PDA

View Full Version : Reducing Zombies' Movement Speed

HiTMAN_
2 Jan 2015, 01:44am
In CSS you used to be able to run with your pistols while shooting the zombies and still be as fast as them, thus holding them off and making the map easier.

But with the current settings in the CSGO Server you can't even take out your pistols for a few seconds without those fast zombies instantly infecting you, which makes most maps really difficult. In the CSGO server all you can do now is run with your knife without shooting the zombies at all. And even if you run with your knife, the fast zombies are STILL faster than you, this is just stupid, since ZE requires the CTS to shoot while running.

Also in CSS, when you ran with pistols you were as fast as someone running with a knife.
But in CSGO running with pistols makes you slower(240 velo)(running with knife -> 250 velo)

edit: As some have mentioned making people run faster with pistols would be a better solution than reducing the zombies' speed, my bad messed up the title

Bdcoll
2 Jan 2015, 08:24am
I both agree and disagree.

As a human, its a pain in the ass when your stuck covering at the back with just pistols.

As a zombie, its a pain in the ass when your stuck not able to catch up to the humans as they are too fast.

Personally, I feel the solution is less about changing the speed of running, and more about encouraging more people to defend as a rearguard.

BlackWhite
2 Jan 2015, 08:37am
In css, more people willing to stay behind and cover some people to reach the holding point while those people in front cover them when they reach the hold point. In csgo, every one just try to out run the zombies by not shooting them and stare at the door. We neeed actual teamwork, not just set them to be slower to outrun them and shoot them back at the holdpoint with AWPs.

Just my two cent but i dont think we need to change the setting but the mindset of people. Some people also need to learn to listen when someone said hold the zombie here.

Paralyzed
2 Jan 2015, 09:05am
They seem significant faster compared to the zombies in CS:S indeed, but that still shouldn't be a problem because of the reasons mentioned in the posts above. What I've personally noticed (don't know if this is a client-sided issue) is that only the first zombie that gets infected let's out a scream (so that it makes you aware that there is one) but any other person that gets infected, the scream(sound) remains silenced and 9 out of the 10 times people don't even seem to be aware that there are zombies right nearby them. But then again, they should check their back regularly to avoid being surprised; however this is just a minor thing that I've noticed, and upon being fixed it could/will possibly raise peoples awareness more often.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
2 Jan 2015, 11:31am
these 2 posts are the reasons zombie server was/is a succes...when people don't do these things then its hopeless.
Its better to try and take controle with a few people to make an example how you should play zombie escape.

Mostly it works. Just needs a good leader to show the way

BlackWhite
2 Jan 2015, 03:26pm
So er when should the veteran from zombie murder show them how to do this escape :biggrin:

WickedZealot
2 Jan 2015, 03:34pm
Between this and how the Zombie spawns... all that is needed is team-work. It's as if most people on lately have never played ZE or crappy versions of such. There is a reason why we do good servers, and here is a perfect example - more teamwork, more experienced players helping the new ones understand what ZE is about, how to play it, etc. I don't see anything here that needs to be changed in this regard.

There is reasons to change something if it is needed but in the end, this is something that is easy to overcome with a little bit of common sense (ie, zombie spawns or is chasing you.. turn around & shoot the fecker!!! not run forward hoping to outrun them or not calling for team mates to help you as it only takes a few players with the knockback to hold zombies very easy).

Turtlefiish
2 Jan 2015, 03:39pm
more experienced players helping the new ones understand what ZE is about, how to play it.

This is rather difficult, can't really hold E inside a vending machine on the top floor-corner of panic nowadays...

Z3r0 M4ni4c
2 Jan 2015, 03:44pm
Between this and how the Zombie spawns... all that is needed is team-work. It's as if most people on lately have never played ZE or crappy versions of such. There is a reason why we do good servers, and here is a perfect example - more teamwork, more experienced players helping the new ones understand what ZE is about, how to play it, etc. I don't see anything here that needs to be changed in this regard.

There is reasons to change something if it is needed but in the end, this is something that is easy to overcome with a little bit of common sense (ie, zombie spawns or is chasing you.. turn around & shoot the fecker!!! not run forward hoping to outrun them or not calling for team mates to help you as it only takes a few players with the knockback to hold zombies very easy).

So er when should the veteran from zombie murder show them how to do this escape :biggrin:

Agree with what wicked says....
But Blackwhite not only veteran zombie players can fix it....when people dont listen it wont help! some people do and then it can help when younger people help with the veterans others follow!

And some of the veterans dont have the energy anymore to keep reminding people to help.

WickedZealot
2 Jan 2015, 03:46pm
Not saying it's easy but the last thing we want is a boring server. I would make it even harder for Humans than it currently is .. they got it too good. However there is a balance there it seems as we got far more noobs than normal (which is actually great as it makes it kinda fun watching folks experience some maps for the first time and all the mistakes that goes with it again).

Turtle, you and me, we will teach them the art of war.

WickedZealot
2 Jan 2015, 03:47pm
Agree with what wicked says....
But Blackwhite not only veteran zombie players can fix it....when people dont listen it wont help! some people do and then it can help when younger people help with the veterans others follow!

And some of the veterans dont have the energy anymore to keep reminding people to help.

I do understand and seen it myself, however if we make it to easy then, if we let it happen - after a short while those players will give out how dry the gameplay is ... it's like handing them a cheat page to allow them effortlessly progress - sounds great but in reality ruins the fun. ZE is to be hard, real hard and exciting - Run Bitches Run! after all =) (while looking behind you to shoot the dame zombies!)

Punky
3 Jan 2015, 04:59am
No one said it's going to be easy ;/ CSGO community is a "special" community as CSS one was way more mature (mainly because game was pretty old). Whenever I'm on the server I try to communicate via mic to tell these people what to do,ask for help with defending, even when there's no shouting, but silence for a bit, still no one gives a fuck and runs away ;( Obviously it's going to take a BIT of time, but we have to do what we can. As for today i guess a minor thing, that may be really effective, especially with new players is to spawn with a pre defined set of weapons (bizon as it lets shooting with decent accuracy while running + dual elittes + ofc nade), because some people don't know !zmarket and stuff, also maybe some tips in visible color about playing ZE.

Agent_Wesker
3 Jan 2015, 09:07am
Once people learn to work together this won't really be an issue anymore.

However I still think knockback should have some tweaks here and there. Currently zombies appear to have no knockback to being flung across the map where as it should be somewhere in between. I suggest the following changes:

Restrict rifles such as awp completely (these players dont help the team)
Lower knife knockback 50%
Change speed of pistol to match knife for humans

Paul
3 Jan 2015, 09:26am
In CSS pistols and knifes had the same velocity when running, for us to be able to set pistols to have the same veloicty as a knife (250) in csgo we would need someone to write a custom plugin to set this. And I don't know anyone who would write this for us.

Darnias
3 Jan 2015, 10:27am
Some climb servers have movement speed 250 even with pistols, worth a try looking into kz plugins?

Edit: change "sv_accelerate_use_weapon_speed" to 0 so you dont speed up like a fucking snail.

Paul
4 Jan 2015, 01:24pm
Pistols running speed has now been matched to that of the knife running speed.

There maybe a slight difference (really minor) in the speed but all in all pistols are now worth having out at all times when running.

Eskomo
4 Jan 2015, 08:49pm
when i was playing earlier it seemed like the pistol move speed was actually higher than the knife now.

I was able to overtake people running with their knives out while I had a pistol out.

Punky
5 Jan 2015, 07:35am
when i was playing earlier it seemed like the pistol move speed was actually higher than the knife now.

I was able to overtake people running with their knives out while I had a pistol out.

Yes, but we can treat it as a reward for those who run with pistols out.

BlackWhite
5 Jan 2015, 09:21am
Yes, but we can treat it as a reward for those who run with pistols out.

run with pistol but stare at door anyway