PDA

View Full Version : Lower weapon volume instead of mute

Agent_Wesker
3 Jan 2015, 03:40pm
Found this on sourcemod, wonder if we can try it - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=180870?t=180870

I personally always have !stopsound turned on but if this works its a viable alternative.

Punky
3 Jan 2015, 03:53pm
I can't play with !stopsound on, I just feel like no one is shooting, but that plugin is sure worth trying out if it works. If yes it's going to be glorious.

BlackWhite
3 Jan 2015, 03:59pm
I agreed about the suggestion, i felt so weird eith no gun sounds but i dont want to heard multiple smgs shooting at my ears.

Bdcoll
3 Jan 2015, 04:19pm
Weapon sounds are way, way to loud to even hear people on the mic correctly, and playing with stopsounds enabled is just weird.

If this could be implemented, that would be amazing.

ShoieP
3 Jan 2015, 04:25pm
Weapon sounds are way, way to loud to even hear people on the mic correctly, and playing with stopsounds enabled is just weird.

If this could be implemented, that would be amazing.

^

Paul
4 Jan 2015, 01:17pm
That's not the complete code we would need, from looking at it that just lowers everyone's weapon sounds as opposed to individuals.

Might be worth posting on that thread on allied modders to see if someone can edit the script to do that or see if MPQC can take a quick look to see if its possible.

Gator
4 Jan 2015, 01:28pm
That's not the complete code we would need, from looking at it that just lowers everyone's weapon sounds as opposed to individuals.

Might be worth posting on that thread on allied modders to see if someone can edit the script to do that or see if MPQC can take a quick look to see if its possible.

I'm pretty sure it would be possible because with the radio plugin on CSS, you can set the individual volume of the radio. Wouldn't it be the same concept?

SpikedRocker
5 Jan 2015, 05:35pm

Agreed, this bit of code is not fully something we'd want to use as it is a global thing that players couldn't control. There was discussions that you could do it client side but it did not elaborate. The thread itself is a bit old may want to see if there's a more up-to-date discussion on this topic.