PDA

View Full Version : M4A4 Griffin!!

floffypus
10 Dec 2014, 12:58pm
If you own a m4a4 griffin don't sell it. It will become a contraband item pretty soon so if you are the lucky owner of one keep it!
It'll be just like the howl, maybe even as expensive as the howl although i doubt it will be!
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/SPt0VuICCD8/maxresdefault.jpg

original artwork:

http://burmak.ru/wp-content/gallery/characters/g-mm-griffon02.jpg

DoubleSb
10 Dec 2014, 01:10pm
too bad it isn't.

BoM
10 Dec 2014, 01:37pm
Where is this information coming from

floffypus
10 Dec 2014, 01:43pm
Where is this information coming from

Reddit and Discussions on the cs:go forums on steam: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiveTrade/comments/2otcb9/discussion_m4a4_griffin_copyrighted_confirmed_by/

And the item have been removed from the workshop!

capp'n
10 Dec 2014, 01:43pm
ugly skin either way

floffypus
10 Dec 2014, 01:54pm
It's not 100% confirmed that it will become contraband, because he actually drew the griffin himself as proven in a gif but used a artwork as a reference. Unfortunately they look very similiar and maybe its enough for valve to replace it.

I also heard that its the same guy that created the howl so yeah :P

Darnias
10 Dec 2014, 03:44pm
The griffins aren't 100% same. I guess the creator used the "original" griffin as inspiration. I doubt this will be contraband. Keep spending muneis kids.

Jazzyy
10 Dec 2014, 06:28pm
death comes was also copyrighted reference'd and it didn't become contraband

Strawberry
11 Dec 2014, 01:41am
i kinda sold a minimal wear stat track griffin the day it came out for 300 NOK (around 30-35$) ;(

Banana Joe
11 Dec 2014, 06:57am
how do you "kinda" sell something

Strawberry
11 Dec 2014, 07:16am
how do you "kinda" sell something

you accidentally press sell. and by a mistake type 300. and then countinue to fuck up and press a random green button after checking a square off.

^-^ but i got 300kr, and thats nice

high rws
11 Dec 2014, 09:54am
asiimov crew doesn't give a fuck

Jazzyy
12 Dec 2014, 01:33am
Unlikely it will become contraband- it will be removed and reworked internally by Valve and the skin will be updated but the skin itself will not change in status most likely. We saw this with the "Death Comes" sticker where the illustration was copyright infringement however the skin was changed, and that was that.

As for whether or not it is or isn't- it doesn't matter. Ultimately Valve will decide to abide by this DMCA takedown request if the corporation who published the illustration under the author decide to pursue legal action. Valve doesn't deal lightly with this and even "tracing" skins is frowned greatly and ends up with the author of the skin getting banned.

Moral of the story? Don't plagiarize, for the author of this skin he may have made a cheap dollar on the Steam Market but his real life information has been found and it will be unlikely he'll find an easy time getting a job. Do your own illustrations, they might suck, but at least they won't get you banned from the Workshop and sued.

high rws
12 Dec 2014, 12:11pm
Unlikely it will become contraband- it will be removed and reworked internally by Valve and the skin will be updated but the skin itself will not change in status most likely. We saw this with the "Death Comes" sticker where the illustration was copyright infringement however the skin was changed, and that was that.

As for whether or not it is or isn't- it doesn't matter. Ultimately Valve will decide to abide by this DMCA takedown request if the corporation who published the illustration under the author decide to pursue legal action. Valve doesn't deal lightly with this and even "tracing" skins is frowned greatly and ends up with the author of the skin getting banned.

Moral of the story? Don't plagiarize, for the author of this skin he may have made a cheap dollar on the Steam Market but his real life information has been found and it will be unlikely he'll find an easy time getting a job. Do your own illustrations, they might suck, but at least they won't get you banned from the Workshop and sued.

those are some hot opinions