PDA

View Full Version : Member of the Month

Fonzi
28 Nov 2014, 10:38pm
Why doesn't SG do a Member of the month kind of contest event. Give members the credit they deserve for being the most devoted to SG.

Prez
28 Nov 2014, 11:26pm
Could be cool. We just have to look at:

What info do we take into account? Some combination of

Forum activity (post count and online time)
Server activity (in-game playing time, maybe via gameme if it's workable)
TS activity? If that can be tracked

And also

What the person gets? Examples:

Ribbon on forums
Special name or usergroup for the month following announcement
1 month free subscriber (if applicable and depending on the subscriber rank)
SG Store credits
Prizes maybe, but that's a big money thing

Could definitely work though.

Mandeemoo007
29 Nov 2014, 10:27am
I like this idea. I think it would get more users way more active on both forums and in the servers. And what we could also do it have a gamer of the month for a person who is super active in game, and a forum member of the month and then just an overall member of the month! And to go even further, we could have the gamer of the month brought down even more so it could be for each server a specific person, or just for the game itself.

Zorg
29 Nov 2014, 10:31am
I like this idea we should continue and actually go through with something like this:D

BoM
29 Nov 2014, 10:48am
Double salty as fuck. Lmao

LoneWolf
29 Nov 2014, 12:11pm
I know potatoes would win every month. that ass kisser LMFAO love you potatoes <3

BoA
29 Nov 2014, 06:17pm
I know potatoes would win every month. that ass kisser LMFAO love you potatoes <3

No.

Nuclear Onion
29 Nov 2014, 06:26pm
No.

This.

still salty

XeNo
29 Nov 2014, 08:56pm
I actually had this exact idea today. Bit more in-depth thought about it though, rather than simply recognizing random members for things they do.

I like it. It'll be discussed as a future thing we could do. Look towards maybe having something the start of next year we'll do a preliminary member of the month thing.

The community meeting for Dec is the 3rd Saturday of the month (Dec 20th) at 4PM EST, try and be there and feel free to bring this up and we can discuss what we've got so far on it as an idea.

Elemental
30 Nov 2014, 12:03pm
Sounds like a good idea, might compel members to be more active in the community

BlackWhite
30 Nov 2014, 04:23pm
We can nominate member of the month to the community meeting or do a post then put up a poll to let everyone vote

Neptune
30 Nov 2014, 04:32pm
Sounds good as long as admins can't get it, like SG.Hon

Suri
30 Nov 2014, 05:10pm
You could do what we used to do. Have a form that can be filled out by members nominating a member. The form would then be submitted and posted as a thread in the AO+ section for the higher ups to look over and pick whoever gets the most submissions.

The form would have section for Nominee name, and why they should get Member of the month. Used to work really well for us.

Ryoku
30 Nov 2014, 06:07pm
I actually had this exact idea today. Bit more in-depth thought about it though, rather than simply recognizing random members for things they do.

I like it. It'll be discussed as a future thing we could do. Look towards maybe having something the start of next year we'll do a preliminary member of the month thing.

The community meeting for Dec is the 3rd Saturday of the month (Dec 20th) at 4PM EST, try and be there and feel free to bring this up and we can discuss what we've got so far on it as an idea.

Can't wait for something like this. So many show ponies though. :D

Banana Joe
30 Nov 2014, 06:27pm
can i please be numero uno

Gator
1 Dec 2014, 07:04am
You could do what we used to do. Have a form that can be filled out by members nominating a member. The form would then be submitted and posted as a thread in the AO+ section for the higher ups to look over and pick whoever gets the most submissions.

The form would have section for Nominee name, and why they should get Member of the month. Used to work really well for us.

I think this would be the best way to do it, if at all. You can't go off of a person's forum activity or game time because some well deserving people are heavily active on one, but near nonexistent on another. Player nominations would allow everyone to have a fair opportunity (unless they bribe the fuck out of it.)

Rilex
1 Dec 2014, 08:55am
^Would be interested in seeing how this turns out. Lets try it out