PDA

View Full Version : Mirror

Madd26
9 Nov 2014, 05:51am
Can we have a option in the store to look at are selfs. Because im always curious what I look like and it normaly takes like an hour to get someone to take a screenshot of me. So if we could get that option it would be great.

SpikedRocker
12 Nov 2014, 01:18am
I don't think it would be possible in-game (it probably is but crazy amount of work), however with a web application could be done with less amount of work.

Suri
12 Nov 2014, 07:52am
I know in GM Store you have an ingame menu system where you can see yourself, but with CS:S it is done through a webpage, and is not part of the game itself. It is a bit harder to code something like this, but it can be done. When you are using the ingame store in GM you are able to pull the current data of your character very easily, but when you are dealing with an out of game element there is more indeth coding going on here and syncing to the game.

I am sure Spiked could figure it out ;)

MPQC
12 Nov 2014, 11:38am
We used to have a store server which you could view (most) items on yourself and let you buy & try every item to your hearts content. I know for sure that mirrors in CSS don't let you view yourself (you just look like a ghost in them..You can see the hats though lol). I don't really remember if I ever tried setting up third person, as I feel that would probably work, and I don't think it'd take much work at all.

BoM
12 Nov 2014, 01:29pm
Sleggie ran the store server. Bring sleggie back.....oh wait...

Nuclear Onion
12 Nov 2014, 01:36pm
Sleggie ran the store server. Bring sleggie back.....oh wait...
What ever happened to that guy?

Bread
12 Nov 2014, 02:46pm
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1776475

Pretty sure this was the plugin on the old store server (never forget), iirc it worked pretty good. I'll put it up on surf later tonight and see how it is, can't really do any harm having it on there.

MPQC
12 Nov 2014, 03:58pm
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1776475

Pretty sure this was the plugin on the old store server (never forget), iirc it worked pretty good. I'll put it up on surf later tonight and see how it is, can't really do any harm having it on there.

With the way the store works, I have a feeling you won't be able to see some of your items (such as hats). Things like that can pretty easily be fixed.

Bread
12 Nov 2014, 09:30pm
With the way the store works, I have a feeling you won't be able to see some of your items (such as hats). Things like that can pretty easily be fixed.

Yeah, couldn't see hats or pets. Trails looked fine though.