before we left)

His face lit up, and he replied "You know Tyler, he wasn't that bad! Japanese politicians are usually pretty reserved, but this guy was a fire ball! He was singing and dancing, we had a really good time!" and he gave me a little elbow nudge back

"You sing with him at all, Mr. President?"

"Hahaha, yeah I did, a little bit! The news wouldn't show you that though because they don't like me much. Haha, you know how it is! (I really didn't, I'm not on the news much) You have a good one, Tyler, pleasure to meet you!"

And then the SS took him away. They didn't seem to like the elbow nudge I gave him at first though, haha.

I was pretty much awe-struck that the leader of the free world and I were having a "normal" conversation, and that he had paid attention and remembered my name. It was a really great experience.

Slavic
16 Jun 2008, 09:20pm
We attended a Presidential Dinner thing. It was a meet and greet sorta deal. I was talking to him and the Secret Service wanted him to move on, but right before he walked away, I said

"So, Mr. President...was the Japanese Prime Minister a good singer?" and gave him a nudge with my elbow (this was the DAY the Japanese Prime Minister visited and they went to Elvis' House, and the PM was singing Elvis songs in one of the rooms, I saw it on the news before we left)

His face lit up, and he replied "You know Tyler, he wasn't that bad! Japanese politicians are usually pretty reserved, but this guy was a fire ball! He was singing and dancing, we had a really good time!" and he gave me a little elbow nudge back

"You sing with him at all, Mr. President?"

"Hahaha, yeah I did, a little bit! The news wouldn't show you that though because they don't like me much. Haha, you know how it is! (I really didn't, I'm not on the news much) You have a good one, Tyler, pleasure to meet you!"

And then the SS took him away. They didn't seem to like the elbow nudge I gave him at first though, haha.

I was pretty much awe-struck that the leader of the free world and I were having a "normal" conversation, and that he had paid attention and remembered my name. It was a really great experience.

looks like someone's got a boy crush on Repeat.

Repeat
17 Jun 2008, 03:47pm
looks like someone's got a boy crush on Repeat.

*giggles* tee hee hee