PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

BoM
21 Dec 2014, 11:35am
>not really an announcement just using it to get your attention<

Plain and simple SG lacks advertising. So my question to you guys, where and how should we be advertising SG?

floffypus
21 Dec 2014, 11:46am
On any gaming related site?

There are plenty ways to advertise, find the cheapest, most effective ways isnt easy. I can think of several cheap, close to free but it doesnt work without the initiative from our members.

1. we can design gaming related t-shirts and other merchandise on sites like district line. (if we could open our own store so people had to get these things directly from us that would be best ofc).
2. Become more active on youtube
3. Get those who are active on twitch to advertise
4. advertise for our giveaways on sites like reddit
5. i have no idea what this is lol http://youtubegaming.com/
6. the most important of all, that our members advertise by telling friends about us!

Labarr
21 Dec 2014, 12:04pm
Show tits

That's all I can tell you :<

ShoieP
21 Dec 2014, 12:22pm
We could start voting for SG again on that top clans website that's in Floffy's signature.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
21 Dec 2014, 12:27pm
we have a Facebook page btw lol

Minus
21 Dec 2014, 12:42pm
Do we have a group of people specifically aimed towards advertising? Topclans voting is another good way, we just need people aimed towards helping people to remember to vote by either daily reminders in CB or PMing on Steam to get them to vote. Like Floffy, there are plenty of ways. I think the first step should be assigning somebody to be in charge of advertising and getting a group of people together under them.

capp'n
21 Dec 2014, 02:09pm
I see some communities post on some places like IGN and Reddit about their community and stuff.

Mudkip™
21 Dec 2014, 03:26pm
post flyers on telephone poles in your community

Leon
21 Dec 2014, 03:34pm
PM all questions/bans/free admin @ >>>> http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/member.php?u=7351 <<<

BlackWhite
21 Dec 2014, 04:04pm
Depends on what kind of direction we are going. Like, are we going to focus only on gmod and csgo? or is it something more.

What we could do is try to be active on reddit (too much kid but yeah), youtube (upload something that isn't 420blazeit shit), and maybe something else that we can't do without proper change of SG.

Maybe we can have some people actually record themself playing game and stream on twitch (the ideas was already there but no one did it so far.)

By the way, What is this shitty outdated profiles https://www.gametracker.com/clan/steamgamers/

SpikedRocker
21 Dec 2014, 06:48pm
Any kind of professional forms of advertising will be expensive and most likely not for us. As sad as it is, word of mouth is most effective. You meet people outside of SG tell them about it. Could be as easily as hey join us on TeamSpeak so we can talk there instead of in-game or whatever.

As far as that game tracker, sad thing is that we have not had control over that since Garfield left and I am not sure what it would take to regain control. Kind of why we have 2 steam groups as well.

Zaraki
21 Dec 2014, 07:06pm
As Silentguns has suggested before, social media is a good way to advertise SG.
Groups like IGN are on Facebook, Twitter, ..
We can even try to advertise for SG on YouTube in the comment sections.

Options are endless, but we have to put effort into it or there will be no effect

SoulKeeper
24 Dec 2014, 09:11pm
join prison break servers and freekill everyone screaming STEAMGAMERS.COM until you're banned

then join another server and do this

srs talk now tho

You can always play on other servers, start talking to randies, add them, and suggest playing on steamgamers and shit

I remember alpha squad when we used to play on other ZE servers and get a bunch of fanboys to add us and we'd ease into telling them to join SG servers to play

A huge portion of recruiting for a community is stealing from other communities, we need people to go around to other communities/servers and try to steal people

See: TNS gaming, although they've died to failure of leadership they were decently popular at one time

Media networks like facebook, twitter, youtube are pointless unless you're already a large, famous community

Communities gain people by randoms wandering onto it, or being directly recruited through already made communities