PDA

View Full Version : ZE going good

Z3r0 M4ni4c
30 Dec 2014, 05:15am
Well instead of reading threads about the fail of the server we can make a positive thread aswell.

The server is finally going the right direction.

Its now ranking 609th and climbing to the top 100.

Dont forget last friday it was 1169th or something.
Keep populating the server, Keep refreshing the mapcycle and SG will become populair again :thumb:

Glad to see the hard work is getting rewarded :)

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.91.116.98:27016/b_560_95_1.png (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.91.116.98:27016/)

Just a :thumb: up :)

Punky
30 Dec 2014, 05:40am
It would be even better if we could deal somehow with some terrible people from csgo community, but I am happy that it was populated for quite a while. Hopefully it will get only better !

Jazz
30 Dec 2014, 05:42am
We have 2 AOs working on the server + lots of knowledgeable SA's nowadays. So maybe thats been the key. I'm glad we are doing good and hope we can become #1 again!

Bdcoll
30 Dec 2014, 05:42am
Don't curse it damn it!

That being said, it is looking good that whatever populated it this past weekend, appears to have got people to notice it exists and populate. Double the usual population of 16-17 last night to 35.

Now just wish GO would be fixed so we can actually see names of players, and a better voice chat box -_-

Paralyzed
30 Dec 2014, 06:49am
Followed the gametracker last night and it was up to 55 players most of the time. Keep up the good work folks!

ExileD
30 Dec 2014, 08:01am
Pretty much always when I check the server it has at least 30 peoples playing, keep up the good work!

Paul
30 Dec 2014, 02:54pm
Good to see for a change. Shame there is nothing in place for regulars on that server to be able to get admin though without having to spend 12 months on the forums.

IMO you need to find the regulars on there and fast track them through to admin if they are worthy.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
30 Dec 2014, 03:03pm
Yeah i dont know if there is something else to message admins except finding regulars.

But i thought the community could use a Positive Thread and heads up aswell after several negative....

So guys keep up the good work :thumb:

and refresh the maplist please with new and dump out the old overplayed :)

BlackWhite
30 Dec 2014, 10:02pm
We just need some admin sometimes at ZE and let some people too add them =p.

Good to see ZE is getting more popular. Alpha squad! Reassemble!

vorter
30 Dec 2014, 10:05pm
Good to see it's buzzing after all these years

Daze
31 Dec 2014, 02:49am
ZERO MANIAC STRAIGHT TELLIN EM

Z3r0 M4ni4c
31 Dec 2014, 03:42am
LEGEN.....................Wait for it....................
.................................................. .............
.................................................. .....DARY

Zaraki
31 Dec 2014, 04:11am
LEGEN.....................Wait for it....................
.................................................. .....DARY

And I thought it was the ending that killed How I Met Your Mother ;)

Bdcoll
31 Dec 2014, 04:48am
Oh wow. After another night of being mostly full, the server jumped to 372nd from 609th

Z3r0 M4ni4c
31 Dec 2014, 04:51am
and as higher the server ranks as more people will join the zombie server.
but don't forget more fags and idiots join too.

Punky
31 Dec 2014, 05:03am
and as higher the server ranks as more people will join the zombie server.
but don't forget more fags and idiots join too.

True and we gotta take care of them somehow, but without seeing their names, when the server has a lot of people, makes it a tough job.
Also better server rank = more good players join (hopefully).

Paul
31 Dec 2014, 03:18pm
Made a few quality of life changes which should make things slightly easier to communicate with teammates.

- Mic icons should now appear above the players head who is talking (you would previously only be able to see it if they were on your team). This is courtesy of WickedZealots 5 euro's!
- Players custom skins will now get applied to weapons bought through the zmarket menu and also ones which spawn in maps.
- You can now see everyone's name by hovering your crosshair over them.
- When pressing 'F' this will now enable the weapon animation as well as the usual flashlight.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
31 Dec 2014, 03:28pm
Thanks for the update Paul... already noticed the Pressing "F" option :)

PingPong
31 Dec 2014, 05:36pm
Made a few quality of life changes which should make things slightly easier to communicate with teammates.

- Mic icons should now appear above the players head who is talking (you would previously only be able to see it if they were on your team). This is courtesy of WickedZealots 5 euro's!
- Players custom skins will now get applied to weapons bought through the zmarket menu and also ones which spawn in maps.
- You can now see everyone's name by hovering your crosshair over them.
- When pressing 'F' this will now enable the weapon animation as well as the usual flashlight.
I can't even begin to explain how amazing these changes are for players and admins.
Not being able to see players name was such a hassle to try and find players teamkilling or being assholes in general.
<3 Paul

high rws
31 Dec 2014, 06:02pm
45 ppl on atm maybe 60 tonight

not bad lol

Bdcoll
1 Jan 2015, 03:56am
Sitting pretty on 230th. If you had told me 2 weeks ago that our ZE server would be that high a rank, with 45+ players when active and be self populating for the most part, I would have called you insane.

So instead, I just want to say thanks to everyone involved with getting it where it is. From those responsible for setting it up, through to those who populate it, and everyone inbetween :D

Paul
1 Jan 2015, 05:14am
Posting this here instead of making another thread.

//UPDATED TO LATEST VERSION
ze_boacceho_p4
ze_death_star_escape_v4_3_p2
ze_dust_escape_p3
ze_ffvii_mako_reactor_p8
ze_gods_wrath_p2
ze_lotr_helms_deep_v5_p6
ze_minecraft_v1_1_p3
ze_potc_p3
ze_shroomforest_v3_p3
ze_siberia_1990_v1_2c_p5
ze_sst_b2_1_p5
ze_surf_danger_p2
ze_voodoo_islands_v8_5_p4
ze_winter_p3
ze_zk_fapescape_p3

//TO TEST
ze_unknow_escape_v2_5
ze_exchange_innovation_v1b

//ADDED
ze_crashbandicoot_v1_p2
ze_crypt_v1_3
ze_dangerous_waters_v1g_05
ze_grand_boat_escape_day_v4_3_pm2
ze_mirrors_edge_v2_go_pf_final
ze_raccoon_facility_v6b

//NOT ADDING
ze_cursed_ruins_v2 - OP box jump
ze_Pirates_Port_Royal_v3_5fix - Crashing clients
ze_nostromo_v1_0b - wasnt a good map.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
1 Jan 2015, 05:53am
Nice one Paul was fun testing on new years eve

Agent_Wesker
1 Jan 2015, 09:47pm
Server really needs a voice chat policy. When the admins aren't on kids are constantly screaming and everyone is trying to talk over each other. Apparently since local mute doesn't work it makes some people want to leave.

Aside from that everything else is going great.

BlackWhite
1 Jan 2015, 09:57pm
Where is our ZE admins?

Liam Brown
1 Jan 2015, 10:03pm
Server really needs a voice chat policy. When the admins aren't on kids are constantly screaming and everyone is trying to talk over each other. Apparently since local mute doesn't work it makes some people want to leave.

tbh we just need more admins that play regularly, because a lot of the time even when the server has 40 or 50+ players there are just no admins on.

Eskomo
1 Jan 2015, 11:29pm
tbh we just need more admins that play regularly, because a lot of the time even when the server has 40 or 50+ players there are just no admins on.

I nominate Liam Brown for admin I've seen you on quite a bit and I know you would do well :)

As for other new people, we need to just look out for potential people and add em.

Bread
1 Jan 2015, 11:52pm

Liam2015

Bdcoll
2 Jan 2015, 04:43am
138th :D

An entire week ago it was 1169th.

That is amazing :D

Tsuna
2 Jan 2015, 06:48am
I'm glad the server is doing so well :D!

Labarr
2 Jan 2015, 06:49am
Glad to see all the hard work pay off :) Thanks for keeping at it!

Nuclear Onion
2 Jan 2015, 07:35am
Liam2015
#liamstrong

Z3r0 M4ni4c
2 Jan 2015, 11:33am
I nominate Liam Brown for admin I've seen you on quite a bit and I know you would do well :)

As for other new people, we need to just look out for potential people and add em.

you just need people from different timezones :)
and fresh people that are mostly on the server :)

WickedZealot
2 Jan 2015, 03:40pm
Liam2015

Agreed, Liam + ZE = Win

Paul
2 Jan 2015, 07:43pm
So after playing on the server over the past few days, the main problem at the moment that I see is that there are a lot of new people who don't know how to play. If you get a few idiots in there who start shouting bad commands on purpose like "go this way" even though that takes you back to spawn or having zombies shouting "Fall back now" when you shouldn't. It makes it 10x harder for these people to learn how to play the maps, and they figure that the map is "bad" even though it isn't, they just at being led down the wrong path.

Players need to learn to shoot zombies and not just run with a knife out and assume that others will shoot the zombies back/ break doors and walls that need to be shot. I was a zombie and saw 12 CT's run into a door that required shooting, they just stood at the door with knifes out (this was 10 rounds into the map so they knew it required shooting) expecting others to shoot the door.

Pistols = 240 velocity & knifes = 250 velocity. It won't make a massive difference as its only 10 velocity but I would really love to set pistols to have the same run velocity as the knife. This way people may actually shoot zombies when running, rather than just tunnel vision running with a knife as they may realise through word of mouth (or server ad) that you run just as fast with a knife as you do with pistols.

Really need more admins on the server as it gets out of control at times. Pan suggested that we should potentially look at server only admin with a view to applying for full admin at a later stage. Not only will this allow us to fast track some new admins through to have admin on ZE only but it is almost as a pre-screening to see if they are worthy of full admin rights.

We should look at setting up some events to beat certain maps, but this will require the old guard players who know how to play. This will give the new players an insight into how things should be done when you use teamwork and strategies.

/rant

BoM
2 Jan 2015, 07:47pm
So after playing on the server over the past few days, the main problem at the moment that I see is that there are a lot of new people who don't know how to play. If you get a few idiots in there who start shouting bad commands on purpose like "go this way" even though that takes you back to spawn or having zombies shouting "Fall back now" when you shouldn't. It makes it 10x harder for these people to learn how to play the maps, and they figure that the map is "bad" even though it isn't, they just at being led down the wrong path.

Players need to learn to shoot zombies and not just run with a knife out and assume that others will shoot the zombies back/ break doors and walls that need to be shot. I was a zombie and saw 12 CT's run into a door that required shooting, they just stood at the door with knifes out (this was 10 rounds into the map so they knew it required shooting) expecting others to shoot the door.

Pistols = 240 velocity & knifes = 250 velocity. It won't make a massive difference as its only 10 velocity but I would really love to set pistols to have the same run velocity as the knife. This way people may actually shoot zombies when running, rather than just tunnel vision running with a knife as they may realise through word of mouth (or server ad) that you run just as fast with a knife as you do with pistols.

Really need more admins on the server as it gets out of control at times. Pan suggested that we should potentially look at server only admin with a view to applying for full admin at a later stage. Not only will this allow us to fast track some new admins through to have admin on ZE only but it is almost as a pre-screening to see if they are worthy of full admin rights.

We should look at setting up some events to beat certain maps, but this will require the old guard players who know how to play. This will give the new players an insight into how things should be done when you use teamwork and strategies.

/rant

The admin system is being slightly reworked to allow for newer members as our servers are expanding rapidly and a lot of the players in them are brand new/not admins. There are also people being put in place specifically for ZE to help recruit new admins and make the server not just full of randoms. Give us a few days to work out the details plox.

WickedZealot
2 Jan 2015, 08:02pm

/rant

Yes =)
And yes it's kinda cool that it is fresh for so many - let's embrace these players that stick around, that continue to play here and time will tell. The next few months is vital to keep the population up as it can be a dry period - so keep it up. Otherwise Paul is spot on and lets keep being fluid with the new community building as that is what it is.

Liam Brown
2 Jan 2015, 11:50pm
It does seem to be crashing more frequently atm, especially when there are lots of players.

HiTMAN_
3 Jan 2015, 03:24am

That's exactly what I meant in this thread http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58718
Imo it should definitely be changed

Bdcoll
4 Jan 2015, 04:25am
Geez. Other than crashing its not been unpopulated since New Years Eve.

Thats gone and made the server 65th in rankings :D

Paul
4 Jan 2015, 06:47am
Had to remove the settag/ colors plugin due to this crashing the server when you exceed a character limit.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
4 Jan 2015, 07:06am
so i lost my tag and my awesome legendary purple chat color :(

Bdcoll
4 Jan 2015, 07:09am
Think of it this way. You lost your tag and chat color. You gained a stable ZE server.

Punky
4 Jan 2015, 07:22am
Think of it this way. You lost your tag and chat color. You gained a stable ZE server.

I have enough game crashes, don't want server crashes going along with these

Bdcoll
4 Jan 2015, 07:28am
Come back to me when you can alt+tab and remain in the game :P

Punky
4 Jan 2015, 07:33am

True :D But my game likes to crash from time to time without alt tabbing

Pan32
4 Jan 2015, 08:59am

If thats too big of an issue, play in windowed mode.

I've tried to fix all the bugs I knew from the logs (except chattag which causes a memory leak and crashes the server), so if a crash happends, it's *most likely* connected to a map issue.

Darnias
4 Jan 2015, 10:38am

Try "cl_forcepreload 1" and "sv_forcepreload 1" it might help you have it set to 0.

Bdcoll
4 Jan 2015, 10:52am
I'll give that a try Darnias :D

On a slightly related note, can anyone point me to either the person who made Ze_Random, or the Mapping contest thread. I know it came from this community, and I'm considering porting it over correctly for GO (with appropriate SG server advertising :P)

Bread
4 Jan 2015, 11:16am
On a slightly related note, can anyone point me to either the person who made Ze_Random, or the Mapping contest thread. I know it came from this community, and I'm considering porting it over correctly for GO (with appropriate SG server advertising :P)

http://web-beta.archive.org/web/20121023135249/http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/community-announcements/54224-mapping-competition-voting-time.html
and this guy made it: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979522502

Darnias
4 Jan 2015, 12:21pm
Csgo version of ze_random is already on gamebanana (http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/180709). Ofc this korean guy cant port and its really bad port, since its 150mb.

Prez
4 Jan 2015, 12:34pm
http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.91.116.98:27016/b_560_95_1.png

65th, good work everyone!

Z3r0 M4ni4c
4 Jan 2015, 12:44pm
Yep, we need to keep fill the server up everyday in every timezone people are.
Today i did on my side in the afternoon with some fellow friends and admins.
Was fun as hell and we should keep it up that way.

We should beat the number 2 server Zombie Escape that should be our goal!
So lets do this!

Punky
4 Jan 2015, 12:52pm
#1 DUH

Paralyzed
4 Jan 2015, 05:12pm
Been really enjoying ZE again so far. :)

Bdcoll
5 Jan 2015, 06:04am
Thanks for the links Bread :D

Its weird but I had lost all interest in ZE from all servers. Thought it to be overplayed, mostly terrible maps etc. But I've been on the server quite a bit recently, even playing maps I hate (Mako, PoTC), so we must be doing something right to attract people :D

All of this means the server is 51st, and right now has 20/60, when by all rights, it would normally be dead.

BlackEagle
5 Jan 2015, 06:34am
Thanks for the links Bread :D

Its weird but I had lost all interest in ZE from all servers. Thought it to be overplayed, mostly terrible maps etc. But I've been on the server quite a bit recently, even playing maps I hate (Mako, PoTC), so we must be doing something right to attract people :D

All of this means the server is 51st, and right now has 20/60, when by all rights, it would normally be dead.
What he said! I've been playing it a lot recently and it's been a ton of fun. I have noticed a lot of regular names on daily and even some older members making a return. Keep up the good work!

BlackWhite
5 Jan 2015, 06:55am
I am recording videos from ZE to put up on youtube, so people will start advertasing (probally) and i going to record every thing and maybe make a complication of fails in ZE. But i need some help for editing ^^;

Z3r0 M4ni4c
5 Jan 2015, 06:59am
Blackwhite i can share 2 or 3 records i also did on ZE than you have more material. With on the last record a zombie fail! was funny lol.

Everybody should record when playing ZE the more material the better film we can make. (only i don't know shit about editing :( )

Also @ black eagle....it helps that regulars keep comming back...you can make it as funny as it gets.
Take Cookie shark and cole for instance. Put those 2 together and you have an instant comedy.

Also old members attract the old regulars too... when everybody invites friends to the server you get more advertisement instantly! so keep it up guys :thumb:

Punky
5 Jan 2015, 07:25am
I am recording videos from ZE to put up on youtube, so people will start advertasing (probally) and i going to record every thing and maybe make a complication of fails in ZE. But i need some help for editing ^^;

I guess floffy can take up on this job. He is really good at this stuff.

SideArmSavage
5 Jan 2015, 09:08am
Glad to see the ZE server has come back to life. I hope we can also boost up our other CS:GO servers to help our community grow even more.

BlackWhite
5 Jan 2015, 09:24am
Blackwhite i can share 2 or 3 records i also did on ZE than you have more material. With on the last record a zombie fail! was funny lol.

Everybody should record when playing ZE the more material the better film we can make. (only i don't know shit about editing :( )

Also @ black eagle....it helps that regulars keep comming back...you can make it as funny as it gets.
Take Cookie shark and cole for instance. Put those 2 together and you have an instant comedy.

Also old members attract the old regulars too... when everybody invites friends to the server you get more advertisement instantly! so keep it up guys :thumb:

pm me your email, so you can upload the file on mediafire. (put your name on it so you get credit.) I would need floffy email too =p

Punky
5 Jan 2015, 09:50am
Glad to see the ZE server has come back to life. I hope we can also boost up our other CS:GO servers to help our community grow even more.

ZE is a priority for now, as it's still not sure if it will stay that for long. Let's make sure ZE is in stable place, then we can try to do the same with other servers.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
5 Jan 2015, 10:53am
pm me your email, so you can upload the file on mediafire. (put your name on it so you get credit.) I would need floffy email too =p

I'll pm you my email soon

ZE is a priority for now, as it's still not sure if it will stay that for long. Let's make sure ZE is in stable place, then we can try to do the same with other servers.

I agree with you in this one. ZE-server is going great and the main point is to keep it stable and filled all time of the day 24/7 then concentrate on other servers. Better to have one good running server than 2 or 3 meh servers

WickedZealot
5 Jan 2015, 11:20am

Spot on, it will take months - if ZE gets to Summer at it's current population and position with 24/7 gaming always on then it is safe to say we have returned in full force as SG had for many years in the past. Don't sit back, don't become complacent someone else will join - this community is yours, keep it up!

Prez
5 Jan 2015, 11:59pm
http://puu.sh/e8G0d/1cf3781c7d.png

Good work everyone, let's keep pushing and make sure the server stays populated throughout the new year! :)

Bdcoll
6 Jan 2015, 03:57am
Meh its only 38th. What a failure of a server!

Z3r0 M4ni4c
6 Jan 2015, 05:21am
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i think someone deserves a !bitchslap command here.

20 december server ranked 1169th!
6 januari server ranked 38th!

GTFO bdcoll :wink:

Punky
6 Jan 2015, 06:18am
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i think someone deserves a !bitchslap command here.

20 december server ranked 1169th!
6 januari server ranked 38th!

GTFO bdcoll :wink:

17 Days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8EMndSFFMk

Z3r0 M4ni4c
6 Jan 2015, 06:28am
17 Days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8EMndSFFMk

Make it -7 the startup of "The Rise of ZE on SG" was set on 27th of december as i know see on the chart

Z3r0 M4ni4c
7 Jan 2015, 03:19am
Double post but fuck it!

We are 29TH now.
So good job on the population of the server but we need more of this.

Moment of writing this post we only have 2 players in the server we need way more.

Bdcoll
8 Jan 2015, 07:53am
Oh ZE. What have those mean server outages done to you. You've gone down in rankings for the first time in a fortnight!

Down to 30th :(

Z3r0 M4ni4c
8 Jan 2015, 07:55am
Bdcoll we will get ZE back in action when the server is stable. There currently tweaking the server, what i have been told, to prevent it from crashing again.

Tsuna
8 Jan 2015, 08:01am
It was fine last night until 1 am est. Time spent 5 hours on ZE god bless

Bubba
8 Jan 2015, 08:09am
Nice to see it get players

BlackWhite
12 Jan 2015, 05:14pm
oh shit it's 53 now D:

Bdcoll
12 Jan 2015, 06:25pm
:S it sucks how hard the servers been hit by these outages. Seems to struggle getting above 40 players now, when before it was at 50's semi-consistently.

That being said, it could be a LOT worse. Just a matter of keeping the server online right now.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
13 Jan 2015, 12:12am
well it surprised me people kept comming! means SG gets more and more populair now.
So if the server can keep itself alive and online.
We can make another come back lol :P

Bdcoll
13 Jan 2015, 04:30am
:p thats the annoying thing z3ro. Were at the stage where the population is self sustaining without us putting in the effort to populate it as much as we would normally need to.

If it keeps crashing and leaking like this though, were going to get stuck back where we were originally :S

Z3r0 M4ni4c
13 Jan 2015, 04:52am
Yup you're right on that point.
Thats why its still needed to help populate it.
Send messages to friends / make a community message sometimes not too much in the week.
That would help too.
But first things first, the daily crash needs to stop.

WickedZealot
13 Jan 2015, 11:34am
Agreed, if gone unchecked it will destroy the population very easy - we have been here before a few times when CSS ZE started to nose dive in 2012 and then we moved servers faster than I could down a shot. I'm confident Pan and the boyz will be able to solve this - has anyone posted this issue of the daily crash ? As we should not have this now with the server move finished.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
13 Jan 2015, 11:38am
I reported it to MPQC today on steam! Hope they can fix it!

Bdcoll
13 Jan 2015, 11:39am
We've been messaging MPCQ and the likes when we notice it crashes in the morning.

Unfortunately we haven't even had the problem acknowledged in an official forum post, never mind told what it could be -_-

Prez
13 Jan 2015, 11:45am
From what I've heard there's some issue with authenticating the license so tcadmin works properly but I'm not 100% sure. I think there should be an official post soon once they've gotten everything fixed with the server move but we'll have to wait and see

SpikedRocker
13 Jan 2015, 12:02pm
From what I knew there was some issue with TCA where the server was not being ran from it so when it went down we couldn't restart it like we would normally. We had a few set backs from the server move. As of now it looks like the TCA has been fixed and the server is up.

From this point forward if crashes occur we should be able to restart the server pretty quickly and know what causes them as well.

We've just had a few unforeseen complications to the server move and I think we are back on the upward swing.

WickedZealot
13 Jan 2015, 12:11pm
From what I knew there was some issue with TCA where the server was not being ran from it so when it went down we couldn't restart it like we would normally. We had a few set backs from the server move. As of now it looks like the TCA has been fixed and the server is up.

From this point forward if crashes occur we should be able to restart the server pretty quickly and know what causes them as well.

We've just had a few unforeseen complications to the server move and I think we are back on the upward swing.

As one would expect - it's common to have a few issues with a major server move. Glad those little gremlins are sorted :)
Thanks for explaining!

Z3r0 M4ni4c
13 Jan 2015, 12:15pm
Just let us hope the server wont crash anymore that much!

Zaraki
14 Jan 2015, 02:09am
Just let us hope the server wont crash anymore that much!

Time for SG to jump back into the spotlight :)

Bdcoll
14 Jan 2015, 02:43am
Ah, well thanks for the update :D.

53rd now, so not so bad.

Itch
14 Jan 2015, 08:34am
Played for awhile last night and was surprised at how little teamwork was used.
People would destroy the barricades others had setup, just because they thought they deserved to be inside with them. Everyone runs with their knife out, choke points aren't held etc.

By the end of the time I was playing we finally got a group that was winning the maps a few times. It's going to take effort on the part of those that know how ZE should be played to build the server base up to where it stays full, and people actually work together. When I joined last night everyone was complaining about the map, when the real problem was they weren't working together.

It's great to see ZE on the rise again (even in CS:GO format).
Continue the good work, and between my million RL obligations I'll try to be on more often.

BlackWhite
14 Jan 2015, 08:58am
People would destroy the barricades others had setup, just because they thought they deserved to be inside with them. Everyone runs with their knife out, choke points aren't held etc.

By the end of the time I was playing we finally got a group that was winning the maps a few times. It's going to take effort on the part of those that know how ZE should be played to build the server base up to where it stays full, and people actually work together. When I joined last night everyone was complaining about the map, when the real problem was they weren't working together.

Continue the good work, and between my million RL obligations I'll try to be on more often.

people yelling, austism people, children in the same server will make you have enough headache for the rest of your life. And yeah, sometimes i do see some people leading, and ze have been quiet down now (as in volume)

BlackEagle
14 Jan 2015, 10:33am

Unfortunately it is hard to fix some of the stupidity found on the server but it's better than having a population of 0! It can take several rounds to get everyone organized and you basically have to take charge using your mic otherwise they'll never listen. Regardless of the lack of teamwork it is a ton of fun to play on the server.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
14 Jan 2015, 03:02pm
Me and R3TROATTACK were setting an example on teamwork to the people that were on that time.
Shooting and when one reloads the other shoots and people saw it and complimented us and took the example and did the same.
So sometimes it helps to show what teamwork is all about :wink:

If we do it people follow!

Punky
14 Jan 2015, 03:38pm
Me and R3TROATTACK were setting an example on teamwork to the people that were on that time.
Shooting and when one reloads the other shoots and people saw it and complimented us and took the example and did the same.

Not always unfortunately. Most of the time when only randies are on I'm the only one that stays at the back alone shooting zombies while everyone runs to hug the door :/

Itch
14 Jan 2015, 03:50pm

That was the point I was trying to make, we need our regs, oldfags, etc. to be vocal on the mic and show the newcomers how ZE can/should be played.

Not always unfortunately. Most of the time when only randies are on I'm the only one that stays at the back alone shooting zombies while everyone runs to hug the door :/

Try to be vocal, let them know over mic what you're doing. It took me several rounds to get a few people to start working with me. Once you get two or three others start to follow suit. I'm going to try to be more active, and would love to have someone to work with when I'm on.

Punky
14 Jan 2015, 03:52pm
Try to be vocal, let them know over mic what you're doing. It took me several rounds to get a few people to start working with me. Once you get two or three others start to follow suit. I'm going to try to be more active, and would love to have someone to work with when I'm on.

Always talking on mic, but trying to make them shoot back while running isn't easy, works on hold spots when I say to hold a bit longer tho (sometimes)

Z3r0 M4ni4c
14 Jan 2015, 04:17pm
When your on ZE with some regulars maby 2 or 3 people will follow you.

When you show them and tell them that to win ZE teamwork is the key than you will see how fast people help you on the back side to hold zombies back.

Just came from the server.
People complaining about shroomforest they couldnt beat it... i won it 2 times and showed them teamwork is the key and people followed not always the good way by getting killed but hey those things happen.

Same with mako... People complaining cant be beaten...i showed them it can with teamwork.
Just need a few to follow and the rest will.

But we need more people to populate this server because i was trying but i got a job tomorrow and not much people are showing up.
From now speaking only 16 people or so in the server playing.

So i hope to see more people from every side there is to come and join ZE and make SG the populair community it once's was. :thumb:

p.s. ill try to take a look @ twitch and stream when possible

Punky
14 Jan 2015, 04:26pm
People saying that map is shit, because they can't beat it, always make me happy ^^

Jazz
14 Jan 2015, 05:04pm
As of tomorrow I will officially announce a slight comeback of mine, I've been here and there but I will very likely(not a guarantee) play more after tomorrow since I have a big test tomorrow, and after that things will calm down. So +1 for server population.

The reason to why I decided to carry on with Alpha Squad was to be able to communicate with the members because they are mostly old school and/or knows how to play. So having some Alpha dudes out there is like a guarantee that some people will have my back, it may also show the general population how the game should be played.

All in all, we will do decent as long as there will be no crashes and crazy DL times.

Pan32
15 Jan 2015, 02:53am
Addressing a few things:

- Big download times are arbitrary, ie, on a change map, if many people dont have the map/new map, the fast dl will be significantly slower as it is 30+ downloading the file at the same time. Ever wondered why I purge really heavy sized and bad ports? Well, there you go.

- The crash two days ago wasnt actually a crash, as it was the server restarting and the autoloader from tcadmin was not working properly. Also there are the random map crashes, but were working on all of them.

- Yes, the gametracker rank is falling slightly, but its normal, after we reach high ranks, it will be made of ups and downs. The most important thing is to keep the server populated, fun and entertaining!

Turtlefiish
15 Jan 2015, 07:46am
Not checked since this thread is now quite long and I'm in a short gap between doing things -

Any chance we could get the bizarre grenade knockback fixed?

R3TROATTACK
15 Jan 2015, 08:03am
Not checked since this thread is now quite long and I'm in a short gap between doing things -

Any chance we could get the bizarre grenade knockback fixed?

I thought the nade knockback was fine o.o

BlackWhite
15 Jan 2015, 08:28am
unless he meant the old school "fail nade" knockback, funnier but annoying at the start

Turtlefiish
15 Jan 2015, 11:54am
unless he meant the old school "fail nade" knockback, funnier but annoying at the start

Can't see how it's annoying at any point, just more fun all-around really.

Liam Brown
15 Jan 2015, 12:21pm
I don't think the old knockback would work. We have so many new players that don't know what they're doing, I think a lot of people would get frustrated with it.

Turtlefiish
15 Jan 2015, 12:26pm
I don't think the old knockback would work. We have so many new players that don't know what they're doing, I think a lot of people would get frustrated with it.

Actually the new players seem to want it back too, I've done about 5 sm_vote's on this and each time it's come back in around the 70-80% mark for yes (and that's with the "-" option I put to stop 1 spam).

Punky
15 Jan 2015, 12:32pm
Actually the new players seem to want it back too, I've done about 5 sm_vote's on this and each time it's come back in around the 70-80% mark for yes (and that's with the "-" option I put to stop 1 spam).

Still the current knockback seems to help more than old one. I know it gives loads of fun, but bringing it back wouldn't just make the maps harder to beat (like it wasn't tough already)?

Liam Brown
15 Jan 2015, 12:54pm

I doubt many of the new players even know what a 'failnade' is or what the old knockback was like since they're new to ze.

WickedZealot
15 Jan 2015, 01:30pm
Still the current knockback seems to help more than old one. I know it gives loads of fun, but bringing it back wouldn't just make the maps harder to beat (like it wasn't tough already)?

Trust me the settings are easy enough for Humans .. it's not hard at all once a few players work as a team who can carry the rest of the newbies.

Failnade was such a vital part of previous ZE servers, it's why so many maps have "Failnade Area" written directly into them as it was a key core feature of ZE. I would sure like it back too but to be fair and meet the lads half way who don't want it, however about it slightly pushes zombies forward but no where as far as in the CSS server. This way those of us who love it can have something a little back on it, new players will burst out laughing again and fall in love with failnades again.. and cause the forward push strenght is no where as strong as before, it keeps you guys happy that it does land zombies 20 feet across the map.

Punky
15 Jan 2015, 01:40pm
Trust me the settings are easy enough for Humans .. it's not hard at all once a few players work as a team who can carry the rest of the newbies.

Failnade was such a vital part of previous ZE servers, it's why so many maps have "Failnade Area" written directly into them as it was a key core feature of ZE. I would sure like it back too but to be fair and meet the lads half way who don't want it, however about it slightly pushes zombies forward but no where as far as in the CSS server. This way those of us who love it can have something a little back on it, new players will burst out laughing again and fall in love with failnades again.. and cause the forward push strenght is no where as strong as before, it keeps you guys happy that it does land zombies 20 feet across the map.

I miss the old knockback too, but just seeing many people already whining about map they can't beat.... Anyway if there is a vote (that will change it) i will sure vote hell yeah.

Bdcoll
16 Jan 2015, 09:55am
So for the first time since the crashes began, the server maintained its population during the "Dead Period" of European daytime. This is great news :D

Z3r0 M4ni4c
16 Jan 2015, 10:07am
yeah but need lot more during the "dead period" was only 4 or 5 on all day

Punky
16 Jan 2015, 10:13am
Pity we've lost so many players, because of these unfortunate crashes etc.

Zaraki
16 Jan 2015, 10:15am
yeah but need lot more during the "dead period" was only 4 or 5 on all day

We need to advertise :D
I suggest:
- Facebook Groups (CS:GO Zombie pages)
- Other Communities that don't have these servers
- Gaming forums

Let's become number juan

Z3r0 M4ni4c
16 Jan 2015, 10:18am
Pity we've lost so many players, because of these unfortunate crashes etc.

Dont forget the people that came to play was in the holidays. So i already expected a little less population on the servers.
We will return!

We need to advertise :D
I suggest:
- Facebook Groups (CS:GO Zombie pages)
- Other Communities that don't have these servers
- Gaming forums

Let's become number juan

Lets start making Twitch channels and advertise with those @ friends @ facebook @ twitter @ socialmedia.
That would help a lot
Also remove some unpopulair maps
Because some of us likes them doesn't mean everybody likes.
If you want to get the most people to this community you also need some "meh" maps that attracts players and is populair.

Punky
16 Jan 2015, 10:27am
1: Record.
2: Edit.
3: Upload.
4: Get tons of views.
5:???
6:Profit = more players.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
16 Jan 2015, 10:35am
Exactly

BlackWhite
16 Jan 2015, 09:17pm
my pc is too shit to record anything, it lags, so hopefully someone else can do it

Z3r0 M4ni4c
17 Jan 2015, 01:42am
my pc is too shit to record anything, it lags, so hopefully someone else can do it

Was busy Streaming last night, btw im on a shitty laptop but still can stream :wink:
But people must stop being negative as i have seen some reacting in the chatbox.
If we promote SG more people come.
If its fun in the game and people see that they want to join too.
But well if people keep saying things like: Why would i watch when i can play different games
And other examples then it would help the streamer @ all

Bdcoll
17 Jan 2015, 06:39am
Tbh I really dont see streaming helping get people in. People are just going to play the game if they want to play it, instead of watching someone else do it.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
17 Jan 2015, 06:54am
Tbh I really dont see streaming helping get people in. People are just going to play the game if they want to play it, instead of watching someone else do it.

the point is to make advertisement that people will get more in!
Its not only to help people in its to advertise aswell.
And making videos of it to put on youtube for some funny movies to make.

If you want to make this community grow you need advertisement aswell.
If you think people come on there own your wrong, you need others to tell others to come.

But im getting a feeling im with only a few trying to get some advertisement up and running and others are just crashing idea's
( NO NOT EVERYONE )
If people be mad because i said this, sorry but this is how i feel about getting kicked down everytime comming up with idea's.

Would be more helpfull if people came up with some stuff to improve or some new better idea's

Agent_Wesker
17 Jan 2015, 07:30am
the point is to make advertisement that people will get more in!
Its not only to help people in its to advertise aswell.
And making videos of it to put on youtube for some funny movies to make.

If you want to make this community grow you need advertisement aswell.
If you think people come on there own your wrong, you need others to tell others to come.

But im getting a feeling im with only a few trying to get some advertisement up and running and others are just crashing idea's
( NO NOT EVERYONE )
If people be mad because i said this, sorry but this is how i feel about getting kicked down everytime comming up with idea's.

Would be more helpfull if people came up with some stuff to improve or some new better idea's

I think the server needs more maps (keeps it interesting for existing players) and adjustments for new players (how about a zombie knife?).

With CS:GO a lot of people are new to Zombie Escape so us veterans needs to make them feel welcome.

struki
17 Jan 2015, 06:18pm
Dunno what happened few days ago,because we were like 25th,now the server is down to 95th.
The server lags a lot when there is 50 people or more (on a choke point),so you guys should look into fixing that.

Turtlefiish
17 Jan 2015, 06:53pm
Dunno what happened few days ago,because we were like 25th,now the server is down to 95th.
The server lags a lot when there is 50 people or more (on a choke point),so you guys should look into fixing that.

It seems to be sound based for me, massive fps drop in chokes with sounds on, off causes the drop to be way less severe.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
17 Jan 2015, 06:57pm
yeah we were in with a full server!
It was dropping FPS like crazy when it gets above 45 people on the server.
Even with the sounds off

Bdcoll
18 Jan 2015, 04:11am
I know myself, Hane Hane and Liam have had this issue as well. Lots of people in one area firing = lag.

It dosent seem to happen for everyone though which is weird. Hane mentioned it happening after 2-3 round where he had to restart GO to get rid of it. I doubt its graphics related lag because A) I never had this problem before B) With the hardware I have, it should be able to cope with that easily

On a sort of similar note, TTT has had a LOT more hit detection issues with me since the server switch. So something tells me its our new hosts.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
18 Jan 2015, 04:38am
well already talked about it with Xeno.
The are gonna bring the slots from 60 to 42, probably the host can't handle 60 people in one server with other stuff around it.
Because when the number of players reached 45 or more it starts to lagg. First i thought it was me untill last night people kept complaining its lagging like hell.
and it all started with getting above 45 before that no problems.

Bdcoll
18 Jan 2015, 06:55am
I am 100% sure that it is NOT to do with the number of people on the server.

Just right now, 14 people on the server. 6 Human, 6 Zombie, 2 Dead Spectators. It lagged when the 6 humans were firing a mixture of pistol and normal guns... This is only happening after the server swap over...

SpikedRocker
18 Jan 2015, 07:18am
If you guys give us approximate times for the lag events we can probably crosscheck a few things. Unfortunatly, we may have to "deal with it" for a while until we figure out what is going on.

Edit: Also, please in the future just make new threads on issues like this. This thread can get overlooked pretty easy as it has nothing to do with actual issues with the server.

Pan32
18 Jan 2015, 07:44am
A little note: unless you didnt notice, the slots number felt down to 50 (54 with reserved). This is due to the fact that the new vps is quite a bit more weak and therefore cant take the 60 slots.

BlackWhite
18 Jan 2015, 08:07am
Lets see that if the lags goes away, i always though that it was my laptop problems, therefor didn't report it O.o

nublife
18 Jan 2015, 08:17am
But I dont have any lag when I play

Bdcoll
18 Jan 2015, 08:46am
I will make a forum post for it in the future, but it would be rather redundant. Its every single time I play on our ZE server now. Dosent matter how many players, it lags like a bitch during gunfire, so all I would really be doing is telling you when I'm playing on ZE -_-

Edit: That being said, playing right now with stopsound turned on ( So no sounds at all) and i'm relativley lag free A.K.A I get 10 fps per second instead of 1 per 5 -_-

Mandeemoo007
18 Jan 2015, 09:30am
I find that stopsound is a great thing for ZE. Because instead of breaking every speaker/earbud, they last because of the quiet sound!

Z3r0 M4ni4c
18 Jan 2015, 09:40am
I guess its a combination of the stopsound being off and the amount of people being on ZE.
Its a little of those 2 and maby the little less running server.
But im sure they can solve the problems.
For now its our thing to keep the servers populated so the people that manage the servers can tweak it!

Bdcoll
18 Jan 2015, 02:15pm
So, errrr, if your having problems with the lag when everyone is shooting. Trying verifying your cache. Somehow one of my audio files got corrupted.

And no. Spiked totally didnt need to babysit me to discover this -_-

struki
18 Jan 2015, 09:13pm
Crashed at 23:00 EST and 20:30 EST

SpikedRocker
18 Jan 2015, 10:33pm
Crashed at 23:00 EST and 20:30 EST

Thanks! I found a few curious things on both those logs. If possible in the future if you can give details on a few specifics like how many people were in the server, was it at the start, middle or end of round, was the map about to change, any weird events going on close to the time of the crash. All things like that can help pinpoint a possible cause. I definitely want to see more logs and details before trying to adjust anything.

BlackWhite
19 Jan 2015, 06:48am
Thanks! I found a few curious things on both those logs. If possible in the future if you can give details on a few specifics like how many people were in the server, was it at the start, middle or end of round, was the map about to change, any weird events going on close to the time of the crash. All things like that can help pinpoint a possible cause. I definitely want to see more logs and details before trying to adjust anything.

In my cases, mostly when we spam our guns or as a zombie being shoot by multiple gun, fps started drop. During map change, my csgo will 100% crash.

Rilex
19 Jan 2015, 07:01am
Haven't crashed. But noticed some lag spikes here and there. stopsound definitely helps a lot I feel like. Regarding the lag its usually only when the server is almost full, everyone spamming guns and nades.

stylez1989
19 Jan 2015, 07:46am

unless you have a Nvidia GPU of the 600 series and beyond and use the nvidia experience to record or stream using your gpu instead of using other streaming software which uses your cpu.

It's awesome.

Elemental
19 Jan 2015, 01:57pm
I actually started lagging like crazy about 2 hours ago and crashed at map switch. Were about 40 players on the server, on the Siberia map

KnuckleChild87
19 Jan 2015, 06:25pm
I will say i was sad when 95% of the time i'd open CS:GO and immediately check the server to see how many ppl were in it and see that the server was completely emplty! I don't play the normal mode much anymore and usually only play zombies. That's why when i checked the other day and saw the server FULL i was overjoyed!

I also liked the old nade knockback, but the current set up isn't bad either

SpikedRocker
19 Jan 2015, 10:47pm
In my cases, mostly when we spam our guns or as a zombie being shoot by multiple gun, fps started drop. During map change, my csgo will 100% crash.

Haven't crashed. But noticed some lag spikes here and there. stopsound definitely helps a lot I feel like. Regarding the lag its usually only when the server is almost full, everyone spamming guns and nades.

On both these instances, verify your game cache. If you are experiencing lag that has to do with sound I am betting you are missing or have a bad sound file and need to re-download.

I actually started lagging like crazy about 2 hours ago and crashed at map switch. Were about 40 players on the server, on the Siberia map

Will look into this thanks!

Z3r0 M4ni4c
20 Jan 2015, 12:02am
Shall we close this thread and start a new fresh Doing Good Ze Thread :wink: its now full of other stuff aswell.

Bdcoll made a thread for the Lag issue's so its seperated.
If there are problems in the future with the server, please post it in the server fix section:

You can find that section here ==>> http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=407