PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Congress does nothing for Gay Military, will continue to do nothing

LegalSmash
11 Jun 2008, 07:16am
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080611/ap_on_go_co/gays_military

Big Surprise. The blue congress, knowing it has no sure veto, wont do anything for the homosexual American citizens serving armed forces. While I disagree with the idea of open serving (military discipline and bearing is more important than acting flamboyantly), I find it interesting that since Jan 2007, Congress has don't absolutely nothing for anyone, delivered on no promise, and continue to epically fail.

(applauding) Good job, imbeciles.

Slavic
11 Jun 2008, 08:50am
yay unnerving status quo

Red
11 Jun 2008, 09:00am
Don't worry, "Change" is coming?

Obamanation ftw

LegalSmash
11 Jun 2008, 09:28am
Got any spare change?

Can I have some change?

All your spare change are belong to us

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/a/ab/Annabelle_Lotus_funeral.jpg
Lets all lol for the moment of silence.

broncoty
11 Jun 2008, 09:45am
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080611/ap_on_go_co/gays_military

Big Surprise. The blue congress, knowing it has no sure veto, wont do anything for the homosexual American citizens serving armed forces. While I disagree with the idea of open serving (military discipline and bearing is more important than acting flamboyantly), I find it interesting that since Jan 2007, Congress has don't absolutely nothing for anyone, delivered on no promise, and continue to epically fail.

(applauding) Good job, imbeciles.

WAIT so your saying they didnt keep their promise? *tear*

PotshotPolka
11 Jun 2008, 09:58am
Was that a mini-fridge getting a burial ceremony? Or is this a crack at the Estate Tax?

Slavic
11 Jun 2008, 10:09pm
Was that a mini-fridge getting a burial ceremony? Or is this a crack at the Estate Tax?

Its a child's casket, and wtf they put Psychopath record label stickers on it, the hell is wrong with those parents.

Italian Jew
11 Jun 2008, 10:11pm
That kid is going into the afterlife sponsored...maybe the equivalent of the Greeks putting coins on the eyes of the deceased to pay Charon?

LegalSmash
11 Jun 2008, 10:49pm
I got the pic from a "juggalo"'s funeral, which was publicized on ED.

Italian Jew
11 Jun 2008, 11:32pm
kinky lot they are

LegalSmash
11 Jun 2008, 11:45pm
HAY GUISE WHATS DIGNITY?

phatman76
11 Jun 2008, 11:48pm
Lulz at congress. The American people do realize that "change" can't be made by a president, right? That laws originate in Congress, right? That all he can really do is talk and have sex with the secretary, right?

Oh wait, i made a mispreconception, that those voting for Obama know anything... I always used to say to those guys who say "Americans are stupid" that we aren't, but if we vote Obama in, damn, us Americans are fucking stupid...

Italian Jew
12 Jun 2008, 12:48am
The president typically takes on the role of leader of the party thereby has substantial influence over any legislature (especially if the party he leads has a majority of the legislative branch). No direct control is possible, but the influence is enough to get things going your way.

we did vote Bush in...twice... (maybe 1 and a half times if you really want to get into the whole Florida thing which was 8 years ago, so why bitch about it anymore?) The fail boat might come ashore again depending on your positions...

The appeal Obama has is that he is charismatic, much more so than McCain is. He would fare much better on the foreign stage with diplomacy than McCain, but some people would not be thrilled about having a non-white president. Obama's ability at uniting the country would probably not be as effective as McCain would have, but it owuld not be too far off. His speeches for "change" could use more elaboration, which is something he definitely will do further down the campaign if he has any intentions of winning the election as I know many have pointed that out in a more public media outlet.

People see McCain as doing a lot of what Bush has done the last two terms, and the general consensus is that many people have not enjoyed his stay as president. However, McCain does have some ability in uniting America, but he would not do well with the foreign stage because he comes off as a grumpy old man sometimes. He is displayed as a Hawk as opposed to Obama who seems more of a dove so it basically comes down to do we continue to wage war in the middle east or do we stop and try to repair things overseas.

With McCain the situation may be that America increases its role in the middle east, but leads to more devastating wars and a loss of foreign support rendering the US far weaker than it is now.

With Obama, the situation may be that we improve our record in foreign relations, but domestic issues continue to arise, such as splintering of the American people which also leads to the US becoming weaker.

For both candidates, the economy is still going to go down. Both will have to deal with it and neither candidate can prevent the drop as it will take far more years than in a president's term to repair the economy (if it is possible to repair it in a fair amount of time that is). I would say both are on fairly equal ground in respect to the shit that's about to hit the fan when one becomes president.

Personally, I think neither are fully qualified to lead America, but nobody really is fully qualified. Even if you have more experience in government, it really is a whole new world of pressure and responsibility. There is no school for president of the United States, so we all just have to choose who is the best bet and hope for the best.

LegalSmash
12 Jun 2008, 07:18am
I think this election we are literally between a douche and a turd. Neither holds sufficient requisite experience to hold a candle to former presidents. We should consider establishing a requirement that Presidential candidates needed to serve in the military AND have had business management experience prior to running. The current choice at the election table makes me unhappy altogether.

VirDeBello
12 Jun 2008, 07:40am
Its a child's casket, and wtf they put Psychopath record label stickers on it, the hell is wrong with those parents.

lmao I thought it was like a casket for a animal or dog or something

LegalSmash
12 Jun 2008, 08:44am
they are juggalos

Itch
12 Jun 2008, 08:47am
HAY GUISE WHATS DIGNITY?

I think it's that thing my friend sells for a dollar in her thong...

but I could be wrong?