PDA

View Full Version : Polling the community on MG

Prez
7 Jan 2015, 05:57pm
We're looking to see which server everyone who is interested in minigames would rather play on. Additionally, we want to see if you would play still if it were not on the game you'd rather play.

In the poll above there are 4 options that would cover the question:

a) CS:S, but would play on CS:GO
b) CS:S, would not play CS:GO
c) CS:GO, but would play CS:S
d) CS:GO, would not play CS:S

If you have any other comments please post them so we can get the best idea of what to do for you guys as possible.

Thanks!

BoM
7 Jan 2015, 06:04pm
MG without soccer spam for the love of god, it was all downhill after that.

capp'n
7 Jan 2015, 06:09pm
as long as you add better skins :)

nublife
7 Jan 2015, 06:36pm
Like bom said, the reason people were leaving it's because everytime we played mg, certain people (even me) always pick football. But the problem is that "football maps" are in multigame maps and we can't just remove a map just because there's football in it

Darnias
8 Jan 2015, 12:24am
The CS:GO scene will be always more productive than the CS:S will be right now. CS:S is pretty much dead game. Make CS:GO MG as soon as possible to get more people play on it. But still I voted third option.

WriteX
8 Jan 2015, 12:48am
I enjoyed MG on CS:S, but I'm having a hard time enjoying MG on CS:GO. It's just not the same.
It's like CS:GO's settings just makes it all so much less fun...
http://puu.sh/eee1X/95158643a2.jpg
...but I'm still pointing towards CS:GO. The sole reason being that CS:S is basically dead and we will have a much bigger chance populating the server on CS:GO if the server has the right maps. In my opinion, maps that were incredibly addicting on CS:S is nowhere near as fun on CS:GO. I'm talking about the maps where you swoop around and kill people, like mg_ski_mountain.

The only kind of CS:GO MG maps that I find enjoyable are the combat based ones.

Punky
8 Jan 2015, 12:58am
We all loved css mg, but it's time to leave the past, go with the flow and switch to csgo. SG without an mg server is not the same. I can't just stick to ze all the time :cry:

Sent from my bananaphone

Dirk
8 Jan 2015, 01:33am
The CSS server will be better but it will never hold a population anymore. CSGO is the only one that will work. And yeah, cut out the course maps and soccer. Spending that much time on soccer isn't fun and most of the course maps end up only being fun for the minority of people who are really good at them. I prefer maps where everyone gets to have fun and they are better for population.

Frosty
8 Jan 2015, 05:35am
CS:GO, just let CS:S die already.

Prez
9 Jan 2015, 10:01am
Ty for the feedback guys, it's really helpful and gives me/us a better idea of how to go forward. We're working hard on making the CS:GO server as good as possible, and from your comments here I'll make sure to keep them in mind when working with Bread, Octa and the others involved. When the server's back up I'll start work on it again and keep everyone posted via the changelog. :)

EDIT: And if you ever have any comments, feedback or ideas please feel free to PM me on the forums or steam, or talk to Bread, Octa, Vick or ShoieP as we're all working on the server together.

Indeed
11 Jan 2015, 10:11am
To be honest I don't even know why are you having this poll. First of all I've gotta say that I haven't played on SG for a while now, but is your CSS MG server really doing so bad that you are even considering transistion to CS GO? MiniGame wise Cs go is inferior in any way compared to Css, the lack of proper bhopping being the main concern.

Also last time I checked you didn't have a timer on MG. That is absolutely crucial for success. I hope you don't mess this up and if you decide to move MG to Cs go, please make a course only server to Css.

Just some thoughts from a Mg veteran.

high rws
11 Jan 2015, 11:12am
css is dead

Indeed
11 Jan 2015, 04:17pm
css is dead
Far from it. Maybe the scene ain't doing that good in the US but I haven't seen any major decay on european servers.

Right now CS GO is definitely the better game for competitive play. But CSS is the king of mods for sure.

Wawa
11 Jan 2015, 04:28pm
CS:S MG will regain popularity in the summer time, just like it always does. It won't be as popular as previous summer times, but it will be populated.

high rws
11 Jan 2015, 04:38pm
Far from it. Maybe the scene ain't doing that good in the US but I haven't seen any major decay on european servers.

Right now CS GO is definitely the better game for competitive play. But CSS is the king of mods for sure.

far from it?

http://i.imgur.com/skcLfVo.png

BoM
11 Jan 2015, 05:05pm
far from it?

http://i.imgur.com/skcLfVo.png

CSGO basically crushes every other game besides Dota 2 right now, including CSS.

There is still an average of 13,000 players [give or take] in the last 30 days, with it being 1,000 players up [9%] in the last 30 days.

Something I think you and a fuckton of other people are missing:

July 2012 27,969.5 47,909
last30Days 12,944.5 24,519

Sooo in the last two years, two years that our servers still remained popular, the population of CSS as a whole has been cut in half. In no way is CSS dead, and if we were to actually cater to our CSS population that doesn't wanna go to CSGO [especially for MG cause CSGO MG sucks] then maybe we could dominate the CSS scene and CSGO scene. We only need 30-50 of those players on a given day to even give a fuck about our CSS servers, and maybe not even that many.

The comparison between CSGO and CSS population is pointless and worthless, because the competitive feature gives heavy favor to CSGO, yet there are probably only a quarter of them [so 50,000 roughly] that would play on our CSGO servers, if that. Idk if CSS population has every stood up to CSGO population to be honest, site doesn't go that far back.

high rws
11 Jan 2015, 06:56pm
CSGO basically crushes every other game besides Dota 2 right now, including CSS.

There is still an average of 13,000 players [give or take] in the last 30 days, with it being 1,000 players up [9%] in the last 30 days.

Something I think you and a fuckton of other people are missing:

July 2012 27,969.5 47,909
last30Days 12,944.5 24,519

Sooo in the last two years, two years that our servers still remained popular, the population of CSS as a whole has been cut in half. In no way is CSS dead, and if we were to actually cater to our CSS population that doesn't wanna go to CSGO [especially for MG cause CSGO MG sucks] then maybe we could dominate the CSS scene and CSGO scene. We only need 30-50 of those players on a given day to even give a fuck about our CSS servers, and maybe not even that many.

The comparison between CSGO and CSS population is pointless and worthless, because the competitive feature gives heavy favor to CSGO, yet there are probably only a quarter of them [so 50,000 roughly] that would play on our CSGO servers, if that. Idk if CSS population has every stood up to CSGO population to be honest, site doesn't go that far back.

the 9% increase can be attributed to steam sales

if you guys want to cater to a non-existent css population, be my guest. despite the inherent competitive nature of csgo there are still dozens upon dozens of full servers (including sg's ze) that speak volumes about how much potential the mod community has on that game. it doesn't have the bells and whistles that source does but this is a given considering source has been around for 11 years and GO has only been popular since roughly 2013.

i can see why some people might want to hang on to css but it's clear that cs go should be the main focus of this community

Wawa
11 Jan 2015, 09:39pm
Know your target markets. That is all.